Do both the P2 vision and P2 vision plus have the same wifi module?

Reaction score
Hey guys,
First time posting here, Found lots of great information on here however i have come to a point where i am a bit stuck and hoping someone can help me out.

I have recently purchased my first drone, a second hand Phantom 2 Vision (came with fc200 camera on a single axial mount). Plugged it into the computer, updated the firmware and went for a fly, everything works fine except the live video feed. Now i realise this is a very common problem with the vision plus, however i have not seen as much information on the vision. I have tried troubleshooting as much as i can, formatted sd card, re installed software, checked for updates, re-binded, checked for loose/broken connections, nothing seems to work.

Through the app i have telemetry data and can also take photos/videos. just a black screen for the live view. Now i have done a ping test at which it fails on the 192.168.1.10, no response. which is the lower wifi pcb board, however when i pulled the drone apart, i did not have the big silver wifi module at all, just the phantom orange and black module next to the spot where the wifi module i thought should of been.

I also got a spare phantom 2 drone to use for parts off the same guy, i also had in the box of spares a h3-3d gimbal, im a bit confused as to which model that is exactly, how ever when i opened the spare up, it also didn't have the wifi module.

So my question is, should my drone have the big silver wifi module (part number WM301_DM368 i believe)? and obviously thats the cause of my problem. or is something else the problem? everything i do leads to the wifi module, i even brought the gear to reflash it, but when i opened it up it just wasn't there.

If it helps, the controller i use has the re500 wifi extender.

Really appreciate any help with this as ive come to a bit of a spot im stuck in.

Thanks,
Jim.

The Vision and the Vision + both use WiFi extenders.
the re500 was for the Vision and the 700 was for the +. We found way back the 700 worked with the Vision giving it more signal.
Now we had a update and it bricked the fc200’s.
unless I am bad mistaken as it has been awhile since I have been in one what you describe is a WiFi module from a P2V+. I never got my camera to work again as many didn’t. If you will do a search for bricked fc200 you should find threads about it.

Hey guys,
First time posting here, Found lots of great information on here however i have come to a point where i am a bit stuck and hoping someone can help me out.

I have recently purchased my first drone, a second hand Phantom 2 Vision (came with fc200 camera on a single axial mount). Plugged it into the computer, updated the firmware and went for a fly, everything works fine except the live video feed. Now i realise this is a very common problem with the vision plus, however i have not seen as much information on the vision. I have tried troubleshooting as much as i can, formatted sd card, re installed software, checked for updates, re-binded, checked for loose/broken connections, nothing seems to work.

Through the app i have telemetry data and can also take photos/videos. just a black screen for the live view. Now i have done a ping test at which it fails on the 192.168.1.10, no response. which is the lower wifi pcb board, however when i pulled the drone apart, i did not have the big silver wifi module at all, just the phantom orange and black module next to the spot where the wifi module i thought should of been.

I also got a spare phantom 2 drone to use for parts off the same guy, i also had in the box of spares a h3-3d gimbal, im a bit confused as to which model that is exactly, how ever when i opened the spare up, it also didn't have the wifi module.

So my question is, should my drone have the big silver wifi module (part number WM301_DM368 i believe)? and obviously thats the cause of my problem. or is something else the problem? everything i do leads to the wifi module, i even brought the gear to reflash it, but when i opened it up it just wasn't there.

If it helps, the controller i use has the re500 wifi extender.

Really appreciate any help with this as ive come to a bit of a spot im stuck in.

Thanks,
Jim.

The vision has its wifi module built into the camera
The vision plus has the silver module you are looking for.

The standard phantom 2 is not a vision or vision plus and isn’t interchangeable

The black screen on the vision can be repaired.

Only the vision plus with the silver module can be fixed

Last edited:
Utube video shows how it can be repaired. I have have repaired several.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.