Two Phantom 3 Professionals, One iPad Mini 3

Reaction score
First off it has been a bit since I chimed in with my previous Phantom 3 Pro problem. As most know I have since received a completely new Drone and Transmitter from DJI and have been flying it as often as I can. I have used for video coverage after flood damage washed out a road which contributed to major damage and loss of life. I appreciate all the help I received here and without this help my drone would not have flown and I would not have been able to help. I will be forever thankful.

Now my question, I have come into possession of the "Twin" to my drone that was purchased at the same time back in California. I only have one iPad Mini 3 to use for this new drone. Like my original it has never been turned on or registered for over 5 or so years. Will I be able to use my iPad Mini 3 to control both drones through DJI Go? I understand I might have to make two separate profiles with different email address which I have done.

What is my best course of action if once I have tried to get it going and it is not being recognized by DJI Go app and I am receiving a critical error flashing red light on the drone?

Thank You

Jon

First off it has been a bit since I chimed in with my previous Phantom 3 Pro problem. As most know I have since received a completely new Drone and Transmitter from DJI and have been flying it as often as I can. I have used for video coverage after flood damage washed out a road which contributed to major damage and loss of life. I appreciate all the help I received here and without this help my drone would not have flown and I would not have been able to help. I will be forever thankful.

Now my question, I have come into possession of the "Twin" to my drone that was purchased at the same time back in California. I only have one iPad Mini 3 to use for this new drone. Like my original it has never been turned on or registered for over 5 or so years. Will I be able to use my iPad Mini 3 to control both drones through DJI Go? I understand I might have to make two separate profiles with different email address which I have done.

What is my best course of action if once I have tried to get it going and it is not being recognized by DJI Go app and I am receiving a critical error flashing red light on the drone?

Thank You

Jon
afaik u can use multiple drones with the same device and same account.
i'd bet a p3p not used for that long will prob not work anymore. prob the batteries bad or the nand memory. maybe it will work if you use the rc youve bin using.
dont update anything b4 u figure more out!

afaik u can use multiple drones with the same device and same account.
i'd bet a p3p not used for that long will prob not work anymore. prob the batteries bad or the nand memory. maybe it will work if you use the rc youve bin using.

Drone battery was dead so I will be using one of my spare batteries with my present working drone. The Transmitter charged with no problem. I do not plan on doing any updating until I get it to be recognized with DJI Go app. That at the moment is the problem, no connection to DJI Go App and no connection from Transmitter to Drone.

Drone battery was dead so I will be using one of my spare batteries with my present working drone. The Transmitter charged with no problem. I do not plan on doing any updating until I get it to be recognized with DJI Go app. That at the moment is the problem, no connection to DJI Go App and no connection from Transmitter to Drone.
maybe its the rc nand then or the rc usb board did u already try to link with ur known good rc as i said b4?

maybe its the rc nand then or the rc usb board did u already try to link with ur known good rc as i said b4?

I will make a go at that option tomorrow and see how it works out.

Switching drones and remotes is as simple as relink to the new one. They are all the same, not matched sets. If they don’t link, then one or the other is defective.
Good luck and don’t forget to come back with your solution.

Presumably the drone worked fine before its hibernation so whatever you do DO NOT STARTV MUCKING ABOUT WITH FIRMWARE UPDATES until all other options are tried. You'll only introduce more unknown problems.

Reactions: JhonJungblut
Presumably the drone worked fine before its hibernation so whatever you do DO NOT STARTV MUCKING ABOUT WITH FIRMWARE UPDATES until all other options are tried. You'll only introduce more unknown problems.

Cheddarman the drone has not even been out of the box. When I get it going it will be the first time it has seen the light of day in over five years. Do not plan on updating firmware because that will introduce more problems from what I have been following here. I really want to make sure either one or the other it not defective. I am leaning towards the Drone because the transmitter powered up and went green. The drone's battery was dead so used one off my other one and when I put a good battery in and tried to link I got that critical error from the drone.

I am leaning towards the Drone because the transmitter powered up and went green.

If you power up the drone, and on the camera LED indicator and/or battery side arm LEDs, you get a solid red (system error), something is wrong with the drone itself.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 191
When I get it going it will be the first time it has seen the light of day in over five years.

There's a good chance the FPV system wont work, they fail if unused for a long time, you just get a black screen, it can be repaired though with some soldering skill and some software.

At the moment I am not getting any indication that it wants to connect to the DJI Go App. There is no critical error warning light on the drone at the moment. Everything else seems normal except for unable to get the DJI Go App to connect. Green light on Transmitter, flashing green on drone probably because I am testing on my desk.

There is no critical error warning light on the drone at the moment.

Looks like progress. If you have a working P3P/RC combo, you should be able to isolate if the problem is with the USB cable, RC, or the drone fairly quickly.

I am at the same point I was with my present drone. When I experienced this problem I found a post that stated it could be the Output Module on the Transmitter. I then upgraded to the HDMI Upgraded Circuit Board Module on the Transmitter and was able to get the DJI Go App to finally open. That solved one problem but there was obvious other issues, then DJI told me to send complete system in and the final results was they sent me a completely new DJI Phantom Pro 3 which I have been using religiously. I will install this Upgraded HDMI Module today and get back to the forum with my results. Thanks everyone for chiming in.

Reactions: BigL
I will install this Upgraded HDMI Module today and get back to the forum with my results.

Why don't you just bind the known working transmitter to the new drone to establish if the problem is with the drone or the transmitter? Likewise, you could try and bind the new transmitter to your working P3 drone.

With one working P3 setup, troubleshooting a new setup is much quicker and easier. I'm not sure why you want to start guessing from scratch..?

Update: As I suspected once I replaced the onboard transmitter module with the updated HDMI Upgraded Circuited Board Module I was finally able to register my drone and yes starting today my one year warranty. Was able to take the 9 question quiz, aircraft connected and received the below error. I might have to wait until it stops raining to go outside and do more testing to make sure all is good. I do have a fan running on high on the drone to keep it cooled. Now time to research the "No Image Transmission Signal Error". It did start due to interference but I should at least have a camera image.

Attachments

• DJI No Image.jpg
    DJI No Image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 185
Why don't you just bind the known working transmitter to the new drone to establish if the problem is with the drone or the transmitter? Likewise, you could try and bind the new transmitter to your working P3 drone.

With one working P3 setup, troubleshooting a new setup is much quicker and easier. I'm not sure why you want to start guessing from scratch..?

Dave you are correct and I could have done that, but I was going by what happened with my original drone. As you can see it seems that the Module was defective just like my first one. I am hoping this was the only problem with the drone. Either way I am now better off then I was a few days ago and if I come to the conclusion I don't want to mess with any more I can always open a ticket with DJI and send them the drone and transmitter. Being a Gen 1 setup they just might do as before and send me a newer setup. Just a guess is all here, but until then I will keep working it. Thanks for your chime in.

About>Version:

DJI Go App: Version 3.1.66
Aircraft: Version Unknown
Remote Controller: Version 1.1.5+
Basic Fly Safe Database: Version 01.00.01.09

After checking the root directory of the Micro-SD card I notice there is no FW version shown and I have "show hidden files" available.

Does this mean I need to do a Firmware Upgrade for both the Controller and Aircraft even after there are some that say don't do FW upgrades?

Thanks

Last edited:
If the RC/Drone do not work out of the box, it is almost certainly not a FW problem. The reason why it is suggested to NOT mess with FW when troubleshooting is that you can introduce a FW mismatch between the RC and drone and since you have some other underlying problem, you will never get to the bottom of it because you have crippled the system with a FW mismatch.

So again, if it was new in the box, don't worry about FW while figuring out what is wrong.

Reactions: JhonJungblut
If the RC/Drone do not work out of the box, it is almost certainly not a FW problem. The reason why it is suggested to NOT mess with FW when troubleshooting is that you can introduce a FW mismatch between the RC and drone and since you have some other underlying problem, you will never get to the bottom of it because you have crippled the system with a FW mismatch.

So again, if it was new in the box, don't worry about FW while figuring out what is wrong.

Dave that is the angle I am working. Not going to mess with FW but look into why I am having the No Image Transmission Signal. Looking at my iPad I see I am getting data except the Image. I am also able to start up the motors. I am able to move the camera up and down. Will have to move my location to my back porch where I have more access to Satellites.

Update: 8 Satellites, waited about 10 min, no change.

Last edited:
i'd bet a p3p not used for that long will prob not work anymore.
There's a good chance the FPV system wont work, they fail if unused for a long time, you just get a black screen, it can be repaired though with some soldering skill and some software.
Yes, we’ve seen enough reports of P3Ps no longer working after being idle for some length of time that it is close to a given at this point.
maybe it will work if you use the rc youve bin using.
did u already try to link with ur known good rc as i said b4?
Yes, good suggestions.
Now time to research the "No Image Transmission Signal Error"
Since it’s so common, this is what I was expecting you’d see. Have you already gone through the often referenced troubleshooting chart? I’d like to see your LOG_AB file to see if you have the classic modules 8/15 "device not detected" problem.

Reactions: KachemakDiver

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen