Do both the P2 vision and P2 vision plus have the same wifi module?

Reaction score
Hey guys,
First time posting here, Found lots of great information on here however i have come to a point where i am a bit stuck and hoping someone can help me out.

I have recently purchased my first drone, a second hand Phantom 2 Vision (came with fc200 camera on a single axial mount). Plugged it into the computer, updated the firmware and went for a fly, everything works fine except the live video feed. Now i realise this is a very common problem with the vision plus, however i have not seen as much information on the vision. I have tried troubleshooting as much as i can, formatted sd card, re installed software, checked for updates, re-binded, checked for loose/broken connections, nothing seems to work.

Through the app i have telemetry data and can also take photos/videos. just a black screen for the live view. Now i have done a ping test at which it fails on the 192.168.1.10, no response. which is the lower wifi pcb board, however when i pulled the drone apart, i did not have the big silver wifi module at all, just the phantom orange and black module next to the spot where the wifi module i thought should of been.

I also got a spare phantom 2 drone to use for parts off the same guy, i also had in the box of spares a h3-3d gimbal, im a bit confused as to which model that is exactly, how ever when i opened the spare up, it also didn't have the wifi module.

So my question is, should my drone have the big silver wifi module (part number WM301_DM368 i believe)? and obviously thats the cause of my problem. or is something else the problem? everything i do leads to the wifi module, i even brought the gear to reflash it, but when i opened it up it just wasn't there.

If it helps, the controller i use has the re500 wifi extender.

Really appreciate any help with this as ive come to a bit of a spot im stuck in.

Thanks,
Jim.

The Vision and the Vision + both use WiFi extenders.
the re500 was for the Vision and the 700 was for the +. We found way back the 700 worked with the Vision giving it more signal.
Now we had a update and it bricked the fc200’s.
unless I am bad mistaken as it has been awhile since I have been in one what you describe is a WiFi module from a P2V+. I never got my camera to work again as many didn’t. If you will do a search for bricked fc200 you should find threads about it.

Hey guys,
First time posting here, Found lots of great information on here however i have come to a point where i am a bit stuck and hoping someone can help me out.

I have recently purchased my first drone, a second hand Phantom 2 Vision (came with fc200 camera on a single axial mount). Plugged it into the computer, updated the firmware and went for a fly, everything works fine except the live video feed. Now i realise this is a very common problem with the vision plus, however i have not seen as much information on the vision. I have tried troubleshooting as much as i can, formatted sd card, re installed software, checked for updates, re-binded, checked for loose/broken connections, nothing seems to work.

Through the app i have telemetry data and can also take photos/videos. just a black screen for the live view. Now i have done a ping test at which it fails on the 192.168.1.10, no response. which is the lower wifi pcb board, however when i pulled the drone apart, i did not have the big silver wifi module at all, just the phantom orange and black module next to the spot where the wifi module i thought should of been.

I also got a spare phantom 2 drone to use for parts off the same guy, i also had in the box of spares a h3-3d gimbal, im a bit confused as to which model that is exactly, how ever when i opened the spare up, it also didn't have the wifi module.

So my question is, should my drone have the big silver wifi module (part number WM301_DM368 i believe)? and obviously thats the cause of my problem. or is something else the problem? everything i do leads to the wifi module, i even brought the gear to reflash it, but when i opened it up it just wasn't there.

If it helps, the controller i use has the re500 wifi extender.

Really appreciate any help with this as ive come to a bit of a spot im stuck in.

Thanks,
Jim.

The vision has its wifi module built into the camera
The vision plus has the silver module you are looking for.

The standard phantom 2 is not a vision or vision plus and isn’t interchangeable

The black screen on the vision can be repaired.

Only the vision plus with the silver module can be fixed

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj