PS3 Suddendly short range, Mode Changed to WiFi Reconnect?

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I buyed a broken PS3 over a year ago and could fix it after a few attempts. Everything worked okay and with an windsurfer I even managed to reach distances over 1km!
But now from one day to the other I only can fly ca. 70m then the aircraft loses signal and returns home. In the Airdata Log which I attached below as Screenshots you can find the repeatedly Notification "Mode Changed to WiFi Reconnt", what does this mean?
Also since I have problems with the range I get ESC Errors at the end of nearly every log ("Not Enough Force/ESC Error") what does this exactly mean and does it have any relation to the Mode Changed Notification?

The only thing which changed for the drone, was that I buyed a Manfrotto Backpack, I don't know but could it be that the antenna from the RC could be kinked in any way?

Regards Marco

Attachments

• Log1.PNG
    Log1.PNG
    54.3 KB · Views: 516
  • Log2.PNG
    Log2.PNG
    67 KB · Views: 500
  • Log3.PNG
    Log3.PNG
    68.1 KB · Views: 526
  • Log4.PNG
    Log4.PNG
    69.1 KB · Views: 446
  • Log5.PNG
    Log5.PNG
    34.2 KB · Views: 442
Did you flip the switch to ATTI mode and back to GPS mode, just curious?

Rod

So am I right, my options are: Replace the RC or Replace the 5.8Ghz Receiverchip in the drone or Remove a chip on the mainboard and solder two pins together?
How can I find out which one will solve my problem without testing them all?

Marco
I don't have a clue, all I know is how to copy and paste links. ;)

Both times this happen to me, I had done a firmware update, both times I sent it in for warranty repair.

I'm the only one that has every posted what was replaced on mine.

Others posting if they got fix 2%?
How they got it fixed 1%?

I see this issue has been going on for three years, the post I shared was the first time somebody had a theory.

I just hope I can help out others with this frustrating problem. :)

Rod

I don't have a clue, all I know is how to copy and paste links. ;)

Both times this happen to me, I had done a firmware update, both times I sent it in for warranty repair.

I'm the only one that has every posted what was replaced on mine.

Others posting if they got fix 2%?
How they got it fixed 1%?

I see this issue has been going on for three years, the post I shared was the first time somebody had a theory.

I just hope I can help out others with this frustrating problem. :)

Rod

Hmm I understand :/

But does nobody know what "Mode Changed to WiFi Reconnect" really mean?

It seems to me that new terms are getting added with new models and software, recently especially with AirData.

To me it means it lost connection with the Phantom, and it is trying to reconnect.
If that's the case, it is a poor description, as I'm sure the WiFi term would most likely make you think it is between the remote and the tablet.

@Fly Dawg, or somebody can you look at his log?
See if something he should be concerned about, that I don't know about.

Thanks Rod

We all like to see them fly above AGL. ;)

Reactions: Cobra!1
Interesting. Looking at the first flight data file, there does not appear to be any sort of signal loss. Although the messages do state that fact, the downlink from the aircraft was still there. If you look at the timeline, there are no gaps, which you would normally see in a signal loss event. The aircraft was still transmitting telemetry throughout the entire flight. Normally at the point of uplink and/or downlink loss you would see a visual gap in time, prior to signal requisition. There are none. There is not enough data in this file IMO, to probe further in to what the actual cause may be. The aircraft .dat may or may not reveal anything more. Unfortunately, I can't give a definitive answer on this one. As far as the other errors go, if they occurred they were not on this particular flight.

Thanks his original post had some air-data pics and he asking about Reconnect WiFi and the Not enough Force ESC message, which to me is some recent new air-data quirks.

Rod

Had a part success in solving the problem, I opened the Remote and saw that a cable connector was lose. After I fixed that I tried flying again and now it's noticable better than before but I still get random "Signal Lost" messages. I'll upload after work some more data :)

@RodPad @Fly Dawg

So I tried to get my .dat files from the drone, but the following Error occured: "Data Recorder Error" which you can also see in the Screenshot. I read somewhere that this is a faulty Sd Card (the one under the motherboard)

As for the other part, here is a link to my airdata log from yesterday, you can clearly see the the Warnings with Signal Lost etc. but I get a Signal Score = 100?

And here's the log from my phone:
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

If you something more just tell me.

Thanks Marco

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180816-183213.png
    Screenshot_20180816-183213.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 421
Again this data does not reveal any downlink loss. The timeline was consistent for the entire flight, although also again, the "signal loss-aircraft returning to the home point" was there. As to why this occurred, I cant answer. Looking at another odd entity is the battery. The
SMART_ BATTERY: seriousLowWarningLanding data was "True" for the entire flight. This may be irrevalent as I am not certain of the P3 Standards default state, although it should be "False". The battery is charted below, but I'm going to ask @BudWalker to take a look and verify that before doing any more with the battery.

Capture.PNG

Reactions: RodPad
Also since I have problems with the range I get ESC Errors at the end of nearly every log ("Not Enough Force/ESC Error") what does this exactly mean and does it have any relation to the Mode Changed Notification?
Additionally, this particular error you referenced " Not Enough Force" OSD.isNotEnoughForce is "False" for the entire flight. Leading me to believe these are Airdata issues.

Reactions: RodPad
Addendum to Post#12 and #17.....There were actually signal losses, but these were mere milliseconds in duration, in the particular flight I looked at. Transmission was basically immediately restored according to the timeline. I just looked a bit closer at that, just to be sure. However, in saying that, there was one "signal loss" instance with less than 500ms..which is not long enough for RTH to initiate. Not really sure what is going on with that. The reason I posted the battery was the signal that remained in a true state for the duration, which I thought was odd, but maybe not.

Again this data does not reveal any downlink loss. The timeline was consistent for the entire flight, although also again, the "signal loss-aircraft returning to the home point" was there. As to why this occurred, I cant answer. Looking at another odd entity is the battery. The
SMART_ BATTERY: seriousLowWarningLanding data was "True" for the entire flight. This may be irrevalent as I am not certain of the P3 Standards default state, although it should be "False". The battery is charted below, but I'm going to ask @BudWalker to take a look and verify that before doing any more with the battery.

View attachment 102435
The only serious low voltage signal that I know anything about is the flightAction signal in the .DAT. It can take on the value SERIOUS_LOW_VOLTAGE_LANDING. When it does that means the AC is landing because of a serious low voltage situation.

I don't know anything about the .txt signal SMART_ BATTERY: seriousLowWarningLanding. But, I agree with you it seems to have the opposite value from what you'd expect.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers