Got it all together and my cables arent long enough...i gotta rig somethin..but here it is all mounted
Awesome job pro, hope you get some cables sorted im on the edge of my seat.o_O

Awesome job pro, hope you get some cables sorted im on the edge of my seat.o_O

Yeah man im anxious to try it! I have a of length of different cable but still waiting on the ends.. I tried moving the panels around and even made a different bracket but still no go...i had everything charged up so i slapped the small dbs on there and fun in the yard... Since all these gypsy moth catapillers ate half the of all the trees in my town i can fly farther in my yard lol...and no leaves to rake in fall so its a win, win!

Hey @maxwell smart not sure if you saw Jeremiah's thread or not but mine just came in so I figured I'd share since you have been flying from your truck. Haven't had a chance to do a distance run or push them yet just the initial test flight. I'll provide some results once I have something worth sharing.

Attachments

• DJI_0001.JPG
    DJI_0001.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 379
  • DJI_0002.JPG
    DJI_0002.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 348
  • DJI_0004.JPG
    DJI_0004.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 367
Just had to show you guys what these catapillers did to all the trees..its just crazy to me...all within 2 weeks...

Attachments

• 1467813022883.jpg
    1467813022883.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 304
Reactions: seb evans
Just had to show you guys what these catapillers did to all the trees..its just crazy to me...all within 2 weeks...
Thats crazy lol, i take they go for a certaim species of tree.

****, stripped 'em bare! Those are probably pretty leafy this time year! Not permanent damage though just cosmetic?

They like oak but when those were gone they ate the maples...then the pines..anything with a leaf!! No permanent damage to most..they will bud next year but some are damaged and we have to take em down... there are just so many of them and they have little fiberglass hairs...we thought our son had poison ivy but it was from the catapillers. ..now the catapillers turned to moths and there are thousands of em flying all over and covering everything...ill try and take a pic or vid..its just insane..never seen anything like this ever. It was fun flying and watching them get pushed all over and dropping to the ground

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1467993951.667339.jpg

Hey Procharged, you know after I dissected the terminator panel I was told that some of the fine tuning would be lost. I'm pretty sure this thing is doing just fine. Have you had a chance to put your CCP's through the ringer? After you've given them a thorough run through and post results I'll send you the terminator

Reactions: seb evans
View attachment 59234
Hey Procharged, you know after I dissected the terminator panel I was told that some of the fine tuning would be lost. I'm pretty sure this thing is doing just fine. Have you had a chance to put your CCP's through the ringer? After you've given them a thorough run through and post results I'll send you the terminator
Sounds good to me! I found 2 cables long enough for the CCP's but not for the 19dbi 5.8 so im thinking of using the 5.8 from the little dbs panel with a booster for now. ive been crazy busy at work and doing house/yard project stuff so haven't had a chance to fly much...I have the whole weekend free and they are saying rain...man I just cant win lol...im tempted to spray my standard with waterproofer and saying screw it lets fly lol..im pretty sure that wont work tho. I want to run at least 2 batteries through the CCP's then I'm sending em your way

I don't see how taking them apart would mess with it...the spacing stayed the same right? you never took the foam boad off..or de-soldered anything right?

Hey @maxwell smart not sure if you saw Jeremiah's thread or not but mine just came in so I figured I'd share since you have been flying from your truck. Haven't had a chance to do a distance run or push them yet just the initial test flight. I'll provide some results once I have something worth sharing.
Hay man I have the same magnetic basses. Let us know how that works. At 98 and 110% humidity, I fly from the truck all summer. Thay say it fells like 108.
Hay Pro what the Kind of caterpillars is that.??? Run for your life. Or kill them with fire. They may get hungry for Phantoms.

I don't see how taking them apart would mess with it...the spacing stayed the same right? you never took the foam boad off..or de-soldered anything right?

Yeah I was delicate with them! Nothing changed! I think I was fed some scare tactics[emoji41]

Reactions: Procharged97
hey if you guys are giving out antennas, ship a good one up here to Oregon for me ;) I have new batteries arriving today, I'm outpacing the stock antennas I'm afraid. But its a good problem to have. And, thanks for all the information sharing guys, this is a great place to be :)

hey if you guys are giving out antennas, ship a good one up here to Oregon for me ;) I have new batteries arriving today, I'm outpacing the stock antennas I'm afraid. But its a good problem to have. And, thanks for all the information sharing guys, this is a great place to be :)

Hey digdat, so you're still running stock controller? I can send you my FPVLR v-2 on loan for a little while til you find something better
I cant give it to you though, I may need it again someday. You can have the pigtails though

Hey digdat, so you're still running stock controller? I can send you my FPVLR v-2 on loan for a little while til you find something better
I cant give it to you though, I may need it again someday. You can have the pigtails though
Nahh its all good, thanks DB, was having fun with you guys ;) I just gotta convince the wife an antenna is needed. And, I have cats and kids .. hate to have your FPVLR pee'd on or broken. I'm really enjoying pushing the stock controller/antenna setup actually. I can get 20-30k without any issue .. and thats nice :)

Nahh its all good, thanks DB, was having fun with you guys ;) I just gotta convince the wife an antenna is needed. And, I have cats and kids .. hate to have your FPVLR pee'd on or broken. I'm really enjoying pushing the stock controller/antenna setup actually. I can get 20-30k without any issue .. and thats nice :)

That's cool, offers open if you want it[emoji41]
I'm interested to see what you get with your stock antennas and the battery mod, that's actually one combination I never tried. Are you running windsurfers? The most reception I was able to get out of my stock P3A controller was 4 miles. Like I said if you change your mind feel free, I'm sure cats already pee'd on it and it's pretty tough

Hay man I have the same magnetic basses. Let us know how that works. At 98 and 110% humidity, I fly from the truck all summer. Thay say it fells like 108.
Hay Pro what the Kind of caterpillars is that.??? Run for your life. Or kill them with fire. They may get hungry for Phantoms.
They are gypsy moth catapillers. .i hate them!!

sent from my POS Samsung Galaxy

That's cool, offers open if you want it[emoji41]
I'm interested to see what you get with your stock antennas and the battery mod, that's actually one combination I never tried. Are you running windsurfers? The most reception I was able to get out of my stock P3A controller was 4 miles. Like I said if you change your mind feel free, I'm sure cats already pee'd on it and it's pretty tough
I don't have cats. :cool: 3 schnauzer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94