Motor blocked error. (spins freely)

Reaction score
Hey friends, if you saw my last post, I’ve been trying to get my phantom 3 ADVANCED fired up. I finally got aftermarket batteries, and I went to go test fly. however, one of my motors just refused to start up, the three others work perfectly fine. (DJI GO says motor blocked but I can spin it freely just like the others)

I read online to try a software update, and it’s still doing that before and after.

(TEXT FILE SAYS COMPLETED. HOWEVER, I CAN ADD IT IF I NEED.)

Someone told me it might be an ECS error, but I’m not trying to open it up, as new as I am.

So my question is, what are your thoughts? And if you think it needs to be repaired, who should I go to for aftermarket?

Thanks in advance!

Hey friends, if you saw my last post, I’ve been trying to get my phantom 3 ADVANCED fired up. I finally got aftermarket batteries, and I went to go test fly. however, one of my motors just refused to start up, the three others work perfectly fine. (DJI GO says motor blocked but I can spin it freely just like the others)

I read online to try a software update, and it’s still doing that before and after.

(TEXT FILE SAYS COMPLETED. HOWEVER, I CAN ADD IT IF I NEED.)

Someone told me it might be an ECS error, but I’m not trying to open it up, as new as I am.

So my question is, what are your thoughts? And if you think it needs to be repaired, who should I go to for aftermarket?

Thanks in advance!
DJI error messages are often cryptic and not specific. If I had to make a guess, I’d first think it’s an ESC issue with that motor.

Which FW did you install to try to fix the issue? Was it 11.30? That version was released by DJI to help a small number of users with erroneous ESC errors.

Also, if it were mine I would want to see inside to be sure that the motor is connected properly from a wire perspective. Often times, people do poor jobs with soldering or they fail to strip the enameling (coating) from the wires.

One very common issue in the old days was that people would install prop guards with longer screws, then later remove the prop guards but reinsert the longer screws and damage motors.

What sounds does it make when you power it up? Are you hearing 4 loud tones?

DJI error messages are often cryptic and not specific. If I had to make a guess, I’d first think it’s an ESC issue with that motor.

Which FW did you install to try to fix the issue? Was it 11.30? That version was released by DJI to help a small number of users with erroneous ESC errors.

Also, if it were mine I would want to see inside to be sure that the motor is connected properly from a wire perspective. Often times, people do poor jobs with soldering or they fail to strip the enameling (coating) from the wires.

One very common issue in the old days was that people would install prop guards with longer screws, then later remove the prop guards but reinsert the longer screws and damage motors.

What sounds does it make when you power it up? Are you hearing 4 loud tones?
Thanks for responding!

No, I believe I installed 11.20 which was the latest version I saw on their website.

Ok, I might take a crack at opening up, however, I need to find a repair guide as I don’t know what I’m doing lol… (also if this helps at all.. it was only used once by the previous owner, and then sat in storage for five years or something like that. I don’t know if that might play a role?)

I don’t believe so, because I don’t know if it would damage it that much for just one flight,(I have no idea though) also I don’t know what I’m looking for if the special screws were still on.

I believe it’s only 3 loud beeps, however, I could be mistaken. Next time I get my hands on it I’ll keep that in mind.

Link to vid iCloud

If previous owner had a mishap and crashed the drone and one of the propellers was trying to spin could have burned the motor or esc. It would good to first check wiring to the motor like Oso said.

Please tell us how you resolved the issue. Or not :oops:
Sorry about that, a while ago, I got a new motor for the one that wasn’t spinning. One side, Jerry rigged, the new motor on. It finally told me that it was an ECS issue and now won’t even spin up at all. Since the old motor was still twitching, I guess the drone thought it was fine, but now that it sees something wrong, it stopped everything. I’m not gonna be fooling with any board issues so I’m gonna see how much I can get off it from eBay.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl