rookie needs help to get my phantom 1 up and flying

Another question. How far can I safely fly my Phantom 1 once I establish my GPS location, 500 yards?

Thanks

Last edited:
Set my computer back to an earlier date? HUH? I have no clue how to do that. I guess it's time to watch more youtube videos. How far back does it need to be set?

I think you are talking about restoring the computer to an earlier restore point. I know how to do that, but I don't know how far back I can go. How can I tell?

I've done a lot of searching for software downloads for the Phantom 1. I found downloads here and thought that this link might prove useful for those still flying the Phantom 1

DJI Phantom Drone

Last edited:
There was a website dji-innovations.com but they no longer support the v1.1 any more.
I don't know much more than this manual gives. But I think it's a low battery alarm so the battery might be going bad if it's old you only get about 15 minutes on a good hot battery!
But I have never heard mine doing an alarm but that's where I would start. Let us know!!

I discovered that it's an alarm when the throttle stick is not in the correct position.

I think you are talking about restoring the computer to an earlier restore point. I know how to do that, but I don't know how far back I can go. How can I tell?
No, I don't believe it was a restore point. They just set the date to an earlier time. Search on this site, There was a lot of talk about that a few years back.

The P1 frequency is 2.4 ghz….well, most were. Some were on 5.8. The wifi on the Gopro is 2.4. You do not want than on while flying your drone.

I also have a gopro 3+ and my daughters friend installed the gopro app on my phone. Are you saying that I shouldn't use my phone to see where I am filming?

I also have a gopro 3+ and my daughters friend installed the gopro app on my phone. Are you saying that I shouldn't use my phone to see where I am filming?
If they are both using the same frequency, I would say no. I have never tried it. Plus, the distance would be so short, why bother? Now, there are companies that mfg small transmitters and video for drones on 5.8 .

If they are both using the same frequency, I would say no. I have never tried it. Plus, the distance would be so short, why bother? Now, there are companies that mfg small transmitters and video for drones on 5.8 .

In your opinion, how short of a distance a, 100 yards, 200 yards, 500, yards?

In your opinion, how short of a distance a, 100 yards, 200 yards, 500, yards?
Like Monte55 said I wouldn't do it if the controller and your wi-fi for camera are the same frequency they interfere with each other is the general gist of it which means you can lose signal & control of your bird

I discovered that it's an alarm when the throttle stick is not in the correct position.
On mine the sticks go to the center! If it's like mine it will go about 3 or 4 hundred meters
My manual says not have any wireless devices such as WiFi opened go pro 3 or higher
I put a fat shark on mine so I can see where I'm going I love it. The first time I used it I went
straight up as far as it would go. And looked around it was great. Fat shark came with a camera but I use my go pro with the fat shark transmitter works pretty good. I'm saving for a newerr done a mavic 2 or a phantom 4 p or something!

On mine the sticks go to the center! If it's like mine it will go about 3 or 4 hundred meters
My manual says not have any wireless devices such as WiFi opened go pro 3 or higher
I put a fat shark on mine so I can see where I'm going I love it. The first time I used it I went
straight up as far as it would go. And looked around it was great. Fat shark came with a camera but I use my go pro with the fat shark transmitter works pretty good. I'm saving for a newerr done a mavic 2 or a phantom 4 p or something!

My right stick (still working on more technical terms) goes back to center, but my left stick stays where ever I leave it. Possibly there is something wrong with the left stick. I watched a video where someone was putting a spring back on the right stick. Should the left stick have a spring?

I was planning on using my android to see what I wanted the drone to film. That doesn't look like a possibility as per some of the posts. I have a gopro 3 and a gopro 3+. I have never heard of a "fat shark", but that doesn't surprise me. i'm 64 and sometimes the new technology baffles me. lol. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks I suppose. Thank you for your efforts to help. I really appreciate everyone's efforts to help. I have all winter to work this out before I fly it on our hiking trips.

Cheers

My right stick (still working on more technical terms) goes back to center, but my left stick stays where ever I leave it. Possibly there is something wrong with the left stick. I watched a video where someone was putting a spring back on the right stick. Should the left stick have a spring?

I was planning on using my android to see what I wanted the drone to film. That doesn't look like a possibility as per some of the posts. I have a gopro 3 and a gopro 3+. I have never heard of a "fat shark", but that doesn't surprise me. i'm 64 and sometimes the new technology baffles me. lol. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks I suppose. Thank you for your efforts to help. I really appreciate everyone's efforts to help. I have all winter to work this out before I fly it on our hiking trips.

Cheers
Well both of my sticks return to center I'm not sure about a spring! But I'm 63 so you can figure it out. A fat shark is a FPV system it came with transmitter and receiver a camera and a set of goggles it cost a couple hundred bucks, I use my go pro camera for the better picture and I can record on a micro SD card it's a lot of fun to see while you in the air you feel like a bird! If you have any questions I'll be glad to try and help. I'm not the smartest bird in the bush but I get by.
Later

Reactions: caupwhiting
Well both of my sticks return to center I'm not sure about a spring! But I'm 63 so you can figure it out. A fat shark is a FPV system it came with transmitter and receiver a camera and a set of goggles it cost a couple hundred bucks, I use my go pro camera for the better picture and I can record on a micro SD card it's a lot of fun to see while you in the air you feel like a bird! If you have any questions I'll be glad to try and help. I'm not the smartest bird in the bush but I get by.
Later

Thanks for the encouragement. It just takes me longer to cements things in my brain due to a bout with Mono in 1997 at 43 and ultimately Chronic Fatigue which affected my congnitive skills. I'll just keep at it and it will eventually sink in. I've already learned a lot already.

Cheers

Thanks for the encouragement. It just takes me longer to cements things in my brain due to a bout with Mono in 1997 at 43 and ultimately Chronic Fatigue which affected my congnitive skills. I'll just keep at it and it will eventually sink in. I've already learned a lot already.

Cheers
I found out there is a kit for a self centering throttle if you are interested
DJI Phantom 1 Parts - HeliPal
and here is a video showing how to install it.

Yep, that's the video I posted about earlier. Thanks for giving me the link. When I watched it the first time, I thought that they had just installed the spring. Now i know that the other gizmo he added is part of the kit. I'll have to contact the seller to see if it will fit my SR6 controller. Thanks again.

Cheers

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik