Almost lost my p3a due to error

So do i need to upload a different file to see what went wrong still? I have been flying for iver a year, but have never done any of this file stuff so excuse my lack of knowlage on this stuff. Thanks

So do i need to upload a different file to see what went wrong still?
The aircraft .dat files start recording immediately at power on of the AC. There can be several of those without motor starts. As Bud suggested previously: I suggest that you submit FLY463 and FLY464.

FLY464 looks like the correct file - it was a flight at 2350Z on 3/3 and shows a couple of problems leading to ATTI mode. The obvious problem is that after the yaw (heading) value is initialized at 22° (NNE) before takeoff, when the aircraft changes heading in flight at 257 s, the IMU-computed yaw and the magnetic (compass) heading start to disagree significantly. That causes a "YAW_ERROR_LARGE" flag and the switch to ATTI after the aircraft is unable to resolve it.

FLY464_01.png

So was this caused from piolit error or some thing is bad on the drone? I always take off from dirt ground not around any metal things.

Generally it's due to taking off from a magnetically distorted location, but I notice from the log that you appear to have done a compass calibration just before launch. Usually those fail rather than lead to a bad set of calibration data, but is there any chance that you were wearing anything magnetic when you did that?

As I mentioned earlier, pull the .dat from the AC, per the instructions and place a sharable link back here. There are many of us who can take a look and see what the issue might possibly be. That would be the next step, before you move on to a hardware issue with the AC. And when you you say shut down by the "Sticks" method, if you were using CSC, that is why it flipped over. NEVER EVER use CSC to shut down the AC. Simply pull the throttle down for a few seconds. That is the way to do that.

Sorry but what is csc ?? Newb question

i think i have found out why i had issues with compass and gps., i thought it would be nice to paint my drone to make it different., well it was a good idea but i happened to use metallic spray pain on the top of the drone., not a good idea!! it made the gps intermittent and the compass also. i am guessing the metal in the paint affected the calibration and make unstable., i just put new case on it and it seems to be fine now., will know more tomorrow cause i hope to fly all day. thanks for all of the help and things., not sure if this fixed it ,. but it does make some sense kinda of what was happening.,

i think i have found out why i had issues with compass and gps., i thought it would be nice to paint my drone to make it different., well it was a good idea but i happened to use metallic spray pain on the top of the drone., not a good idea!! it made the gps intermittent and the compass also. i am guessing the metal in the paint affected the calibration and make unstable., i just put new case on it and it seems to be fine now., will know more tomorrow cause i hope to fly all day. thanks for all of the help and things., not sure if this fixed it ,. but it does make some sense kinda of what was happening.,

Did your issues start strait after painting the quad?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164