Cell deviations noticed on Healthy Drones website. I told DJI and they sent me a replacement battery

Reaction score
Cell deviations noticed on Healthy Drones website. I told DJI and they sent me a replacement battery. Here is my timeline of events.

I performed a deep cycle discharge and brought the battery down to 6% (I know could have gone just to 8%) to re-initializes the battery's internal software (whether or not this works or needed please limit responses to another post, I know that probably won't happen, but I figured I would put the request out there), I checked my healthy drones log after doing so and I noticed that my battery was having some major cell deviations reported there. The log is available here:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

So I emailed DJI about it and gave them the link, they ended up sending me a replacement battery at no cost (also paid for shipping both ways). Below is a timeline of events so others can get an idea of how long it might take. In fairness I live in West Virginia and had to ship to California and then they shipped it back from there (this is what took up most of the time), also we had a holiday thrown in the middle which didn't speed things up.

I am not complaining or praising the service I received from DJI; I am just merely sharing my experience to give others an idea of what they might expect.

On a side note, I was told on the phone that they repaired the battery per the notes from their repair department (which although I suppose the offending cell could be swapped out, I did not think that they did that). But when the replacement battery arrived it has a different serial number. I called and asked them about this and they apologized for the miscommunication and stated that they in fact do not repair batteries and the battery they sent me is a new battery (I have yet to test it, not at home, my wife sent me pic of battery and serial number).

Here is the timeline of events:
Tuesday June 28th - Deep Cycle battery to 6% and then see issues on healthy drones.
Wednesday June 29th - Contacted DJI about issue via email
Thursday June 30th - DJI Responds and opens a case for the issue
Friday July 1st - Received UPS label to send battery to DJI in California
Saturday July 2nd - Dropped off Battery at UPS
Tuesday July 5th - Unit leaves UPS store headed for California
Monday July 11th - Package arrived at DJI in California
Tuesday July 12th - DJI Sends email acknowledging they have received my battery
Saturday July 16th - DJI sends email and tracking number shipping battery back to me
Monday July 18th - UPS Origin Scan
Tuesday July 19th - Departure Scan, battery is actually on the move now
Friday July 22nd - Replacement battery arrives at my house

Reactions: Digdat0
Congrats and way to go.

Break it in and enjoy... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: dmark1867

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads