Compass error and beeping sound

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I replaced my Phantom 3 Professional body shell due to cracks with a new one.
Used Bondic (great product) to reinforce the shell and put it together again. It took a few hours but it went fine.

Only after starting up the Phantom I get the well-known compass error message “Compass error, please move the aircraft or calibrate the compass” that normally can be solved by moving the Phantom to an other location. But now I also get a beeping sound that goes like DD and after 2 seconds again DD (see video)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The sound just keeps going and does not stop. I tried to startup the Phantom from several locations but every time I get the same problem.

I checked all the wire connections and the whole Phantom but can’t find any problem. I reset the IMU, did the compass calibration, but just can’t fine the problem. Any of you guys know this problem and have a solution?

Many thanks in advance

Andre

Did you ever find out what the issue was for this. i have the same with my P3P after a minor accident. I have been told to check the GPS cable is connected but have not done so yet? Did you find the GPS cable was the issue?

Hi Rikki,
Yes I solved it. I had damaged 2 of the 4 little compass cables (dji part 11) when assambling the new Phantom 3 body. This resulted in an faulty connection that I solved with some tape.

So yes it must be your compass.
Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic