Switch to FCC mode in Europe, and fly miles instead of just 300 meters with P3SE

Unfortunately, Andy only seems to you. The cameras on all 3 Series models are the same. They are distinguished by additional resolution and bitrate. P3 Advancet has a bitrate of 40 MBit / s. The same applies to P3 SE and S. P3 Pro and 4K have 60 MBit / s. In your case, you can have better fitting lenses and hence a slightly better picture.

Rodrigo,
The Pro version is definitely worth it. You will get a slightly better picture and further flights and a definitely better controller.

Reactions: chatikib
Hi everybody.
I'm new here. I fly a Phantom 3 SE with Argtek Range Extender (three 10db antennas).
I have just installed the DJI.GO.v.3.1.28.Patched.apk (ForceFCC). The russian pre-patched.
I have not flown it yet, it's simply too cold with snow everywhere.

I have measured the 2.4 GHz signal by using an app on my android phone: Wifi Overview 360.
With the standard DJI.GO.v.3.1.28 I read -30dB close to the Wifi antenna on the controller.
With the DJI.GO.v.3.1.28.Patched apk, I read -13dB.

Conclusion: This really works. :D

Now waiting for spring time so I can try it out IRL to test the control- and the video transmission range.
:astonished:

Unfortunately, Andy only seems to you. The cameras on all 3 Series models are the same. They are distinguished by additional resolution and bitrate. P3 Advancet has a bitrate of 40 MBit / s. The same applies to P3 SE and S. P3 Pro and 4K have 60 MBit / s. In your case, you can have better fitting lenses and hence a slightly better picture.

Rodrigo,
The Pro version is definitely worth it. You will get a slightly better picture and further flights and a definitely better controller.

That's exaclty what I thought and why I wanted to keep the SE!
BUT you should already know that external lenses are different, as the one in front of the P3 pro/adv can be removed to mount filters, add to this that just a quick look and you see the two cameras are fisically totally different: SE one is "thicker" as you insert the sd in the camera, in pro/adv sd goes in the gimbal!
The sensor is the same size, 2/3", but nobody ever said they're the same, yet I have no proof they are different!
Sure the phantom 3 Advanced was supposed to shot videos in 40mb/s when it was released, just as sure that my P3Adv is shooting videos in 60mb/s, might be a firmware upgrade but I found out checking it in the files attributes.
Also all P3 SE, ADV and PRO shoot 4000x3000 pictures!

Now, I don't know if there is any difference in the sensor itself between the tow, but believe me if I tell you they REALLY are different, and Advanced videos and pics look better! ;)

P.S.: I have absolutely no reason to say something that is not true! I sold my SE with sadness, only because I already knew it would only gather dust, I loved that quad and I still suggest it as the better entry level Video drone in the market to anyone looking for a new one to buy in stores!

But what about the range? I found in YouTube a video regarding the range of P3SE (FCC) and P4A (yes P4)... The range difference wasn't that much... The guy got 3.2km with the SE and 3.5 with P4. Doesn't seem to be worth to change only because of the range.

Reactions: Psycho Andy
Hi everybody.
I'm new here. I fly a Phantom 3 SE with Argtek Range Extender (three 10db antennas).
I have just installed the DJI.GO.v.3.1.28.Patched.apk (ForceFCC). The russian pre-patched.
I have not flown it yet, it's simply too cold with snow everywhere.

I have measured the 2.4 GHz signal by using an app on my android phone: Wifi Overview 360.
With the standard DJI.GO.v.3.1.28 I read -30dB close to the Wifi antenna on the controller.
With the DJI.GO.v.3.1.28.Patched apk, I read -13dB.

Conclusion: This really works. :D

Now waiting for spring time so I can try it out IRL to test the control- and the video transmission range.
:astonished:
Welcome aboard. You give clear information. Thanks!

By the way, the weather ... that's a persistent problem that I always struggle with. :)

But what about the range? I found in YouTube a video regarding the range of P3SE (FCC) and P4A (yes P4)... The range difference wasn't that much... The guy got 3.2km with the SE and 3.5 with P4. Doesn't seem to be worth to change only because of the range.
Have a look on this forum at the topic about the P3A and P3P. I saw some people who could not fly more than 2.3 km. The same thing I see happening to some people with a P4P. I know a guy who have a maximum of 1.8 km with a P4P. And DJI doesn't do anything. They only say 'it's in CE mode'.

If you are not lucky with your drone then ...

Andy
I do not assume you are writing untruth. Before I bought my drones I read about the parameters of everyone and that is why I am speaking.
Of course, I know that there are some mechanical differences in the construction of the camera, if only to wind the filter and not to slide in but still think that it is the same device. I also read that the sensor itself in the camera can be a different producer and it can make a difference. I know that there have been petitions for DJI to increase the bitrate, it's great that they did it at least 60 Mb / s is still not enough for 2.7 and 4K. Mod 5.3 for Phantom 3 unlocks 96 Mb / s. It is a pity that there is no such fashion for SE.

Andy
I do not assume you are writing untruth. Before I bought my drones I read about the parameters of everyone and that is why I am speaking.
Of course, I know that there are some mechanical differences in the construction of the camera, if only to wind the filter and not to slide in but still think that it is the same device. I also read that the sensor itself in the camera can be a different producer and it can make a difference. I know that there have been petitions for DJI to increase the bitrate, it's great that they did it at least 60 Mb / s is still not enough for 2.7 and 4K. Mod 5.3 for Phantom 3 unlocks 96 Mb / s. It is a pity that there is no such fashion for SE.

You're right, it seems dji put the SE there and lost interest in developing/upgrading it!
As I told you I was very happy with it and really thought the P3A would be an improvement for signal stability only, but when I saw the results I had to change my mind!
It's a shame, the SE could be a great AC while it's just standing in the middle between the old standard and the higher level ones!

Rodrigo,
The SE is 60mbit per the specs

Phantom 3 SE –Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

In a free space, with nothing between you and the AC and no other signals there is no big difference between pro/adv and SE range, as long as the SE is in FCC mode.
Add only one tree between you and the quad and signal will start to come and go with SE, even at few undreds meters, while pro/adv will have give no issue.
Even in fcc mode any time I flew my SE close to a holiday farm I had weack fpv signal or total fpv loss, at least for few seconds, even at 600m, never even had weack signal in the same place with the advanced!
Worst "cons" of the SE is how strongly its signal is affected by interferences!

I have to say i have now fly higher and further than before with this app. Its mich better . Just i noticed one thing now, when drone standing still it rotates slightly to te left. Did anyone have problem like this??

I have to say i have now fly higher and further than before with this app. Its mich better . Just i noticed one thing now, when drone standing still it rotates slightly to te left. Did anyone have problem like this??

try calibrating imu ;)

Reactions: Maki29
Just fly away. But controlled by yourself. There are to many unwanted flyaways.

If your distance is more than 900 meters then you know that you are flying in FCC mode.
I just asked because of the danger of something going wrong! Everywhere says it's tested and working !? Today's weather was bad, maybe tomorrow is fine

I just asked because of the danger of something going wrong! Everywhere says it's tested and working !? Today's weather was bad, maybe tomorrow is fine

3.1.18 might have the 2.4Ghz window where you can check if you have 11 channels (fcc) instead of 13 (CE). Otherwise you can check by uninstalling the mod app and reinstall an original one, just avoid latest versions, 3.1.22 is fine.
Leave AC off, enter camera and soon tx frequencies page to check for channels, if the switch window appear just do nothing and turn controller off.
In case wifi window pops up and you turn off controller but have no time to check channels you can just exit app, launch it again and enter phantom 3 SE controls without connecting to controller ;)

3.1.18 might have the 2.4Ghz window where you can check if you have 11 channels (fcc) instead of 13 (CE). Otherwise you can check by uninstalling the mod app and reinstall an original one, just avoid latest versions, 3.1.22 is fine.
Leave AC off, enter camera and soon tx frequencies page to check for channels, if the switch window appear just do nothing and turn controller off.
In case wifi window pops up and you turn off controller but have no time to check channels you can just exit app, launch it again and enter phantom 3 SE controls without connecting to controller ;)

so a connected device (android) with the remote control must minimize this ...?

Attachments

• PicsArt_03-15-11.43.00.jpg
    PicsArt_03-15-11.43.00.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 299
so a connected device (android) with the remote control must minimize this ...?

that's it: 11 channels=fcc mode :)
By the way you can easily understand you are in fcc mode if you can fly beyond 500 meters as the latest firmware put the tx power so down that it can't do more!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga