6.25 MILE Phantom 3 Flight this morning.

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tried out my new antenna array from Horizon FPV....
Absolutely perfect connection entire flight.

Had the usual technical difficulties again with my phone and DJI GO app freezing, so i lost my video and telemetry on the way back.

Attachments

• 11994390_10207941705206701_1528315371_n.jpg
    11994390_10207941705206701_1528315371_n.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 738
Reactions: Mordor
Pretty crazy setup!! Looks like a good location as well. I think I'd be a little more limited in my area!

Post the link to your setup. This is a little out of my league now. Maybe in the future though!

Looks great. How are you recording the video and what program are you using to get the telemetry?

I'm going to be buying antennas from Horizon so am very interested in your set up. Did you have amps to boost the signal or did you just rely on the antennas?

Great video! Wait... Where are the 'you've gone over 400'ft, you will burn in hell crowd'?

Please post your setup. That is my next purchase.... Can't wait!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tried out my new antenna array from Horizon FPV....
Absolutely perfect connection entire flight.

Had the usual technical difficulties again with my phone and DJI GO app freezing, so i lost my video and telemetry on the way back.
Impressive.
My only concern is that those antennas look pretty directional.
Is there any chance to find omni antennas, even if that would mean reducing their range?

I'm guessing he did not Land back at the home point. Didn't watch the whole video tho
In which case he does not have a 6.25 mile range. One way is useless the preparation and manpower would not be worth it. Still it does encourage those of us who think a mile is almost too far away.

Its batteries which limit the range. Ive done a 6 miles trip (3 miles out and back) with the normal stock antenna and all was perfect. Was past the 30% battery warning when i landed. I suspect with height I could go much much further but I would never get the bird back so whats the point?

Now.....this is what i call a SERIOUS antenna mod.

Big LOLOL for those you criticize me on other tread. Eat dust .....

Congratulations on this!! Well Done!

Reactions: BigAl07
Now.....this is what i call a SERIOUS antenna mod.

Big LOLOL for those you criticize me on other tread. Eat dust .....

Congratulations on this!! Well Done!

Who would criticize this? This is great stuff!

Who would criticize this? This is great stuff!

Some guys on other tread. Not this one. I notice the use of external cables and antennas for serious performance, and they didn`t "like" it....

Sorry the OFF:

On the other side, this gentleman did take thins to another level...and a serious, scientific one..
Well done!

Well I have flown 32000 one way 64000 feet round trip with no boosters and itelite antenna clear signal all the way no flying backwards either.fpvlr antenna the same.but itelite works better...fly safe

Last edited:
Well I have flown 32000 feet with no boosters and itelite antenna clear signal all the way no flying backwards either.fpvlr antenna the same.but itelite works better...fly safe

So glad people are still doing this stuff. You must be in a warm climate. Our weather is keeping my flights to less that 10 minutes, and lower thrust levels, just for safety purposes. Can't wait for 60 degree weather again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.