Tablet debate (Samsung Tab E v Apple Ipad Mini 2)

Okay your feedback is appreciated.
So, it is early yet, but several flights on the K1 tablet today, and everything went super smooth. Little disappointed in the screen brightness, was somehow( can't remember where I seen the info) led to believe the brightness would be better than my Nexus 7, hard pressed to see any brightness difference.
Lag is a totally different case tho, have yet to see any stutter, lag, dropped frames, or anything with the Shield.
So, like it so far. Will update if anything changes, for better or worse.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

So, it is early yet, but several flights on the K1 tablet today, and everything went super smooth. Little disappointed in the screen brightness, was somehow( can't remember where I seen the info) led to believe the brightness would be better than my Nexus 7, hard pressed to see any brightness difference.
Lag is a totally different case tho, have yet to see any stutter, lag, dropped frames, or anything with the Shield.
So, like it so far. Will update if anything changes, for better or worse.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Before buying my iPad Air2 I was looking at that tablet because it was one of very few Android tablets that seemed to work early on when the P3 was first released. I had read that some were running extremely hot and causing them to quit working. That was enough to shy away from it myself. Hope everything continues to go well with it. It did sound like a nice alternative to the higher priced iOS devices tho. There were just too many mixed reviews for my liking.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Before buying my iPad Air2 I was looking at that tablet because it was one of very few Android tablets that seemed to work early on when the P3 was first released. I had read that some were running extremely hot and causing them to quit working. That was enough to shy away from it myself. Hope everything continues to go well with it. It did sound like a nice alternative to the higher priced iOS devices tho. There were just too many mixed reviews for my liking.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
How much brighter is the Air 2 compared to the Mini 2?

I would personally buy the iPad Mini 2 since I know it always works well. The Tab E is on the slow end of the commonly used tablets.

This is exactly the kind of info that makes forums as unequivocally valuable as they are.

It's good to know what the limitations of an iPad mini 2 w/o GPS are before purchase as that's what I'm leaning toward; it's unlikely I'll use the GO follow me feature (Litchi for following someone else is the choice there), and it's just as unlikely I'll move too far after takeoff, so for the size and price the mini 2 is still the leader for me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I ended up getting a Nexus 7 (2013 Edition) which works perfectly - no break ups in the couple of flights Ive had with it and a good size screen.

Only cost £70 second hand too so pretty happy!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj