USD$1,499 May Be Misleading (if you want new RC)

Reaction score
Just so everyone is aware, the USD$1,499.00 price of the P4P does NOT include the new controller with integrated display. That'll up your cost to $1,799.00.

uChJNne.png

Reactions: liketogethigh
Yeah, that threw me off for a minute, I purchased it a few hours after the announcement. I don't need the android display and would rather have the option for a larger tablet anyway.

Reactions: Lefty63
We Europeans are doomed...
45e26624fb9e240814be7accf4202ff3.jpg
Wow! €1,699.00 is over $1,800.00 (USD)!! With integrated display, that's over $2,100.00 (USD)!! :eek:

So if you get just the normal RC you can still use a tablet like always?

Also, what are the big advantages to getting the built in screen other than it is supposedly much brighter than normal tablets and able to be seen better in sunlight? I was curious if I could use the litchi software with the screen or will that only have preinstalled DJI go software and nothing else.

So if you get just the normal RC you can still use a tablet like always?

Also, what are the big advantages to getting the built in screen other than it is supposedly much brighter than normal tablets and able to be seen better in sunlight? I was curious if I could use the litchi software with the screen or will that only have preinstalled DJI go software and nothing else.
I suppose another advantage would be a closed system (no compatibility issues with other apps or OS versions). It would be easier to keep all software/firmware versions in sync. e.g. RC firmware, AC firmware, GO app software, battery firmware, etc.

From what I am reading if you get the built in screen you will not be able to run third party apps.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Waiting on Adorama to decide if they will take back my un-opened parrot disco and apply that money towards the p4 pro with out the built in controller. My nvidia shield is pretty decent and lets me play fallout. =)

But the ability to have no wires, everything charged by one charger and no cable from display to RC.
All pluses except the size of screen.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Keep in mind that your Tx battery will now be powering your tablet/monitor so you may need to take that into consideration as well.

Reactions: DrillRX and msinger
It also comes down to price for me. I can justify the $1,499. Not the $1,799. I just dropped $200 on the Nvidia Shield.

Just so everyone is aware, the USD$1,499.00 price of the P4P does NOT include the new controller with integrated display. That'll up your cost to $1,799.00.

uChJNne.png
and by the looks of it the screen has an Android OS. Personally I prefer the reliability of iOS as presumably one will be upgrading the RC & Screen firmware on the new RC with (maybe) 3rd party apps? Since I use Litchie, part of my workflow, the new RC would (as of this moment, updates may change this) wouldn't be useful. The big thing here is the mechanical shutter, 1" Sensor, Adjustable Iris and ISO. The extended range and battery life? hmmm Lets see!

Reactions: Lefty63
does anybody think that the remote with the screen will become available separately and work with P4?

The P4P RC is not compatible with the P4.

That EXTRA $300.00 isn't worth the money. Considering it is only a 5 inch display. If it were a 7 inch like my Typhoon H, would be a different story! I like using my Large IPAD to my current P4.

It is also good to know the batteries are compatible between the 2 Aircraft P4 and P4P, THANK YOU DJI for not making us buy another battery. Now, the older P4 battery is slightly less in the MAH department 5350mah, vs. 5850 for the new P4P. So you won't get that longer flight time!

Major advantages to purchasing the R/C with integrated display... (theoretically)
  1. Screen brightness - this is a bright display (but is a major trade-off in size if you're used to a near-10" display tablet)
  2. Not messing around with wires - less set-up
  3. And this may a big one, but low latency video feed with less hiccups. Only time will tell if this provides a better flight experience.
I'll be purchasing the standard R/C. I simply cannot revert back to a small screen for professional shooting.

Reactions: jephoto

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31