Can't activate or confirm my account

Reaction score
Just got a certified refurbished P3 standard. went through all the steps to set up my account but when I get to the part where it says "confirm your activated account" with the "Activate" button on the bottom, I click activate and I get an error message that says "check your internet connection, the activation process requires internet access to link your aircraft to your account" I've checked and double checked everything, made sure I was connected to my home's wifi, I have full bars, I can get on the internet with my phone so I know it's working... I've been on chat with DJI support, they were not able to offer any solutions.. I'm beyond frustrated and don't know what to do... I'm using a samsung galaxy S5 which the website says is compatible. Please help.

Reactions: dazzer
Welcome to the Forum!

Disconnect from your Phantoms WiFi.
Connector to your home WiFi, to Activate.
Your mobile device needs internet.

When that is done reconnect to your Phantom.

Rod

Welcome to the Forum!

Disconnect from your Phantoms WiFi.
Connector to your home WiFi, to Activate.
Your mobile device needs internet.

When that is done reconnect to your Phantom.

Rod
I did that, it still does not work

If you're sure your S5 is connected to the Internet, then try reinstalling DJI GO or try activating using a different mobile device.

What happens if you disconnect from your local Wi-Fi network and allow the activation to go through your cellular connection?

Dang, have you restarted your mobile?
With out another device, I'm not thinking of anything else, looks like @msinger has the best answers ;)

Rod

Dang, have you restarted your mobile?
With out another device, I'm not thinking of anything else, looks like @msinger has the best answers ;)

Rod
Yep I've tried restarting it, reinstalling the app... Just restarted my router to see if that helps. I was hoping to fly for the first time today :(

What happens if you disconnect from your local Wi-Fi network and allow the activation to go through your cellular connection?[/QUOTE I tried that and it still says no connection. going to try manually turning off my wifi

ok, Just tried to reconnect with my drone's wifi and now it's beeping like crazy! What is going on?

Where is the beeping sound coming from?

FYI, here's a video showing how the activation process should work:

It's the motors... the motors themselves are beeping! what?? I have no idea what's going on, if i'm messing it up or what!

What does the beep pattern sound like?

I had the same problem yesterday. I called DJI and they kept me going thru the process several times and it finally worked. you will have to go to phone settings and change wifi from drone to home wifi then go back to dji go app and hope it connects when it does you complete the registration then go back to settings and reconnect to drone. good luck, this process seems way harder than it should be, everyone seems to have this problem. Maybe DJI can simplify it one day. the motors beeping I think you may need to recalibrate the controller, I had to do it to get the motors to arm.

BEEEEP BEEEEEP BEEEEEP also the gimball on the camera is doing 3 short beeps. The whole thing is going haywire!

I have to go to work, i've been at this all morning. will check back tonight. Thanks for all your help thus far.

BEEEEP BEEEEEP BEEEEEP also the gimball on the camera is doing 3 short beeps. The whole thing is going haywire!
Those are the sounds it makes when it's installing firmware. You could let it finish and it should eventually stop beeping.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl