Remove HDMI OSD (On-Screen Display) info?

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Just got the P3P with the HDMI board for the RC. All works fine but I need to capture the video feed from the RC via HDMI to a capture card, just like a camera but the video feed has the OSD (On-Screen-Display) info over it, therefore it's unusable (for me).

I have searched everywhere for the following question but didn't find anything so I will take my chance here:

How can I remove the OSD info from the video feed of the RC's HDMI port?

Hi guys!

Just got the P3P with the HDMI board for the RC. All works fine but I need to capture the video feed from the RC via HDMI to a capture card, just like a camera but the video feed has the OSD (On-Screen-Display) info over it, therefore it's unusable (for me).

I have searched everywhere for the following question but didn't find anything so I will take my chance here:

How can I remove the OSD info from the video feed of the RC's HDMI port?
In the Go App Go to the Image Transmission Pop up and you will see the sliders at the bottom to turn on and off.

It's the DJI Phantom 3 Professional. It has the built-in camera, not a GoPro

It's the DJI Phantom 3 Professional. It has the built-in camera, not a GoPro
bobmyers is right, it is for the P3P, see bellow. Why do you thing to GoPro?
Capture.PNG

i don't have this setting. (i did before i made the switch with the new board with hdmi in my rc). thx!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-06-16-04-11.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-06-16-04-11.png
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 565
You cannot scroll bellow? Strange, you get the other setting that is for the HDMI board, so it is detected.
Can you try with another tablet that has a bigger resolution?

thx for the reply, just tested with a samsung galaxy tab 3, 10.1 and it's the same issue, no OSD display option (same as my galaxy s5). is it possible to be a android problem? maybe only on IOS there is this OSD display option?

LE: I tested my drone on a iPhone 6 and the "Display OSD" option is there and it works. My only conclusion now is that it's a Android issue.

LE: I tested my drone on a iPhone 6 and the "Display OSD" option is there and it works. My only conclusion now is that it's a Android issue.
I am using android tabs. The screenshoot I show you was with latest version of firmwares (P3 and RC) but with GO app 2.1.0. I made them some time ago.
I rechecked with current GO app 2.3.0 and it is now as you describe, no "DISPLAY OSD" option. They removed that option!
That can be annoying if you want to show the video to some spectators or record the video.

That you thought bobmyers was talking about a GoPro camera suggests to me that you might still be running the old DJI Pilot app on your Android and not the newer DJI Go app

That you thought bobmyers was talking about a GoPro camera suggests to me that you might still be running the old DJI Pilot app on your Android and not the newer DJI Go app
no, that's my bad. i readed the reply wrong, sorry for that :) (confused the GO app with GO pro :p)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31