Upgraded my P3A camera to 4K

Reaction score
Found a broken P3P from local Craigslist for cheap. This kid just had it for 3 days and already crashed it. Drone was broken but camera and gimbal were still in good shape. Had to clean it up a bit and replaced the back plate of the gimbal. Swapped out the 4K camera and I am in the process of upgrading the firmware on my P3A to P3P firmware. Will report back after a test flight.

VrCsd2u.jpg

just tested it and it flew flawlessly. In the camera setting option, I can now see the options for 4K video quality. Did a few recording while in the air and it looks good on my PC. The upgrade was a success and my drone now is considered a P3P.

That's really good to know. I'm curious if you can see any difference in 1080P recording quality between the A and P version, given the difference in bit rate. Someone said that may have been resolved in firmware, but I find that hard to believe. I don't remember seeing a DJI announcement that stated the bit rate was improved on the Advanced, so I'm wondering if you can tell any difference.

Yea... could you possibly share an "auto saved video" from the Go app?

Or just check the bitrate yourself?

Be curious to see how it compares to a "native" P3P.

just tested it and it flew flawlessly. In the camera setting option, I can now see the options for 4K video quality. Did a few recording while in the air and it looks good on my PC. The upgrade was a success and my drone now is considered a P3P.
The camera may be the same but the Lightbridge is still limited vs. the Pro. Still a nice deal for you. ;)

The camera may be the same but the Lightbridge is still limited vs. the Pro. Still a nice deal for you. ;)

what do you mean? I thought the only difference between the Advance and Pro is the physical camera hardware. Would you elaborate? My Lightbridge is functioning fine without any issues.

Found a broken P3P from local Craigslist for cheap. This kid just had it for 3 days and already crashed it. Drone was broken but camera and gimbal were still in good shape. Had to clean it up a bit and replaced the back plate of the gimbal. Swapped out the 4K camera and I am in the process of upgrading the firmware on my P3A to P3P firmware. Will report back after a test flight.

VrCsd2u.jpg
What if you revert back the camera to P3A but keep the same FW? :) Will it work as P3P even for short time?

Reactions: StevenQX
Thanks for adding this. I'm assuming you mean the downlink bit rate difference between the P3A and the P3P. Correct? I have been wondering if that difference is due to something in the camera or something in the LB. Would changing the LB/VPS module complete the transition?

Reactions: ParsnipHysorter
This was figured out multiple times already the Gimbal holds the DSP that makes the Pro 10mbps. The Lightbridge Unit can handle whatever the Camera unit is capable of

Reactions: fastsmiles
This was figured out multiple times already the Gimbal holds the DSP that makes the Pro 10mbps. The Lightbridge Unit can handle whatever the Camera unit is capable of

And this is why the pro has a fan and the adv does not on the gimbal.

847guy ... It does show it in the app but if you look at your cached info you will see that no matter the setting in app ... The bird only ever can do 2mbps

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Oso
Did the P3A ever transmit live video higher than 2Mbps?

*ice* Can you pull a cached video off of your iPad and see if the video bitrate is higher than 2000Mbps?

Reactions: did3d
No Tony, as far as I know it has always been limited to 2

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Lower bitrate = more range. So can the P3A fly further?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe a little but I'm guessing negligible

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is adjustable on the Professional. If it is set to automatic then the bitrate will go down from 10mbit to 2mbit gradually as your signal quality lowers due to distance or other factors.

Or you can in manual mode set it to 2mbit.

Range is no different between the two models only the quality of the video that is displayed on your device.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic