Hey maxwell - why a magnetic base on the boosters on your pole, rather than just running cable out of the end? Is there something to it?

Awesome setup btw. I miss visiting Texas. Used to come to Austin quite a bit years back. Food, people and hospitality were always amazing.
Dig what software are you using for screen record. I've tried a few in some did not work or it work lock up the phone when I was running Litchi.

Reactions: Procharged97
Dig what software are you using for screen record. I've tried a few in some did not work or it work lock up the phone when I was running Litchi.
It's an android app called "AZ screen recorder no root" .. Works pretty well, it's free and you can set the screen size and bitrate, no watermark or anything on the video.

Last edited:
Whats up fellas? anyone try any new combos? I went out Sunday and tried that big 23, 5.8 unboosted, and used some big 2.4 cannons boosted. My wife had a weird feeling and didn't want me to fly far...she kept saying, stay close, I have a bad feeling.... I brushed it off (she is usually right too) and didn't care because I was itching to try this new panel out really bad and couldn't because the weather has been crap. So we drove to the spot and parked, had the kids grab the gear and we setup and my son set his up too. The wind was picking up and was blowing in my flight path but I said screw it I'm going anyway. I fire it up, hover for a minute and check it all out, green light! I'm good. I hammer down and I'm gone flying with the wind doing bout 40mph right away, strong signal a mile out and my wife says don't go far, how far are you? I keep going and hit 2 miles. I'm super excited because I have never been able to get this far in this area ever! and I still had strong signal. The wife keeps saying to come back and I was getting the shaky leg so I said OK i'll turn around. Right when I turn around I lose signal and RTH kicks in, then it starts going up and then screen freezes and I get the disconnected in the app and I can't reconnect. Wind is getting bad now and all I hear is the beeping and my wife asking where is it lol, I say It's coming back....I think. Now I'm getting freaked out like crap I shoulda listened to her but I couldn't tell her that!.....7min go by and nothing and it should been back since it was only 2mi away...I shut ipad off then the rc, and amp then turn it back on...wait a minute and boom! I can see again, It's still over a mile away going 12mph and my battery time says 9 min left which I thought was weird....I fight the wind back and my wife starts yelling excitedly saying I see it, I see it!!!, hurry up and bring it down!. I get it back, land and sit down like **** that sucked! my wife pointing the finger at me saying see I told you, you shoulda stayed close. I pack her up (the drone, not the wife) and tell my son its his turn, He said I don't wanna fly now after that, not here, lets go somewhere else...lol. That was a fun day once again!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0129.PNG
    IMG_0129.PNG
    6.8 MB · Views: 414
Whats up fellas? anyone try any new combos? I went out Sunday and tried that big 23, 5.8 unboosted, and used some big 2.4 cannons boosted. My wife had a weird feeling and didn't want me to fly far...she kept saying, stay close, I have a bad feeling.... I brushed it off (she is usually right too) and didn't care because I was itching to try this new panel out really bad and couldn't because the weather has been crap. So we drove to the spot and parked, had the kids grab the gear and we setup and my son set his up too. The wind was picking up and was blowing in my flight path but I said screw it I'm going anyway. I fire it up, hover for a minute and check it all out, green light! I'm good. I hammer down and I'm gone flying with the wind doing bout 40mph right away, strong signal a mile out and my wife says don't go far, how far are you? I keep going and hit 2 miles. I'm super excited because I have never been able to get this far in this area ever! and I still had strong signal. The wife keeps saying to come back and I was getting the shaky leg so I said OK i'll turn around. Right when I turn around I lose signal and RTH kicks in, then it starts going up and then screen freezes and I get the disconnected in the app and I can't reconnect. Wind is getting bad now and all I hear is the beeping and my wife asking where is it lol, I say It's coming back....I think. Now I'm getting freaked out like crap I shoulda listened to her but I couldn't tell her that!.....7min go by and nothing and it should been back since it was only 2mi away...I shut ipad off then the rc, and amp then turn it back on...wait a minute and boom! I can see again, It's still over a mile away going 12mph and my battery time says 9 min left which I thought was weird....I fight the wind back and my wife starts yelling excitedly saying I see it, I see it!!!, hurry up and bring it down!. I get it back, land and sit down like **** that sucked! my wife pointing the finger at me saying see I told you, you shoulda stayed close. I pack her up (the drone, not the wife) and tell my son its his turn, He said I don't wanna fly now after that, not here, lets go somewhere else...lol. That was a fun day once again!!!
Good report Pro and glad it made it back or you would of NEVER heard the end of it.:confused:. With all the greenery that is doing great.
I should be getting the care package today. I went out this morning to see what I could do like hit a wall at 4.1 miles. Same spot as before. I was using the CCP's on the wifi it was doing great out to 16000 and then spotty, Humidity was up again about 48%.
I'll have to check my limits, I thought I put them way out but.

Reactions: Digdat0
Cant wait to see what you get after you redo the CCP'S

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: phxbird57
I hear is the beeping and my wife asking where is it lol, I say It's coming back....I think.
There was a lot of good content there, this was my favorite part. My son likes the hobby, my wife likes to remind me of the cost of losing or crashing it. Glad that you got signal back, you think that was the limit of that setup, or just an odd combo of weather, app and the setup.

tried that big 23, 5.8 unboosted, and used some big 2.4 cannons boosted
Need some sweet pics of that setup, is it the same cannons you posted earlier in this thread?

Dig you can post here bout the Xoars..it dont bother me one bit! Yes those are the ones i posted before! They work good but are huge!!! Anyone that walks by is like wtf is that!?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Okay everyone After receiving a Procharged97 mod kit for my CCP's. here are some pictures of the mod's. Really only two main things. Remove the cable and connection to the boards. install new SMA connection solder to the boards. new spacing for between the front panel and back panel. If weather permitting I'll be out in the morning testing out on my P2v+ along side my Procharged97 17.5 turn cannon. I'll have to thing of a nick name for it because it's large and blue :cool:. As you can see I run into a little snag with my one cable. I has new ones on order already. this will do for now.
I would like to Thank Pro for all the parts & Db for his help and everyone else for the support.
IMG_20160810_072910169.jpg IMG_20160810_073319647.jpg IMG_20160810_074140666.jpg IMG_20160810_084602834.jpg IMG_20160810_101600528.jpg IMG_20160810_101618879.jpg
I was reading some of the older threads here and it's amazing how far we have come from 1 1/2 years. I was not part of it yet. but back in April of last year I was seeing where a few was going 8000 ft with DBS setup. Now it's like that is the middleman now.

Okay everyone After receiving a Procharged97 mod kit for my CCP's. here are some pictures of the mod's. Really only two main things. Remove the cable and connection to the boards. install new SMA connection solder to the boards. new spacing for between the front panel and back panel. If weather permitting I'll be out in the morning testing out on my P2v+ along side my Procharged97 17.5 turn cannon. I'll have to thing of a nick name for it because it's large and blue :cool:. As you can see I run into a little snag with my one cable. I has new ones on order already. this will do for now.
I would like to Thank Pro for all the parts & Db for his help and everyone else for the support.
View attachment 61813 View attachment 61814 View attachment 61815 View attachment 61816 View attachment 61817 View attachment 61818
I was reading some of the older threads here and it's amazing how far we have come from 1 1/2 years. I was not part of it yet. but back in April of last year I was seeing where a few was going 8000 ft with DBS setup. Now it's like that is the middleman now.

Yea a long way we have come. But now we are carring around big stop sigh size panels.:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Reactions: phxbird57
i ordered my panels today, two of the CCP's. I need some foam spacers to balance it as well. Will fab up some mounts :)

Pro - I was looking back in the thread and noticed you removed the stock wire and replaced with a plug on the back. Did you do this so you could put better quality wires on there? Shorter?

Hay pro, I remember when you started this thread. It got off to a slow start, but look where we are now. :D
I always look for some new post on here.
I think Pro is the one who got me to find a 2nd transmitter and work to get some panels. Without this thread, I wouldn't .. so yeah come along way! I hit my goal on windsurfers which was 40k, now I wanna setup a interference free bird for my son to use :)

i ordered my panels today, two of the CCP's. I need some foam spacers to balance it as well. Will fab up some mounts :)

Pro - I was looking back in the thread and noticed you removed the stock wire and replaced with a plug on the back. Did you do this so you could put better quality wires on there? Shorter?
Dig I'm sure Pro will chime in but I got a mod kit pro sent me with spacers and the new sma connectors. I'm not sure where he got the connectors, the spacer was from a local hobby store. and I tested my new setup this morning and it did do better. I had already replace the spacer with some foam also form a local hobby store ( hobby Lobby). Pro can give you the low down on the spacing. I forget...

I think Pro is the one who got me to find a 2nd transmitter and work to get some panels. Without this thread, I wouldn't .. so yeah come along way! I hit my goal on windsurfers which was 40k, now I wanna setup a interference free bird for my son to use :)

Hi there Dig. I have seen your videos ,and I think you have maxed out the wind suffer. I think you hold the record. It is awesome what you have done. I live in a wifi heave area and I cant get that range on my maxrange. I would be happy with what you are getting.

Yeaaaaa Buddy! You need to space them then play around with adjustments. I removed that cable because it was junk and the jacket was ghetto rigged. So you are going to need connectors. I have some more on order but I think I have one more set. I'll check and if I do there yours..if i don't then ill hook you up when new batch gets here!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West