Upgraded my P3A camera to 4K

It is adjustable on the Professional. If it is set to automatic then the bitrate will go down from 10mbit to 2mbit gradually as your signal quality lowers due to distance or other factors.

Or you can in manual mode set it to 2mbit.

Range is no different between the two models only the quality of the video that is displayed on your device.

I am sorry but this is not correct. You cannot set the P3P to 2 Mbps. You can only set it between 4 and 10 Mbps. Moreover, there is no dynamic bandwidth adaptation when you fly further or when signal quality lowers. It just cuts out - try it. Download a recorded movie from your tablet (not from the SD) and open it on the computer: you will see the bitrate is fixed and does not change. That is also why DJI Go shows an estimated distance next to every bitrate.
The P3A is hardware set at 2 Mbps. See this huge thread about it Blurry Pixelation in outdoor settings with Phantom 3 Advanced - RC Groups

I wonder if the new Phantom 3 4k still has the DSP chip in it as i want to buy one and swap with my P3A Camera.

I wonder if the new Phantom 3 4k still has the DSP chip in it as i want to buy one and swap with my P3A Camera.

The DSP chip is on the camera board, not on the P3 board. So if P3 4K use same P3Pro camera, then it has the TI DSP.

The P3A is hardware set at 2 Mbps. See this huge thread about it Blurry Pixelation in outdoor settings with Phantom 3 Advanced - RC Groups

I don't think it is hardware preset at 2mbps on the P3A. The camera chip has too heavy job to do and encoder is capable of limited speed for live video. The trasmission bandwidth can reach a max of 10mbps also on P3A, but the quality of video is poor due to LV encoding algorithm quality. On P3A use HD video and not 2.7k for good overall performances.

I don't think it is hardware preset at 2mbps on the P3A. The camera chip has too heavy job to do and encoder is capable of limited speed for live video. The trasmission bandwidth can reach a max of 10mbps also on P3A, but the quality of video is poor due to LV encoding algorithm quality. On P3A use HD video and not 2.7k for good overall performances.
Well, tests of downloaded videos from the tablet have shown that it is always encoding at 2 Mbps for the live video, independently from the SD recording setting. AFAIK the SD recording setting has nothing to do with the Lightbridge transmission and encoding.

Well, tests of downloaded videos from the tablet have shown that it is always encoding at 2 Mbps for the live video, independently from the SD recording setting. AFAIK the SD recording setting has nothing to do with the Lightbridge transmission and encoding.
SD recording DOES affect live video. Stream chunks sent to lightbridge are prepared by Ambarella chip, so it does affect live video.
Try HD 30fps, and manually set to 4mbps, you'll see a bit of difference.
What I'm trying to explain is that bandwidth doesn't mean quality, but only a potential quality. I can assure that 720p video can sport good quality video on a 2Mbps. Do you know that Youtube encode your 720p video at 1.5Mbps?

SD recording DOES affect live video. Stream chunks sent to lightbridge are prepared by Ambarella chip, so it does affect live video.
Try HD 30fps, and manually set to 4mbps, you'll see a bit of difference.
What I'm trying to explain is that bandwidth doesn't mean quality, but only a potential quality. I can assure that 720p video can sport good quality video on a 2Mbps. Do you know that Youtube encode your 720p video at 1.5Mbps?

I thought that on the P3A that you cannot change the video quality to anything higher than 2Mbps, so I don't think it's possible to change the setting to 4Mbps.

I thought that on the P3A that you cannot change the video quality to anything higher than 2Mbps, so I don't think it's possible to change the setting to 4Mbps.
The topic of this thread is replacing the stock P3A camera w/ the Pro version.

You can set it on the P3A in DJI Go to 4 Mbps, but it won't work - it'll stay at 2 Mbps. It'll appear to have worked, but it doesn't, if you check the video.

This is a nice thread great heads up. Anyone with a p3a should be on the lookout for a crashed p3p with good camera. If found cheap way to upgrade to pro.

The only thing left to figure out is, after upgrading the P3A to the P3P camera, and flashing the P3P firmware, will the gimbal fan operate correctly?

My experience with my p3p is I have not seen the fan move yet. It is cold here and I just got it so I have a suspicion it only spools when chips go above preset temp.

How odd, I have multiple P3Ps and the fan is on all the time.

Odd I will double check perhaps it only turns on when props are spinning or when recording which are two conditions I have not looked at it. Hard to get close enough to see it when props are spinning.

I clearly hear a small fan continuously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20