Range Test - P2V + ITELITE DBS-01

What should I hope to get with the RE700 ?

• more than 3km ~ 9800ft

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • more than 4km ~ 13100ft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the same as RE500 - 2km ~ 6500ft

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I've done some tests in close vicinity of my home on some hills there I've reached 1100-1200 meters. (~4000 ft). I could have tried a little further but was getting quite a lot of disconnects. All the tests are done with RE500. (I have one RE700 on the way for 1 month already shipped with USPS from US to EU).

So today I did another test and got quite happy with the results ! a little bit over 2000 meters (~6500ft).

Here is the FR link:
Range test P2V with ITELITE DBS-01

The video is being converted now with Dashware and will be uploaded to YT soon ! Will post back with the link :)

Reactions: dirkclod
After just redoing my P2V back stock bird with the RE700 and itelite panel in a place I fly with no noise flying sideways I got this.
Haven't tried anymore but is pretty good just for a distance run . I had to be sideways though for the antenna panels in the FC200
to get this . I was in ATTI so I could get the screenshot .
IMG_3207.PNG

After just redoing my P2V back stock bird with the RE700 and itelite panel in a place I fly with no noise flying sideways I got this.
Haven't tried anymore but is pretty good just for a distance run . I had to be sideways though for the antenna panels in the FC200
to get this . I was in ATTI so I could get the screenshot .
View attachment 55415

I tested today flying normally not sideways with RE700 (it just arrived !) with ITELITE DBS-01 of course and I lost RC signal before video :( was around 8000ft maybe I was pointing the antenna in the right position. My takeoff point was in a congested wifi area but with 2.4 GHz not 5.8 GHz so I wonder why I lost RC signal first. I couldn't go further but the RE700 + ITELITE does a great job !

It seems I have to look into improving my RC signal now :) not sure where to start but I'm afraid about the black glue of death (since I can ruin the UFL connector on the board).

I bought some cheap chinese landing gear taller from Ebay do you think I should mount it ? the RC antennas will be hanging in mid air (not stuck behind the leg structure) ... do you think it will gain me anything ? (I honestly doubt it but I wanted to ask).

Also is there a mod for bird antennas that doesn't require removing the UFL connector ? maybe adding an antenna to the existing cable ?

Thanks !

I'm really thinking about using 640x480 at 30 fps since I'm on 15 fps now and wifi video stream is no longer a problem. Any suggestions guys ? will 30 fps limit me too much ? not sure if I need 30 fps still. I would love better resolution but that only comes with a P3 :)

I added the P2V+ new compass and those skids are higher . You do have to go into shell to connect the compass cable but that's not a big deal .
That black goo is a pain and have messed one board up but there are ways that helps removing it in P2v+ mods .
I don't aim my panel as much as I watch my signal on the screen and adjust it by that . Location,weather and holding your TX as steady
as possibly is important too .
I have tried to figure out away to add to the existing antennas but no luck .
Playing with those settings will show you some different distance but keeping the preview quality low is about all I saw that was of help for me .
8000' isn't bad bernek and the more you mess with it the more you will get .

I added the P2V+ new compass and those skids are higher . You do have to go into shell to connect the compass cable but that's not a big deal .
That black goo is a pain and have messed one board up but there are ways that helps removing it in P2v+ mods .
I don't aim my panel as much as I watch my signal on the screen and adjust it by that . Location,weather and holding your TX as steady
as possibly is important too .
I have tried to figure out away to add to the existing antennas but no luck .
Playing with those settings will show you some different distance but keeping the preview quality low is about all I saw that was of help for me .
8000' isn't bad bernek and the more you mess with it the more you will get .

I know that around 8k ft is enough for an old P2V and I should be happy with it :) either way I only perform tests in open area with no wifi networks. I'm really happy with the range !

Reactions: dirkclod
I know that around 8k ft is enough for an old P2V and I should be happy with it :) either way I only perform tests in open area with no wifi networks. I'm really happy with the range !
Well mine isn't really old as I am constantly rebuilding it and is a tough bird .You fly in a place like mine it sounds as it's in the country
and the only noise is the animals .
Reason for the Plus compass was I added the Plus's GPS as well as the motors and esc's .Thus a V3 .
Plus's skids are just taller .You can add birdside antennas and have on earlier Visions and get around 10,000'.
Add amps and different Panels and battery mods and is unreal what you can get .

Well mine isn't really old as I am constantly rebuilding it and is a tough bird .You fly in a place like mine it sounds as it's in the country
and the only noise is the animals .
Reason for the Plus compass was I added the Plus's GPS as well as the motors and esc's .Thus a V3 .
Plus's skids are just taller .You can add birdside antennas and have on earlier Visions and get around 10,000'.
Add amps and different Panels and battery mods and is unreal what you can get .

Do you see a big difference from new escs and motors ? I maybe should upgrade mine one day when I change the shell also.

I did as I changed everything making it a V3 . Sounded different on start up and was or seemed faster . Kinda hard to remember just what all did change bernek being that was awhile back . Me mind getting slow :)
Did have better sat's also .
What it does is basically makes it a P2V+V3 except it has the FC200 camera .Also added the scroll wheel TX which was nice .
You could just change the esc's and motors without the rest but just did it all .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.