9.23mi 40min Flight - Midnight Skunk Works!

[

I've got ADD. I've been by that thread a few times, too slow. Fast, quick, crash, get another one, put it in the air. I'm game for that game. Innovation and balls is what you said. I'll do one better, it's here for everyone to see, $5k for 15 miles. Offer stands for 60 days, starting today. Full video and telemetry a must. No 3rd party verification. I'll verify by witnessing the flight video with telemetry and then I'll write the check. You provide me the exact same set-up at my cost, you set mine up, I pay for it. Go boys. Let the race begin. You must accept the challenge within 24 hours from now to qualify. How's that for balls?

Jerry
Is that full signal one way? Cause that might not even be doable yet and 30 miles round trip is just not where we're at w/ the phantom 3 (yet)

I'm working on the video. I overlaid Dashware to the original footage for telemetry data and I just encoded the replay of the flight in DJI Go. My plan is to make a video with picture-in-picture, the main window the HD footage, and the PiP the DJI Go screen replay. Not the live in flight screen but the replay from the flight record. I'm not a video editing expert so it might take me a couple days to figure out how to sync 2 videos transition from one window to another to show the takeoff and landing in full screen. Because, as you see the flight was at night so looking at a black screen would be more boring than ANY distance video out there.

I never claimed to be some special scientist who knows all there is to know about the P3...Maybe that's your assumption?
What good would faking a flight be if it isn't even the record? UnknownCaller has it. 9.35mi and I'm sure he will beat that very soon! Besides, falsifying data to claim some internet record would be one of the gayest things ever. What are you going to gain from it? As for opening up the sensors, power and others...They already are!
1inbVZk.png

Great, transparency is so valuable. In healthydrones.com you posted, I could not access anything but the map. It does seem unreasonable that you would have a 40 minute flight at 9.53 miles without any antenna boosters, battery modifications etc. We drone pilots would like to do the same, so share the wealth. That's all I'm after. Thanks.

Are you being serious NRJ?
Yes, when someone states they did this and it is over the average flight, then I expect them to show proof. Don't you? Or are you just an accept whatever I read type person? I want some backup. If you read his last comment, he provides exactly what pilots would want to know. Thanks for your question.

Reactions: dirtybum
Great, transparency is so valuable. In healthydrones.com you posted, I could not access anything but the map. It does seem unreasonable that you would have a 40 minute flight at 9.53 miles without any antenna boosters, battery modifications etc. We drone pilots would like to do the same, so share the wealth. That's all I'm after. Thanks.
Did you read the thread? I stated my entire setup.

I'm not to read it and believe it type guy. I'm a get out there and see what works type guy, I don't come on somebody's post question their validity and then asked them to hand me over all the tricks that I've worked hard for. Ed's got nothing to prove

Reactions: Jtrjr
In your original thread, this is what I read. I did not see your setup.

Took the SOLID P3A out to 9.23 miles tonight. A direct result of the collaboration of some of the brightest, most innovative and "balls-of-steel members" (you know who you are), "Midnight Skunk Works" has achieved a major accomplishment in less than perfect conditions. This could go 10mi+ in ideal conditions. Video pending...

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Looks like you were simply bragging. Did I miss something? Do I have to read the entire thread to find where you finally stated your setup? Let me know. Thanks.

NRJ,

Who has to prove anything here? He said what he did it, believe it or not. Why poke holes? I just put up $5k to prove something. I don't expect everyone to do it, I just hope people will! Spirit Man, it's all about Spirit! Don't worry, before I give up $5k, I'll be convinced. Innovation and rock solid balls, I'm all in! We were a great people, we lost the will to be better. I'm all for better! Get 'er done, boys! You got $1k to throw in? That'll make it six...

Jerry

Just to let you guys know. I don't just believe everything you say. I require proof or the ability to test myself. I do not believe in blind faith, the stupidity to believe something just because someone says it is true. If you want to spread out your blind faith in anything and everything, So be it. Good luck and don't cry when you fail. I will verify first and be all in when I feel I have completed all the necessary requirements for what I want to accomplish. Good luck to all you blind believers. I respectfully have requested information from Ed209 and he will get back to me and we will resolve this issue professionally, not blindly. Happy flying.

I will bow out because you have no idea what you are talking about. Unfortunately, Ed209 won't respond as you are thwarting the entire conversation. I will get what I need in better places than what you have to offer. I thought I could be a part of this thread, but you seem to dominate all. I'm not a person like that and will not give my allegiance to one all formidable leader. Lead on and my best to you. I am out of this thread. Good day and may great and unobscured distance be in your future.

Enough of the nicey nice. I'm alive because of you and your Brothers. I'll bow down every single day for the life you've afforded me and my Family. To this very day, I remember the hum of that bird coming down. I remember the landings, the net seats, the cold, the noise, anything to get home. I'll never throw a coarse word at you again.

!5 Miles, $5k, you in Ed?

Jerry
I gotta go back and read this again. Or what were the stipulations? Does it have to be a P3?

Lol i think db is catching up on the drama. So don't let it reignite. I'd hate for this thread to get shut down due to it.

Any Phantom, modified or not. Modifications have to be done to one of my birds at my expense at the end. Good? you in?

Jerry
Man I appreciate the challenge but I don't think the phantom platform is the one for that. Not until battery technology gets better and we have lighter, more capacity. It's getting better but I'm not sure. I'm trying to get to 10mi first!

Lol i think db is catching up on the drama. So don't let it reignite. I'd hate for this thread to get shut down due to it.
Yeah you're right Ed, I got caught up in them derailing a good thing and I guess I ended up doing the same thing. I'll catch ya on the next post. Great flight Ed![emoji41]

I"m going to bow out because I think this thread will get along fine without me. Some on here are not keeping up with the goings on. Good luck to you all and I hope you all reach your goals. Go Jtrjr and Ed209. Make it happen!!!

I'm trying to figure of that was total flight or one way. I know others that are getting close to 40mins. When I get the time I will let another member do my battery mod. Just been busy lately.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Challenge still stands. Cut-off time 8:00 PM tomorrow. All participants need to register on this thread. Furthest flight, 15 miles or greater, in 60 days takes the crown. Winner takes all. No winner, no money. Who is in?

Jerry

15 miles, 30 miles total won't happen anytime soon at least not with a DJi product. I have only seen (online) 10 miles with a DJi Matrice 100 done by DBS Mods. 5 additional miles is a huge jump from there. I'm sure it'll happen someday but as Ed said the battery tech just isn't there, the power to weight ratio.

P3A new motors
FW 1.1.9
R/C GL300A
R/C FW 1.5.70
FPVLRv2 (2W Sunhans amps)
DJI Go 2.4.3

I don't have antenna tracking since I'm just flying straight out. That sounds cool though.
How did you go to FW 1.1.9 with new motors. I have a new motors P3P with FW 1.4, never been higher, and cant even go back to 1.3.2

With a fpvlr kit, do you thing it makes any difference whether it is a GL 300 A o r B ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj