Any P3 4k Experts? - Tricky Problem

Reaction score
This afternoon (at 12:54 see log below) when trying to update firmware from P3XW_FW_V01.05.0040.bin to the newer P3XW_FW_V01.06.0050.bin there was a failure about 60% of the way through.

DJI Go App suggested after that fail that I try again, but I can't.

The aircraft powers up and so does the remote controller.

I don't get a Phantom Wi-Fi Network and the remote controller light stays red. I can control the camera gimbal with the remote but there's no way to get the DJI app to see the camera or do anything else as I can't connect a phone or tablet to the Phantom.

I've repeatedly tried to relink / pair the rc and the aircraft, remote light flashes blue, the little light that you push in on the aircraft goes from steady green to flashing red but pairing never takes place.

Using SD card I've managed to successfully do firmware upgrades and downgrades on the quadcopter. I'll post the log.

I'm pretty stuck now. It seems like it's the remote control that's at fault, perhaps it was the thing that suffered during the aborted upgrade. I opened it and disconnected the battery for 30 minutes then reconnected, hasn't made any difference.

How can I even work out whether aircraft has a fault or if it's the remote?

Everything works as it normally does, the usual sequence of the drone starting up, camera gimbal moving about but after quad has 'settled" it doesn't get to the next stage, no Wi-Fi network. remote light stays on red, lights on quad rear arms flash yellow

I've checked and it is possible to connect Windows PC to the USB port of the RC or the USB port of the quadcopter (the top one) and get the PC to recognise the devices as DJI Serial Ports

Out of ideas, anyone?

Last edited:
The first three dates are accurate, the last ones are all later the same day

========== 2016.09.18 22:10:21 =====================
Packet: P3XW_FW_V01.05.0040.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2016.12.09 10:48:50 =====================
Packet: P3XW_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2018.03.16 12:54:16 =====================
Result: Corrupted.
Firmware bin file is corrupted, download it again from the DJI offical website.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3XW_FW_V01.06.0050.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:17:18 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3XW_FW_V01.04.0030.bin
Upgrading ...

Upgrading ...

Packet: P3XW_FW_V01.06.0050.bin
Upgrading ...

This guy on YouTube has the same DJI P3 4k drone and GL358wB remote controller and his devices refuse to pair in the same way as mine. I've tried messaging him to find out how this came about and if he's managed to solve it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Why are the bin files different like this one Packet: P3XW_FW_V99.99.9999.bin and these dates are all messed up.
========== 2016.09.18 22:10:21 =====================
Upgrading ...

========== 2016.12.09 10:48:50 =====================
Upgrading ...

========== 2018.03.16 12:54:16 =====================
Result: Corrupted.
Make sure the only bin file on your sd card is the P3XW_FW_V01.06.0050.bin that your trying to upgrade to if you have multiple bin files on there its going to cause problems.

This afternoon (at 12:54 see log below) when trying to update firmware from P3XW_FW_V01.06.0050.bin to the newer P3XW_FW_V01.06.0050.bin there was a failure about 60% of the way through.

DJI Go App suggested after that fail that I try again, but I can't.

The aircraft powers up and so does the remote controller.

I don't get a Phantom Wi-Fi Network and the remote controller light stays red. I can control the camera gimbal with the remote but there's no way to get the DJI app to see the camera or do anything else as I can't connect a phone or tablet to the Phantom.

I've repeatedly tried to relink / pair the rc and the aircraft, remote light flashes blue, the little light that you push in on the aircraft goes from steady green to flashing red but pairing never takes place.

Using SD card I've managed to successfully do firmware upgrades and downgrades on the quadcopter. I'll post the log.

I'm pretty stuck now. It seems like it's the remote control that's at fault, perhaps it was the thing that suffered during the aborted upgrade. I opened it and disconnected the battery for 30 minutes then reconnected, hasn't made any difference.

How can I even work out whether aircraft has a fault or if it's the remote?

Everything works as it normally does, the usual sequence of the drone starting up, camera gimbal moving about but after quad has 'settled" it doesn't get to the next stage, no Wi-Fi network. remote light stays on red, lights on quad rear arms flash yellow

I've checked and it is possible to connect Windows PC to the USB port of the RC or the USB port of the quadcopter (the top one) and get the PC to recognise the devices as DJI Serial Ports

Out of ideas, anyone?

Not sure I can shed any light on this necessarily - but I want to understand the background. What do you mean when you say you were trying to upgrade from P3XW_FW_V01.06.0050.bin to the "newer" P3XW_FW_V01.06.0050.bin? Was this a typo or were you really trying to reinstall the same FW version? Or, are you saying there are two different FW releases with the same version number?

-Adrian

Thanks for spotting that. Have edited it. Glad you noticed my mistake.

One other thing your not having a pairing issue if you were able to control the gimble, the problem is in the WIFI connection

But it never pairs, I notice you have the same drone, could you try pairing yours, even though you can already control everything will it allow you to do the linking procedure again or does it fail because it is already linked? That would help me to understand my problem.

Don't the remote and quadcopter have to pair up in order to exchange wi-fi information? Both remote controller and drone have wi-fi antennas for video?

There seams to be some confusion here:
Linking is only required when using a new remote with the drone.
Pairing is a term used for connecting two devices via Bluetooth.

Is the device your using connecting to the remote control's built in WIFI or is it grabbing another router thats nearby?

As I said in my first post I don't get a Phantom Wi-Fi Network and the remote controller light stays red.

The device (Android phone) can only see my home router, if that's switched off then it doesn't see anything. The SSID of the P3 isn't visible as it is normally.

Before the problem firmware update the phones and tablets I use with my drone would connect to the Phantom's network and I'd be able to enter the camera part of the DJI Go App.

The reason I think the two aren't linked is that link status light behind the link button on the quadcopter is red when it should be green. The link status light on the remote controller is red not green and there are lots of posts saying that you may need to relink the two after firmware updates and this seems to be a common problem

Why are the bin files different like this one Packet: P3XW_FW_V99.99.9999.bin and these dates are all messed up.

That's not the contents of the SD card. That's the firmware update log! The dates are when the updates were carried out the apart from where it says in the log "2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect" the remote and app weren't connected so the drone could not get the time and date. The P3XW_FW_V99.99.9999.bin is part of the update method where firmware is given a temp name so that it appears higher than any other.

Bonjour, j'ai exactement le même problème que vous sur mon drone phantom 3 4k. Cependant je n'arrive pas à faire de mise à jour. Avez vous finalement résolu votre problème? Cordialement

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic