USD$1,499 May Be Misleading (if you want new RC)

No it is not 1499 regular controller--+ 599 for controller with screen=2098 for both----

1799 + 319 for standard controller = 2118

So if you want the ability to use the device of your choice it's cheaper to get the regular controller and if you later decide to get the remote with screen/HDMI etc you actually save money or wait for the release of the Crystalsky monitors which you can use with the regular controller

Jack

But the $1499 version has no HDMI out, so if you want that on both controllers the final cost of buying the $1499 one comes out to $2198 and the other way (paying $1799 up front) saves you $80 (enough for half a battery).

Reactions: GadgetGuy
No it is not 1499 regular controller--+ 599 for controller with screen=2098 for both----

1799 + 319 for standard controller = 2118

So if you want the ability to use the device of your choice it's cheaper to get the regular controller and if you later decide to get the remote with screen/HDMI etc you actually save money or wait for the release of the Crystalsky monitors which you can use with the regular controller

Jack
The $20 you are saving that way pales in comparison to the $300 saved by not having to initially buy the P4P with a controller without a screen that you won't be using. If you later decide you want to use your own tablet, it's only $20 more than doing the reverse.

Your tablet picks up the trickle and registers that as charging.
But the controller doesn't supply enough current to charge anything.
Thanks for clarifying that. I know my iPadPro is not charged by my attached GL300A! It slowly depletes over time, while attached, even if not used, and requires topping off independently with it's own Apple charger.

Last edited:
But the $1499 version has no HDMI out, so if you want that on both controllers the final cost of buying the $1499 one comes out to $2198 and the other way (paying $1799 up front) saves you $80 (enough for half a battery).
Good point! The built in screen also has GPS, so with a Wifi only iPad Mini or larger, you also have the expense of adding $100+ for an external BT GPS for to use certain features that require it, so that saves you a combined $180 minimum. :cool:

At $1499 do you get a standard remote?
I couldn't live with that small screen

At $1499 do you get a standard remote?
I couldn't live with that small screen
A bigger screen that you cannot see in sunlight without a black cloth over your head, or a giant hood, is not of much use either. Just sayin'. :cool:

Yeah, that threw me off for a minute, I purchased it a few hours after the announcement. I don't need the android display and would rather have the option for a larger tablet anyway.

It should be compatible with HDMI displays anyway. And with DJI goggles too. Or not?

No idea of the brand but this is them
3x Clear/Matte Screen Protector Film For Samsung Tab 2 3 4 S A Note 10.1 8.0 7.0 | eBay
Cost me $3.98 AUD for 3 to fit my Tab A
The reflections are not the main problem. It is the brightness of the screen which is not bright enough to overcome sunlight. Anything which reduces reflections reduces the brightness, too, using some form of polarization, just like sunglasses, which actually makes it worse. The DJI screen is 1000 nits which is twice as bright as the brightest iPadPro.

My Tab A set on max brightness works fine.
Set on auto it's useless
It's actually a matte protector so I get to see the app and not my face
Fine v. Stellar, and I'll take stellar every time. :cool: Tab A is a mere 540 cd/m2.

"A 5.5in 1080p screen integrated with the Phantom 4 Pro+ offers 1000 cd/m2 of brightness, more than twice as bright as conventional smart devices. It makes bright, vivid colors easily visible in direct sunlight."

The scale is also not linear. 1000 is more than 2x brighter than 500.

Be that as it may I'll stick with what suits me.
The built in screen is also why I wouldn't consider a Mavic
Each to their own, I say! :cool:
On the Mavic, however the built in screen on the controller supplements the iPad Mini or phone used for the DJI Go display attached to it (you could even use your Tab A). The black and white built-in Mavic controller screen is also specifically designed for ease of readability in sunlight.

Your tablet picks up the trickle and registers that as charging.
But the controller doesn't supply enough current to charge anything.

That's a negative ghost rider.

IOS products tell you when they are not charging when this happens. Normally you would have a battery percentage shown in the upper right hand corner of the screen. If it wasn't charging a "not charging" notice would appear in the same place if it was plugged in but not receiving any amperage to charge.

Here are some pictures to demonstrate the charging ability of the P4 controller.

Two of them are the iPad pro, which has a VERY large battery. Plugged into the P4 controller only, you can see over a period of twelve minutes it charges 2%. The other two are with my iPhone 6 plus which still has a large battery, but you can see it to charges several % over the course of twelve minutes. Which is about the same as the iPad, although I was using my iPhone while it was plugged into the controller.

Isn't it fun when we learn something new!

Attachments

• IMG_4328.JPG
    IMG_4328.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 266
  • IMG_4330.JPG
    IMG_4330.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 281
  • IMG_4331.JPG
    IMG_4331.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 330
  • IMG_4332.PNG
    IMG_4332.PNG