rookie needs help to get my phantom 1 up and flying

I haven't flown it yet. I had to put it away for a while, but have been thinking about flying it on a nice warm day. I think i'll just start it up and see if will fly. Try some simple hovering and landing to get my feet wet so to speak. I will be sure to keep the group posted.

Thanks for asking.
Just calibrate the compass start her up and have fun! I'm sure you don't need to worry with connecting it to your computer just run it with the firmware that is all ready installed! I just got me a new battery from hobby town and flying around I got too high wind about stole it haha!
If you need any info just ask I can give you my email address if you need help!
Good luck and happy flying!

I haven't flown it yet. I had to put it away for a while, but have been thinking about flying it on a nice warm day. I think i'll just start it up and see if will fly. Try some simple hovering and landing to get my feet wet so to speak. I will be sure to keep the group posted.

Thanks for asking.
Have you tried starting it up in the house take the props off and start the radio plug in the battery in drone pull both sticks down and to the middle the motors should start! Then if that happens run motors up to 80% that's how you take off! If you do that you can put props on and go out in a field when there's not much wind and fly! You don't need to worry with the computer! I've had the same firmware on mine for years now no problems! Give me a report!

Reactions: Nocentis
Have you tried starting it up in the house take the props off and start the radio plug in the battery in drone pull both sticks down and to the middle the motors should start! Then if that happens run motors up to 80% that's how you take off! If you do that you can put props on and go out in a field when there's not much wind and fly! You don't need to worry with the computer! I've had the same firmware on mine for years now no problems! Give me a report!
Alright, today was the day to try and fly it. Powered on the controller and when the light was solid red. Oops almost forgot, and pushing both switches up, I installed the battery. Let the drone go through its warm-ups until it blinked 1 green then a series of green. Started the drone and took off. I hovered for a second or two then one propeller flew off and it came down on the driveway. I did not find the prop that came off. All in all I consider this to be a successful first flight. Need to make sure the props are tighter than just arthritic finger tight, LOL! Thanks to everyone who helped me get this thing in the air. I'm going to need more propellers.

Attachments

• IMG_20190515_115955.jpg
    IMG_20190515_115955.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_20190515_120010.jpg
    IMG_20190515_120010.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 195
Be sure to put them on the right motor clockwise and counterclockwise there marked..
Glad for your first flight, try to get out where you can't crash into anything for learning
to fly and give it throttle quick, they tip over if you take off to slow! Good luck keep us
in the loop!?

Thanks for all of your help and encouragement. You have been a lot of help. I guess that the Phantom 1 has all CW nuts.

Reactions: Nocentis

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers