What are your favourite P4P accessories??

Reaction score
ive had my p4p just over a year now, love it to bits. but just wondering what all your favourite accessories are for it? I recently purchased a PolarPro Dronetrekker Backpack which is awesome, but I have a lot of empty space for stuff! I have 2 batteries, ND filters all the basic stuff! just want something a bit more exciting that wont break the bank!

7ecb0408d62c5f5c67dea1149b3b95f3.jpg

With out a doubt the Phantom Rain Wet Suit to fly in extreme weather conditions and the light bar that provides a nice orientation guide at night. This was a game changer for the Phantom 4 series. Just taking the stress our of flying in the rain and extreme cold was fantastic for many
Approved Vendor: Phantomrain.org

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 2.16.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 7.29.10 PM.png

Reactions: Nesher
With out a doubt the Phantom Rain Wet Suit to fly in extreme weather conditions and the light bar that provides a nice orientation guide at night. This was a game changer for the Phantom 4 series. Just taking the stress our of flying in the rain and extreme cold was fantastic for many
Approved Vendor: Phantomrain.org

View attachment 94628

View attachment 94631
no way does this work! I dont think I could ever trust this!

no way does this work! I dont think I could ever trust this!

Yes it works beautifully, There are quite a few benefits but the best one being that the Wet Suit keeps the water out of the drone and so if you get caught in a storm going in or coming out you can fly right thru it with confidence and not have to worry about the water inside of it.
We have tested it out on almost every type of weather. The results are very good. Here are some of the adventures we had just last month, as the full videos are on are website: phantomrain.org.

Besides keeping out the rain, , the other feature is that it seals the battery so its much harder for the cold air to whip in and cause the battery to freeze allowing you to fly in below zero temps with much more confidence .
Thanks for the interest
Approved Vendor , Phantomrain.org

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes it works beautifully, There are quite a few benefits but the best one being that the Wet Suit keeps the water out of the drone and so if you get caught in a storm going in or coming out you can fly right thru it with confidence and not have to worry about the water inside of it.
We have tested it out on almost every type of weather. The results are very good. Here are some of the adventures we had just last month, as the full videos are on are website: phantomrain.org.

Besides keeping out the rain, , the other feature is that it seals the battery so its much harder for the cold air to whip in and cause the battery to freeze allowing you to fly in below zero temps with much more confidence .
Thanks for the interest
Approved Vendor , Phantomrain.org

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I dunno this looks like a skin to me it doesn’t really cover anything that’s already not sealed , my guess would be the most important area to keep dry but you can’t is the motors so why even bother adding ny xtra weight .

Really hard to see in that picture so check these pictures out. You will see that a lot of detail went into making the Phantom 4 series of drones completely and all weather drone and it weighs only 3.5 ounces. Over a 1000 units sold as it was a game changer for many who make money with there drone.

Notice that every single facet of the Drone that has a potential for water or extreme cold is protected.
The Gimbal ring, The Surge mask, The motors covers, the Bi level vent system, the battery seal. the prop seals.. the leg seals, the attnena seals.
the HD ports and the charging port. They are all sealed.

We dare you to do post a video of your drone in the pouring rain for just 5 minutes without a Wet Suit , Yeah the Wet Suit , it was designed to negotiate water by not letting water in the drone and that is what are videos are all about.

We have posted many videos on Phantomrain.org to show just how well it works and how it can ease the stress of any flight.
As you might have guessed we put a lot of Love into being able to fly the phantom in extreme conditions and for many that was a game changer for the phantom 4.

Approved Vendor. Phantomrain.org We are always here to answer any questions and waiting for the next serious storm to come by so we can fly.
Rather than guess , check out the Phantomrain.org its a fun site.

Discover 5 other things that the Wet Suit does for your drone that has nothing to do with water.

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 7.29.10 PM.png

In this order:
1. Windsurfer
2. IPad AIR 2
3. Think Tank Helipak
4. SD card holder. Water proof, holds 12 cards.
5. DJI 3 battery charge/discharge cradle
6. Folding lawn chair to fly from.
7. Marco polo tracker
8. Umbrella hat, for shade
9. RC harness, for hand launch

Reactions: taylorallbut
Just picked it up..haven’t tried it yet, but looked like fun
The idea of this sounds exciting but I’m concerned at that price that after lifting & dropping a couple of things that it will stay in the cupboard. Can anyone list fun or useful things to drop other than fishing and dog-fetch-ball dropping please?

PhantomWetsuits - I don't know if you've ever had an issue with the BAR LIGHT you have on the front of your bird. I used that one evening, flew off and got about half a mile away. My P4P kept braking and refused to go forward... it took me forever to get back.... Battery was at 75% and I was half a mile out.. However it would not desend...... it was 250' up and refused to lose altitude. I was in panic mode and couldn't think through it. I watched the battery drop .....went from "Low Battery Warning"... to "Landing" , by the time I got it over me. It was slowly coming down. Clearly there was not enough battery to have it land, it was to high, so I thought to myself.. "hit the RTH button it should come down from there"... as I pressed it I realized that I was wrong.... it shot straight up to 250' ....and would not come down.... yet again....slowly it started coming down. I accepted that it was going to crash and there was nothing I could do. Suddenly it started came down pretty dam fast, propellers still fighting... and hit square on the ground and bounced up in the air. By then I was right next to it and grabbed it, by the landing leg, in the air as the motors completely stopped..... 5 ' in the air. I realized what was happening and wanted to share it with you and others. That light bar was being picked up by the sensors.. so at some point it wouldn't let me go forward... finally I could go forward...then they apparently slid down to the bottom front. The sensors were doing their job. They kept sending me alarms "Hey dummy something's under here" but I was to new to understand. All I really needed to do was turn the sensors off and land like I always do. So, lessons learned and thought I'd share it with you all. (even the Police arrived and said they had been following it from far away... they had no idea what it was. Glad I knew them. We all had a good laugh and I learned a lot that evening !!!

Reactions: taylorallbut
I thought to myself.. "hit the RTH button it should come down from there"... as I pressed it I realized that I was wrong.... it shot straight up to 250' ....and would not come down.
You should become more familiar with RTH so you know how it works. Test it in an open field. Learn how the enable RTH and disable it. Learn what controls work during RTH. Learn about the 65' limit, very important. Read the manual cover to cover. When done, read it again. When at home, turn on the drone without props and go through every menu item in the Go4 app for settings and learn what each setting does. Memorize where all the settings are. This will pay off in the long run if you spend the time learning the craft and app capabilities to prevent panic and crash scenarios.

PhantomWetsuits - I don't know if you've ever had an issue with the BAR LIGHT you have on the front of your bird. I used that one evening, flew off and got about half a mile away. My P4P kept braking and refused to go forward... it took me forever to get back.... Battery was at 75% and I was half a mile out.. However it would not desend...... it was 250' up and refused to lose altitude. I was in panic mode and couldn't think through it. I watched the battery drop .....went from "Low Battery Warning"... to "Landing" , by the time I got it over me. It was slowly coming down. Clearly there was not enough battery to have it land, it was to high, so I thought to myself.. "hit the RTH button it should come down from there"... as I pressed it I realized that I was wrong.... it shot straight up to 250' ....and would not come down.... yet again....slowly it started coming down. I accepted that it was going to crash and there was nothing I could do. Suddenly it started came down pretty dam fast, propellers still fighting... and hit square on the ground and bounced up in the air. By then I was right next to it and grabbed it, by the landing leg, in the air as the motors completely stopped..... 5 ' in the air. I realized what was happening and wanted to share it with you and others. That light bar was being picked up by the sensors.. so at some point it wouldn't let me go forward... finally I could go forward...then they apparently slid down to the bottom front. The sensors were doing their job. They kept sending me alarms "Hey dummy something's under here" but I was to new to understand. All I really needed to do was turn the sensors off and land like I always do. So, lessons learned and thought I'd share it with you all. (even the Police arrived and said they had been following it from far away... they had no idea what it was. Glad I knew them. We all had a good laugh and I learned a lot that evening !!!

Had to read this a couple time to get a handle on it. : That was not the Light bar that caused that, it is just not possible that the bar slid up over the sensors, the bar snaps in on those legs and cannot be moved up that high, nor would the light be able to affect the drone like that.

So here is what I think might have happened to you. Being that you were a half mile out , it is a good chance that your orientation was off on the drone, not being able to see if it was flying at you or away from you, it is very tricky to see if it is moving at all. Again being able to see if the drone was breaking is also very suspect, Not being able to lose Altitude would have nothing to do with the front sensors at all. The alarms that were going off were your sensors telling you that they were no longer working in the Dark and not that something was under you. Panic Panic and of course when you hit the RTH , the drone did exactly what it was suppose to do and raised to the 250 ft. You were NEW and all of us have been in panic mode.

I think others would agree with me on this, as so many of your issues had nothing to do with the light bar, not a single one of them.

Orientation is really critical that is what the light bar really helps you with at night , and or course the Phantom Rain Wet Suit also helps as it provides a nice two tone contrast in the sky.
Using the arrow compass is ok, but I sometimes forget to check it and so for me visual is key.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers