Almost lost my p3a due to error

Reaction score
Today i fley my p3a and everything flew normal for a few minutes. Then all hell broke loose. It started to go north then east and west on its own. It all happened so fast, i did not see any warnings. After a few white nuckle moments and luck, i was able to get control and land it safe! Scared the hell out of me. I dont think it was pilot error that started it. I dont know what is going wrong. I would love to get ur all ideas on it. I know at the end, i was doing all kinds of stuff trying to get control of it again. I know i probaly done lots wrong after it took off by its self. Any advice i would love to hear. Thanks.

Today i fley my p3a and everything flew normal for a few minutes. Then all hell broke loose. It started to go north then east and west on its own. It all happened so fast, i did not see any warnings. After a few white nuckle moments and luck, i was able to get control and land it safe! Scared the hell out of me. I dont think it was pilot error that started it. I dont know what is going wrong. I would love to get ur all ideas on it. I know at the end, i was doing all kinds of stuff trying to get control of it again. I know i probaly done lots wrong after it took off by its self. Any advice i would love to hear. Thanks.
As you've seen here on the forum, uploading your log of the flight (link below) and posting a link to the data is the best way to get any feedback.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

Sound's more like simple ATTI flying to me. But again, you can say all you want but without the log data, it is mute point to speculate on anything. Could be pilot error ( Can be proven), Could be an AC anomoly, ( Can be proven ). No logs, no definative answer.

OK I AM HAVING ISSUES WITH MY IPHONE AND GETTING THE FILES TO DOWNLOAD., HOW ELSE CAN I UPLOAD THE CVS AND TEXT FILES ?? I HAVE THEM ON AIDATA ALSO OF THE FLIGHT ALSO.,

Multiple Compass errors to start with. And you must have had it set for auto-takeoff, the way it looks. That's only a starting point.

You were given multiple Yaw Error messages, prior to the Compass Error. Compass errors tend to do that sort of thing.

Compass Errors.png

Reactions: shegeek72 and JoBe
i hope this is the text file
Yaw errors are like a compass error but are worse.
There's a technical explanation of it in this thread: Looking for Trouble ??
A yaw error will cause crazy flight like what you experienced.
You are lucky it went away and you were able to bring the Phantom back.
The usual cause is launching from a steel or reinforced concrete (half-steel) surface but they usually show up closer to home than in your case.
What was the launch area like?

Here are your flight modes. You must have manually flipped the switch to ATTI, early in the flight ( Unless that was purposeful) then switched back to P-GPS. Whatever the reason I don't see that as having any bearing on the flight as it was well before the errors began. Also notice the Auto-Takeoff.

Flight Modes.png

Reactions: shegeek72 and JoBe
@Meta4 You asked about the launch point, and I just found this odd, but not really something that would have had anything to do with the compass errors. But, it is a bit unusual ( Not far fetched) by any stretch that according to this home point, the GPS was quite a bit off. More so than what I normally see. This has his launch point in the trees according to GE. Measuring it out, the closest clear launch point is roughly 60+ feet away. That just sounds a bit out of accuracy from what I usually see. Just for what its worth.
Capture1.PNG

Reactions: JoBe
Thanks . I launched it from bare dirt area just past the tree linen. I have launched it from same site many many times with no issues. Im scared to death to fly it without finding out how to fix this. I did get anerror message right after take off of hi wifi interferance for a second then went away.

Multiple Compass errors to start with. And you must have had it set for auto-takeoff, the way it looks. That's only a starting point.
Yes i always use auto take off mode. Is this a not good idea? I wait for it to say home point recorded before taking off. Then is says take off. I started this off from same point have for many good flights. Dirt spot, nothing under it that i know of.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj