Compass error and beeping sound

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I replaced my Phantom 3 Professional body shell due to cracks with a new one.
Used Bondic (great product) to reinforce the shell and put it together again. It took a few hours but it went fine.

Only after starting up the Phantom I get the well-known compass error message “Compass error, please move the aircraft or calibrate the compass” that normally can be solved by moving the Phantom to an other location. But now I also get a beeping sound that goes like DD and after 2 seconds again DD (see video)

The sound just keeps going and does not stop. I tried to startup the Phantom from several locations but every time I get the same problem.

I checked all the wire connections and the whole Phantom but can’t find any problem. I reset the IMU, did the compass calibration, but just can’t fine the problem. Any of you guys know this problem and have a solution?

Many thanks in advance

Andre

Did you ever find out what the issue was for this. i have the same with my P3P after a minor accident. I have been told to check the GPS cable is connected but have not done so yet? Did you find the GPS cable was the issue?

Hi Rikki,
Yes I solved it. I had damaged 2 of the 4 little compass cables (dji part 11) when assambling the new Phantom 3 body. This resulted in an faulty connection that I solved with some tape.

So yes it must be your compass.
Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl