Whats the best tablet for a P4 Pro?

Reaction score
Just wondering what everybody is using as far as a tablet goes and what kind of tablet requirements are needed for optimum flying?

Thanks for the input!

I recommend iPad mini 4 because the mini 2 and 3 will overheat in ambient temps over 90F. I recommend iOS because it's apparent the iOS software team at DJI is a superior to the Android software team, given the numbers of updates that have come out for P4P. Seems the iOS team is larger.

Reactions: AnchorageAk
Our preferred tablet of choice is the iPad Air 2. iPad Pro (9.7") is also a great tablet but just a bit more pricey (reasonably justifiable if you have other specific uses that require the processing power). iPad Air 2 is perfectly sufficient.

Last edited:
Reactions: MedicFL1
I recommend iPad mini 4 because the mini 2 and 3 will overheat in ambient temps over 90F. I recommend iOS because it's apparent the iOS software team at DJI is a superior to the Android software team, given the numbers of updates that have come out for P4P. Seems the iOS team is larger.

But with the P4P+ using an android device, we may see that change.

I use a Samsung S2 tablet with no issues at all

Reactions: azgeek
Phil2 and CleethorpesKid, did you have to change any settings for the micro usb input on your Samsungs to get it to work? Do you have the 8" or the 9.7", and does it have the latest Samsung updates? Sorry for all the questions, but I had read about Samsung Tab S2 issues. I'm running the Pro+ with the built in screen, but am considering an xtra P4P controller to use my Samsung S2 for bigger screen and other software options. Thanks in advance.

Just wondering what everybody is using as far as a tablet goes and what kind of tablet requirements are needed for optimum flying?

Thanks for the input!

I changed from several android tablets and phones to a Ipad Mini 4. The Ipad Mini 4 works best with the P4P in my experience.

Choice of Android or iOS has mostly to do with what ecosystem you're already in, but FWIW I use a Nexus 7 2nd Gen and it works very well (for both DJI GO 4 and Litchi.) Either this or the Nvidia Shield K1 have been well tested by users and should provide flawless Android performance at a great price. Most of the reported problems regarding Android tablets seem to involve the Samsung models, although I'm not sure why.

Last edited:
SAMSUNG Tab S 10,5".

Its not the fastest, but has enough performance to handle GO4 and Litchi properly.

I recently found out it has some of the highest brightness (540nits) and anti reflection specs of any tablet screen. It's a gorgeous 2560x1600 super amoled.

With 10.5" it's quite a bit bigger than 9.x" screens like iPad or TabS2, while not being much heavier at all. Also it's 16:9, just like the transmitted feed = better fit than 4:3 tables which letter box = much bigger visible feed.

You will need the 3D printed extension, otherwise it won't fit into remote bracket. I haven't found sun visor for it yet, the DJI original is too small.

It also has microSD slot, so you can review full res clips immediately after landing (H.264 only of course). Used they run under 300€.

So all in all I would recommend it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
SAMSUNG Tab S 10,5".

Its not the fastest, but has enough performance to handle GO4 and Litchi properly.

I recently found out it has some of the highest brightness (540nits) and anti reflection specs of any tablet screen. It's a gorgeous 2560x1600 super amoled.

With 10.5" it's quite a bit bigger than 9.x" screens like iPad or TabS2, while not being much heavier at all. Also it's 16:9, just like the transmitted feed = better fit than 4:3 tables which letter box = much bigger visible feed.

You will need the 3D printed extension, otherwise it won't fit into remote bracket. I haven't found sun visor for it yet, the DJI original is too small.

It also has microSD slot, so you can review full res clips immediately after landing (H.264 only of course). Used they run under 300€.

So all in all I would recommend it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was using the Samsung Tab A 8" but found it would lose transmission too often. If it did'nt lose transmission then the screen would get "jittery". Switching to the Nvidia Sheild K1 and using the GO 4 app stopped all that.

Phil2 and CleethorpesKid, did you have to change any settings for the micro usb input on your Samsungs to get it to work? Do you have the 8" or the 9.7", and does it have the latest Samsung updates? Sorry for all the questions, but I had read about Samsung Tab S2 issues. I'm running the Pro+ with the built in screen, but am considering an xtra P4P controller to use my Samsung S2 for bigger screen and other software options. Thanks in advance.
Nvidia Shield K1 records your screen. In settings click "share" and you can records your flight screen in real time.

Phantom 4. Range Extenders [passive] Polar Pro Acces. kit and Bower special effects lenses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan