Two Phantom 3 Professionals, One iPad Mini 3

Dave that is the angle I am working. Not going to mess with FW but look into why I am having the No Image Transmission Signal. Looking at my iPad I see I am getting data except the Image. I am able to move the camera up and down. Will have to move my location to my back porch where I have more access to Satellites.
Yes, we’ve seen enough reports of P3Ps no longer working after being idle for some length of time that it is close to a given at this point.

Yes, good suggestions.

Since it’s so common, this is what I was expecting you’d see. Have you already gone through the often referenced troubleshooting chart? I’d like to see your LOG_AB file to see if you have the classic modules 8/15 "device not detected" problem.

Oso,

As I navigate to the location for the LOG_AB File I have "Show Hidden Items" checked and there is nothing to find. Now there lies the problem, MISC>LOG> shows an empty folder. Actually all folders indicated in the MISC directory are empty. Root directory has a folder for DCIM and MISC which are both empty. Now if I am not wrong this means there is nothing to be found at the moment.

Oso,

As I navigate to the location for the LOG_AB File I have "Show Hidden Items" checked and there is nothing to find. Now there lies the problem, MISC>LOG> shows an empty folder. Actually all folders indicated in the MISC directory are empty. Root directory has a folder for DCIM and MISC which are both empty. Now if I am not wrong this means there is nothing to be found at the moment.

This is a picture of my iPad Mini 3: Overall Status

Attachments

• Overall Status.jpg
    Overall Status.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
Is the camera set to Auto exposure?
Are you able to take a photo and get a good file recorded to the SD card?

The drone is set to Auto Exposure, I was able to take several shots and the files were successfully recorded to the SD Card under the DCIM folder. Here is one of the pictures from the SD Card.

Attachments

• DJI_0001.JPG
    DJI_0001.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 130
Excellent, the camera seems to be fine. You are using the same smart device and cable from the known-working kit, yes?

Since you are getting everything in GO except live video, you should be able to find the firmware installed on all the components. If the FW on the RC is the same as the FW on the RC of the working kit, you can bind that RC to this bird and determine if the video issue is with the RC or the P3.

Excellent, the camera seems to be fine. You are using the same smart device and cable from the known-working kit, yes?

Since you are getting everything in GO except live video, you should be able to find the firmware installed on all the components. If the FW on the RC is the same as the FW on the RC of the working kit, you can bind that RC to this bird and determine if the video issue is with the RC or the P3.

Dave, Yes I am using the same iPad and Cable from the working set. I was not able to get the working Transmitter to work with my Drone. I am including two screen shots of my Aircraft Status which have a few items needing attention. Question is should I update as necessary or will the troubleshooting be easier if I don't? Thank You Again

Attachments

• AircraftStatus.jpg
    AircraftStatus.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
  • AircraftStatus1.jpg
    AircraftStatus1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 139
Your RC is communicating with your craft. No need to mess with trying to clear those FW notices. In fact, if you disconnect from wifi before you turn on anything, those notices likely will not show up.

When @Oso asked about the log file, he also provided a link to a flow chart. I have not used that myself, but looking it over, it looks reasonable. I've attached a copy and marked where you are in the process. It looks like the aformentioned log file is generated when you attempt to load an old version of FW and the craft is supposed to generate the log in that process. You can follow the directions in that chart to see if you can get that log.

I personally have P3P firmware V01.05.0030 if you cannot find a reputable archive with something older. Maybe some of the other guys have something older.

If somehow you are under the original warranty, you could certainly just send it in.

Attachments

• flow-chart.png
    flow-chart.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 142
About>Version:

DJI Go App: Version 3.1.66
Aircraft: Version Unknown
Remote Controller: Version 1.1.5+
Basic Fly Safe Database: Version 01.00.01.09

After checking the root directory of the Micro-SD card I notice there is no FW version shown and I have "show hidden files" available.

Does this mean I need to do a Firmware Upgrade for both the Controller and Aircraft even after there are some that say don't do FW upgrades?

Thanks
The sd card will not show any fw version or any hidden files unless you actually do a fw update. Not saying to do an update either!

I firmly believe that the the image transmission issue is caused by the loss of memory of the nand chip on the camera gimbal board, most likely because of non-use for so long. @Oso touched on it in his reply #20

I have decided that with all that has been posted on what possibly is the problem. I have tried a few but I have no intention of going inside the drone. I will follow Dave's advice and just open up a Ticket with DJI and see what the verdict is. Will keep everyone posted. Thank You All

Update: Received Drone back and as I expected I have all new Drone and Transmitter. DJI once again have come through with getting me in the air with my second Phantom 3 Professional. Here is a picture I took this past weekend at an RC Model Aircraft Fun Fly. Thank you to everyone that has chimed in. This place is an invaluable source of information when it comes to Drones and Done flying.

Attachments

• DJI_0016.JPG
    DJI_0016.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 101

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan