Changed gimbal and have a mess need help to sort it out.

Reaction score
Ok so as most know my P3S crashed a while back. Since then I have bought another one as well as one that’s functional just needs to be put back together.

Anyway, here is where I’m stumped. I put a gimbal off of one of the used ones I purchased onto my original that crashed. My remote will fly the drone fine but I don’t have telemetry, video, battery status, etc. Now comes the part I find strange. If I turn on the remote from the drone the gimbal came off of it will show the video, settings, battery, etc. that remote however says signal lost so will not power up rotors, fly drone or anything. I have tried to pair both of the RC to the AC. I hold the button on the AC but both remotes time out while pairing.

How would I go about getting one controller to work everything? The one that will fly, etc will also move the gimbal. The one that won’t fly but shows telemetry, etc won’t move the gimbal or do anything else except make the video come on. Would it be an app problem? Firmware? Pairing? I’m at a loss and also not sure why neither remote will pair to the P3.

I also read somewhere that you could roll back the firmware in the DJI go app but I can’t find it anywhere on there. Thanks for any help in this.

I think I found part of the problem. Seems that during the crash maybe the pair button either broke or got stuck. Looks like I’ll have to pull the top off and check it out. I know re-pairing devices sometimes fixes some small issues like this so I’ll look into that tomorrow. Luckily I have the one not put back together that I can steal from until I can order a replacement if I happen to need a replacement button.

I think I found part of the problem. Seems that during the crash maybe the pair button either broke or got stuck. Looks like I’ll have to pull the top off and check it out. I know re-pairing devices sometimes fixes some small issues like this so I’ll look into that tomorrow. Luckily I have the one not put back together that I can steal from until I can order a replacement if I happen to need a replacement button.
Did you try manual linking method,,,can you feel the link button click when pressed,....
Screenshot_20210612-132413_Google.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t try that and yeah that’s why I think the crash either broke the link button off or it’s stuck down. Cant feel it click. Off tomorrow so going to look at it then.
Sweet,,good luck and hope I not wake you up,I'll end up grilled shark ,I'll check in later see how you got on

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan