Tablet debate (Samsung Tab E v Apple Ipad Mini 2)

The key is to get an iPad that is cellular compatible. They all come with a sim card. It just doesn't have to be activated.
The iPad wifi only does not have a slot for a card nor does it have GPS. $2 part that Apple marks up to $100. In should be native to all the hardware IMO.

If I remember right this was correct for the ipad mini 2 (it needing to be cell compatible in order to have gps), but no longer true for the ipad mini 4.

Heii guys i have a Ipad Mini 4 LTE is a good one for P4P?

Another one i have is the Tab 4 LTE and work fine....

Everybody is mention the Ipad mini 2 this is better of the mini 4?

Last edited:
Im an android fan, i hear apple are more stable but silly money just to fly my P4p!!

I had my tab 9.7 s2 working a few times & it was awsome & worked perfectly - but taking 20+ times for it to connect is not good i tried everything!!
Tried my wifes tab s, kids tab 2 - both worked but pixel interferance on the video was horrible!

So currently brought the nvidia shield K1 and although smaller it is fantastic, no issues, perfectly stable running marshmellow and not a single missing pixel or interferance. It has gps & best of all it less than half the cost of the cheapest apple i thing & out performs it twice over! Crnt justify a ipro 9.7 just for a screen on my P4p lol.

I hope android 7 and/or Dji fix the samsung issue soon!!

If you don't have an iPad with a cellular connection you can't reset your home point if you decide to move (follow me mode) which could be a problem if you loose connection and it takes off back to where you were. I bought a Samsung Tab A 7" (its the perfect size) because it has a different gps system than the Assisted GPS on the wifi only iPad. I've had no problems in regards the android tablet being glitchy or anything like that.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I own both of these devices. They are still working well in the latest version of DJI GO 4.

I doubt it.

This is bad advice. The iPad Mini 3 has the same processor as the iPad Mini 2. The only benefit to the iPad Mini 3 (if it's even a benefit to you) is that it has a thumbprint reader.
Msinger quick question regarding your nexus. Is it the cellular LTE version or is it WiFi only?

Was about to purchase a nexus 2013 till I browsed upon an Nexus LTE 2013 - for maps to work will I need the LTE version?

Sent from my M20Pro using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mine is Wi-Fi only.

I can't speak to any of the apple products, but one thing I would personally make sure any device I was using had, would be a magnetometer , or compass. If you do not have a compass, you always need to stand facing north for the AC direction to be acurate?

Unless someone can clear me up on this?

I can't speak to any of the apple products, but one thing I would personally make sure any device I was using had, would be a magnetometer , or compass. If you do not have a compass, you always need to stand facing north for the AC direction to be acurate?

Unless someone can clear me up on this?
A magnetometer isn't a compass but can be used to create one and your point is very valid- knowing where your AC is with respect to your orientation is very helpful, especially for making sure you have the antennas pointed at it.

I'm not sure if any tablets these days don't have a compass, I haven't seen one. I would definitely avoid buying one if they are around.

I have the mini 4 and have never had any problems flying with it (but my P4P+ controller is a slightly different story). I'm not sure why people would say the Mini 2 is better, other than a price point.

I have the k1 shield and the mini 4. The K1 is good, but the mini 4 is better. Less glitches and lag. The mini 4 is cellular ready, so I have GPS. It's expensive, but so is the P4P. I just feel more comfortable (safer) with the mini 4.

Im an android guy but struggling to find a tab that works with my p4p esp using Litchi other than my phone which is a Samsung galaxy note4 edge tablets I tried was tab pro 8.4" and it did not work well using litchi if you used the intelligent flight modes and a lot of pixel breakup. My galaxy 10.1 works well but that's a 10" which is to big and heavy. Preferablly I prefer 7"-8.4".

I have seen lots of recomends on the K1 shield, so ordered one, will have it Monday, let you know what I think.

A magnetometer isn't a compass but can be used to create one and your point is very valid- knowing where your AC is with respect to your orientation is very helpful, especially for making sure you have the antennas pointed at it.

I'm not sure if any tablets these days don't have a compass, I haven't seen one. I would definitely avoid buying one if they are around.
Yes, just added the " compass" for someone who might not know what the magnetometer was. The low end Samsung Tab's do not have a magnetometer (like the Tab A for sure, and I think the Tab E?)

I'll jump in here. For the record I am not an iFan as far as phones. But in regards in tablets I have tried most.

On Android the Samsung never really worked for me. Tried 2 different models and returned both. The NVidia K1 seems to be the most stable for flight, but still suffers from issues if you switch between apps that try to control the USB port. I had my P4 hovering at 12 feet and it wouldn't respond to any input until I rebooted the tablet. Even killing the apps failed. Maybe a root of the K1 is in order. But I think the core issue is USB handling that was introduced in Marshmallow.

On the iSide, I started out with a iPad Mini2 with cellular because I already had one. Seems to be very stable and the only issue I had was it overheating flying in Arizona in the summer. I recently upgraded to the iPad Pro 9.7 for the bigger display. Will see how it performs in the summer time. Also both of my iPads have cellular service.

Yeah, lot of people told me that Dji go app is much more stable on iOS than android.

Althought I don't personnaly like apple product and brand (you pay way to much just for the brand), it's quite fair to say that they still make good products, and the OS is really stable !
They are right. I've been using IOS and tried two devices with Android and returned them both.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20