RC signal lost after 100/150mt

Hi Guys

last night i lifted my P3A vertically over my at about 40-50 meters. Then i got a blank video streaming screen and a signal lost alert.

I pressed the RTH button and the drone started to approach me and then i took control and managed to land it on my terrace.

It scared the hell out of me since it was the second time i've ever flown it.

After that i just turned it off. It didn't cross my mind that this could mean that it will not reconnect now.

i have to get home and test it.

When you fly directly overhead you have a chance of signal loss based on the antenna position. Tell me where your antennas pointing up at the aircraft?

well, still doesn't work... I guess I'll give the owner a few more days and if they don't come I'll get a battery charger and see if I can find them.
you have been incredibly helpful thank you so much!
-out-
Hi Lost Drone ... the owner probably launched from within a mile of where you found it and could be closer than that.
If they didn't put any identification on the drone, it's a bit of a long shot but there might be some clue in the photos or video on the card.

Yeah, no identification...unfortunately.
I can't get the photos or video off of the SD card because I can't turn it on (extremely low battery)... any ideas or should I just get a battery charger in a few days and try to get the footage off then?

Yeah, no identification...unfortunately.
I can't get the photos or video off of the SD card because I can't turn it on (extremely low battery)... any ideas or should I just get a battery charger in a few days and try to get the footage off then?
Lost Drone ... it's a bit messy talking here on someone's thread.
I opened a conversation with you to make it easier.
There should be a red notification up in the right of the screen ... click on that

U could leave fliers around the neighborhood and your neighbor might contact you. Just ask for verification (remote)

Look's like you haven't made any posts in a few days, are you fixed or broken? Anyways the logs don't show WEAK RC SIGNAL just LOST RC SIGNAL. I have also seen strong RC signal in the logs but I know I had some weak signal warnings. I think there doing some kind of flight averaging:confused:

Hey.. yeah i still get around 500 feet max distance before i loose video feed.. It appears that flight logs only record RC radio signal, but not the WiFi strength signal? My RC radio signal is good, all green! I have a good RC to Drone connection. Its the WiFi video signal that is giving me problems.

I suspect that DJI purposely downgraded WiFi signal on standard phantoms in their Christmas firmware upgrade , because they anticipated a lot of new drones in the air and many new inexperienced pilots, since a lot of people (including myself) got a drone for Christmas. Maybe they didnt want bad publicity if a lot of their drones started to fall from the sky on people, cars, houses etc, because of new pilots errors and flyaways.
Maybe its their way of making sure that all new drones stay "in the line of sight", and with 500 feet limit i say mission accomplished.
I believe someone else on this forum got confirmation from DJI customer support that it was the case.

I really don't think they would purposely down grade, somebody made that up. That would add to more tech calls, returns, repairs and effect sales. Note that when you loose video and I assume data. At that point of no data your mobile device is loosing that part of the flight log. Kind of confusing most of the Standard problems is the Remote Signal Loss and RTH activates. Also note that your video signal is being received on the two antenna's that look flat metal plates inside the remote.

Last edited:
I took some troubleshooting steps like reinstalling the GO app calibrated everything and today i took it out in a fairly windy day in a wide open space. It performed as expected and i enjoyed it to the maximum. No signal losses no nothing

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1