USD$1,499 May Be Misleading (if you want new RC)

They are equal.
What about the controller can I still use the p3p or p4 controller ? I understand P3P and P4 are fully compatible what about the P4P
will the P3P controller work with the P4P , I got 2 extra controllers modded and it would be cool to use either one when needed...

But the ability to have no wires, everything charged by one charger and no cable from display to RC.
All pluses except the size of screen.
Aren't "ability to have no wires" and "no cable from display to RC" the same thing? ;)

Reactions: Jason Porembski
In regards to the built in screen...
Just remember.. if you drop the remote and the built in screen goes crack... PITA to change screen.
Just remember.. if the screen warranty fails, the whole remote is going back to DJI. No fly for you.
Just remember.. there is no sim card tray, which means you will need to pre-cache maps or hot spot your phone.
And finally.. does it fit in the existing DJI P4 bag???

In regards to the built in screen...
Just remember.. if you drop the remote and the built in screen goes crack... PITA to change screen.
Just remember.. if the screen warranty fails, the whole remote is going back to DJI. No fly for you.
Just remember.. there is no sim card tray, which means you will need to pre-cache maps or hot spot your phone.
And finally.. does it fit in the existing DJI P4 bag???
It should fit. The width of the screen is narrower than the controller width, and the screen fits in the same plane as the current tablet mount, when folded down. Most P4 cases/backpacks/bags have the transmitter inserted sideways, so it will take up the same space.

I was going to get r/c with display, but my iphone 6 plus is exactly 5.5 ", I have Ipad mini 4 , and Ipad Pro 9.7 i fly with.

I like a big screen and option of apps. You can always by the controller seperately later for 599.99, BH has it listed.

Biggest advantage is the 1000cd/m display. I wonder if it's non-glare to ?

Ipad's / Iphones are about 500 cd/m

US$, € count yourself lucky if you are inside the UK and have to pay in Rip-Off UK £Sterling!!

These conversion prices should cheer you all up. (Outside the UK Sterling region anyway.):fearscream:
Phantom Pro.jpg Phantom 4Plus.jpg

Time to start believing in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.
It looks like they have pullled the P3/4k. I got mine just in time I think. Put it up in the loft as an heirloom and get a Mavic to play with ... maybe. :sunglasses:

Attachments

• Phantom 4Plus.jpg
    Phantom 4Plus.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 364
  • Phantom Pro.jpg
    Phantom Pro.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 325
I was going to get r/c with display, but my iphone 6 plus is exactly 5.5 ", I have Ipad mini 4 , and Ipad Pro 9.7 i fly with.

I like a big screen and option of apps. You can always by the controller seperately later for 599.99, BH has it listed.

Biggest advantage is the 1000cd/m display. I wonder if it's non-glare to ?

Ipad's / Iphones are about 500 cd/m
If you are considering it, it's definitely better to buy the controller with the screen built-in from the start, as it's $300 cheaper than buying it without, and then spending an additional $600 later for a second controller which has it built-in.

Keep in mind that your Tx battery will now be powering your tablet/monitor so you may need to take that into consideration as well.

The P4 TX powers / charges the tablet as well. At least it does on iOS products.

The P4 RX powers / charges the tablet as well. At least it does on iOS products.

I did not know that it powered the tablet as well. That's not the case with P3 aircraft but I'll be sure to remember this if I give future P4 advice.

It's the Tx though the Rx is in the aircraft.

Thanks for the info [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DrillRX
I have a Tab A - no probs

Same here, no issues with tab a running. Maybe you have too many other apps running on yours.

The thing that gets me is it seems there is a 2 month gap from order to ship. Who wants to order a drone and wait 2 months?

Waiting on Adorama to decide if they will take back my un-opened parrot disco and apply that money towards the p4 pro with out the built in controller. My nvidia shield is pretty decent and lets me play fallout. =)

Toddf are you in the UK? If you are you have the protection of the Distance Selling Regulations. If you buy online you have 14 days to return the goods. If you live in the USA you were born in the wrong place ;)

Hope this helps.

FrankC

Toddf are you in the UK? If you are you have the protection of the Distance Selling Regulations. If you buy online you have 14 days to return the goods. If you live in the USA you were born in the wrong place ;)

Hope this helps.

FrankC

Update. You are in the USA. In that case the shop says about returns :-

Free Expedited Shipping
On thousands of products!

Easy Extended Returns
For your added confidence, during the Holiday shopping season, all items purchased between Nov. 14th and Dec. 25th, 2016 will have an extended time period for returns & exchanges. We will accept returns for those items through Feb. 1, 2017. All other return conditions still apply.

So it looks like you can return/exchange.

If you are considering it, it's definitely better to buy the controller with the screen built-in from the start, as it's $300 cheaper than buying it without, and then spending an additional $600 later for a second controller which has it built-in.

No it is not 1499 regular controller--+ 599 for controller with screen=2098 for both----

1799 + 319 for standard controller = 2118

So if you want the ability to use the device of your choice it's cheaper to get the regular controller and if you later decide to get the remote with screen/HDMI etc you actually save money or wait for the release of the Crystalsky monitors which you can use with the regular controller

Jack

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl