Switch to FCC mode in Europe, and fly miles instead of just 300 meters with P3SE

I try to switch my Mavic Pro to FCC with fake gps (samsung s9+), but it never say that I change WLAN. Isn't this solution working for Dji GO 4-app or do I make something wrong?

Should the Mavic be in WIFI or RC-mode? As in RC-mode I dont even have that WiFi-icon in my setting in Dji Go 4?!

Last edited:
Hi Jojo,
Yes, as you say.

No, defnitly not. If you want to try 2.4GHz band, you need an IOS device. On IOS you can change the band with DJI Go, but it will put you back into CE mode if it gets GPS signal.
I made the try, changed to 2.4GHz in FCC mode, but it was not better then 5Ghz (I got a bit shorter range: 3000 meter with 2.4Ghz instead of 3200 meters with 5GHz) so I switched back to 5GHz.

regads

Hello PhantomFlyer3SE

First of all : thanks to have took the time to answer my questions, that's cool ! ;)

Of what I've understood : from time you are in FCC mode, the range is almost the same if you are in 2,4GHz or in 5GHz (in DJi Go)
So, in fact, the only important thing is to be in FCC mode...

Am I right ?!

I try to switch my Mavic Pro to FCC with fake gps (samsung s9+), but it never say that I change WLAN. Isn't this solution working for Dji GO 4-app or do I make something wrong?

Should the Mavic be in WIFI or RC-mode? As in RC-mode I dont even have that WiFi-icon in my setting in Dji Go 4?!
There is a modificated version of DJI Go 4.2.6 available for the Mavic. You will find it here: DJI Modifications

In the map view I only get detailed info when zooming in on China, just blank here in Europe. Looks like it's a chinese map service since its chinese letters in the bottom left. Is it possible to change it to Here or Google?

selon vous la version 31.18 dji go est toujours le meilleur aujourd'hui ou pas

Hi to everybody!
have a Phantom 3 SE with FW 1.5.40 and running the patched 3.1.18 dji go app. Tested a view flights wit 1800m distance and had to return due to battery beeing low. At 1600m video got lost and did not recover when I turned back via map. So far I am impressed with the FCC mode. Now one question: did anybody tried the new version dji go 4.2.6 on the russian site with the 3 SE? Does anybody has the RAR-password?

Now I tried out the 3.1.34 patched DJI App. Works fine flying. Also the map material from MAPBOX is more detailed. The only things what is annoying these warning Pop-Ups that you have to switch into CE Mode. When this is not fixed by the russians, it is not usable!! May be 4.2.6 patched as the answer, but I have no password!?

Reactions: antonh
Version 4.2.6 has a RAR-Password! Cannot open it!

The password is 136, found it with Google translate in the Russian readme :)

Please let us know if it works with 3SE, though I believe it's only for newer models.

Last edited:
The password is 136, found it with Google translate in the Russian readme :)

Please let us know if it works with 3SE, though I believe it's only for newer models.
Thanks for your post. This is unfortunately the DJI go 4 App used ONLY for Phantom 4 and higher. So I will stick with the 3.1.18

Hello, I just downloaded the patched app, installed it on my Lenovo tablet, so far everything seems good, it shows 11 channels on 2.4GHz, can't wait to see if it help with the range. :) The only issue I have is that it doesn't load the map, I think it is stuck on china mainland maps.

Last edited:
When you mean the patched app, the answer is yes! I know someone who successfully uses the patched app with a P3A.
Yes, the patched app would be the best solution. Do you mean the Advanced model at P3A? I have the P3 4K that is very different from the P3A...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie