Dji Phantom 3 Long Range World Record 7209 METERS - 4.47 MILES - 23 651 FEET

I took my P3p out early today(no wind) wanted to check range with latest firmware..got out to 6140m (20,144ft) before losing signal and eventually landed with 7% battery. I was a bit worried on return journey as app crashed, thank goodness for that
RTH feature (phew).
wow i did a 4.2 mile flight and had 50% left after i landed

Battery only 2 months old..only got one, I should buy a spare. Maybe on last flight rth used more battery power than flying back in ATTI mode..not sure?

Battery only 2 months old..only got one, I should buy a spare. Maybe on last flight rth used more battery power than flying back in ATTI mode..not sure?
Atti mode don't drain the battery more I think it's your battery I would do a hover test on a full batt and time it then I'll do one and will see

hover test 20min 18sec
Question about Atti mode. Never tried it before. I'm really good flying Manuel with just about anything. Can I turn it to Atti mode and fly at any given time to see what it's like and switch back to P mode ?

Hello guys, a few days ago i have tried to break phantom 3 professional long range distance record. Here is results, have fun and feel free to ask any questions.

7209 METERS - 4.47 MILES - 23 651 FEET

PS: This video is recorded in a safe place no humans and animals harmed while recording it. I know my
responsibilitys please be careful while doing something like this. These products are not toy. They can cause serious accidents.

Reactions: Rohanm
Flew the bird last weekend in ideal conditions (cloudy no wind) in an isolated area along the coast. This is the furthest I can go with the P3P stock no mods...so I will be doing a battery mod very soon. cheers!
SAM_0444.JPG

Reactions: infinite
When I first read this thread I was amazed at the distance people are flying....I keep my close to home as I'm using it primarily as a flying tripod for still photography. I was interested to see how far 4.47 miles is from where I live, and I use this website that allows you to view on google maps any distance in a straight line, and thought others might find it fun as well to see where you would get to if you flew 4.47 miles from home....
http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-distance-calculator.htm

I know this is old, but I just found the post. Very awesome, Thank you

And chemist drones delivering drugs, and MacDonalds drones delivering burgers, and Amazon drones delivering parcels, and CNN drones gathering news, and before you know it...... chaos.
You said it Walter!

When I first read this thread I was amazed at the distance people are flying....I keep my close to home as I'm using it primarily as a flying tripod for still photography. I was interested to see how far 4.47 miles is from where I live, and I use this website that allows you to view on google maps any distance in a straight line, and thought others might find it fun as well to see where you would get to if you flew 4.47 miles from home....
http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-distance-calculator.htm
That's very useful! Thanks

yep old thread..one question for us long range junkies, carbon fibre props are they a lot better than
standard props...maybe johnny drones can answer??? fly safe guys!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4