Best practices leading up to take-off

Reaction score
I’m using all the latest firmware, iOS, etc.

I have never been satisfied with DJI GO, and now with the choppy and unwatchable feed I try not to ever use it.

So I mainly stick to the typical third party apps, mostly DD, pix4d, etc. But I have a very hard time getting the app to finally recognize my Phantom. It’s like I need to restart everything (RC, drone, app) and change the order of what I’m turning on first until it finally connects. It just wastes precious battery life and is pretty annoying.

So is there any specific order of app/RC/battery power-up, and also is there any need to even open DJI GO if I’m not gonna use it to fly?

Recommended order: First switch on RC then AC then App;
to switch off first AC then RC
you do not need to open DJI GO

Ladislav

Reactions: Flybynite
Just try unplugging and replugging the tablet to the RC while everything is on. That typically fixes my third party app recognition issues.

Make sure you have your Wifi on the iPad turned OFF, or switch and fly on 5.8Ghz. I've seen iPad wifi interfere with the video feed when flying on 2.4Ghz, regardless of range, 500' or 50'. If the Wifi on the iPad is ON, and not connected to an access point, it will hunt all wifi channels for an access point. This hunting will interfere with the video feed. KEEP WIFI TURNED OFF.

I’m using all the latest firmware, iOS, etc.

I have never been satisfied with DJI GO, and now with the choppy and unwatchable feed I try not to ever use it.
What model iOS device are you using? Are you on iOS11? I've seen iOS11 running with the latest Go4 app on an iPadMini4 (A8 CPU). However, it had a big issue with the Wifi problem I mentioned in post #4

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20