Dji Phantom 3 Long Range World Record 7209 METERS - 4.47 MILES - 23 651 FEET

Fantastic distance - you must have landed with 1-2 % battery
Phantom 3 Standard - 6845 metres one way and 13,690 metres return - landed with 8%

Last edited:
High risk going to 54% you have no room for error flying long range over the ocean. I flew to far once out to sea, just made it back auto landed at 4% (the adrenaline was flowing that flight)
cheers.

High risk going to 54% you have no room for error flying long range over the ocean. I flew to far once out to sea, just made it back auto landed at 4% (the adrenaline was flowing that flight)
cheers.
I had that experience one time, only because I lost signal on return and with RTH the speed falls to 20kph approx. Of course I hadnt known that and when I could have taken over control, I didn't. 5.5 km out and return was a close run thing. Unfortunately the only place I can practice is over the ocean. Landing at 4% must have been some buzz, I'd say you had been trembling at that point.

F3A95A70-9573-40FC-9ADD-36EF8E39E6EF.png D2C9EC60-D9C7-48D9-8E46-247D769615C1.png Recent flight with my trusty phantom 3 standard with DBS range extender

Reactions: Rohanm
yep old thread..one question for us long range junkies, carbon fibre props are they a lot better than
standard props...maybe johnny drones can answer??? fly safe guys!
I've done my own controlled experiment in my garage. All blades perfectly balanced, I literally got less than a minute more battery life with CF.

Reactions: foconnell1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20