Can't activate or confirm my account

I called DJI and they kept me going thru the process several times and it finally worked. you will have to go to phone settings and change wifi from drone to home wifi then go back to dji go app and hope it connects when it does you complete the registration then go back to settings and reconnect to drone. good luck, this process seems way harder than it should be, everyone seems to have this problem.
FYI, this process is covered in the video I posted above.

Yes, go with @msinger try to give it at least 20 mins?

I would be afraid to shut it down tell its done.

Rod

I think you guys are right, I set mine up yesterday and I t took about 25 minutes of beeping to get set up but It did show on phone the percentage of download so I was able to tell that it was in the act of downloading.

Those are the sounds it makes when it's installing firmware. You could let it finish and it should eventually stop beeping.
Ok that's reassuring. I thought it was some kind of alarm so I shut it off and disconnected the battery... Can you tell I'm new at this? Lol

I had the same problem yesterday. I called DJI and they kept me going thru the process several times and it finally worked. you will have to go to phone settings and change wifi from drone to home wifi then go back to dji go app and hope it connects when it does you complete the registration then go back to settings and reconnect to drone. good luck, this process seems way harder than it should be, everyone seems to have this problem. Maybe DJI can simplify it one day. the motors beeping I think you may need to recalibrate the controller, I had to do it to get the motors to arm.
So I guess this is just a normal glitch thing and I should be able to connect eventually... Ok I can live with that.I'll keep trying!

Ok, so I have an update. I was able to register my drone with a friend's phone (galaxy s8) that worked flawlessly, but I am unable to get the camera feed on my S5... does anybody else use an S5? I've heard it's supposed to work fine on it...

Hi, I had exactly the same problem this week with a brand new P3. It only had success when I switched from an android phone to an Ipad, done in seconds. Went back to the android and it operates the app just fine. Looks like some android devices are a bit iffy when registering with them?

Hi, I had exactly the same problem this week with a brand new P3. It only had success when I switched from an android phone to an Ipad, done in seconds. Went back to the android and it operates the app just fine. Looks like some android devices are a bit iffy when registering with them?
Yeah it worked fine with my friend's S8... worst case scenario I have to upgrade my phone I guess.

if you still having trouble per haps trying to update with friends phone and if successful, then try you phone...just a thought

Just an update for you all, I FINALLY got it! after getting it registered with my friend's phone I was able to connect to it with my phone today, did another firmware update, and finally got some flight time in! THANK YOU all for your help! :)

Dunno the reason for this issue, but plenty of posts regarding it, so it is for real and not just user error. Nobody seems to be able to explain what the cause is, but it is very frustrating when you take delivery of a new Phantom and you cannot get it in the sky. Oh well, it gave me extended time to read most of the manual, and that is probably the best thing out of it.

Reactions: RodPad
I am new to this and here and am having the same issue. I bought a P3 Standard second hand DJI has confirmed that the drone serial number has never been activated. I have tried 2 Iphones 1 I pad and a samsung S3 all with the same results. I can connect the drone I can get my internet but I cannot enter the activation page on DJI Go. And likewise DJI customer service is no help.

If you can try other phones or tablets that may finally get you connected. Once connected seems problem solved, and previous devices suddenly work.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj