What is the typical range?

Reaction score
What range should I be able to get? I am only getting about 150 ft high be for the app says that the signal is weak or the video is lost. I'm in the USA.

What range should I be able to get? I am only getting about 150 ft high be for the app says that the signal is weak or the video is lost.
With that limited amount of information, it will be difficult to help you, but is your antenna oriented correctly? First step.

Like this?

ANTENNA.PNG

Reactions: rfaaj
Transmission is worse straight up, if you do not compensate for that.

No matter how you have the antennas oriented, you should get more than 150 ft high. What's your aircraft?
I can reach the maximum advertized elevation (500 meters) without having a weak signal notice. My maximum horizontal distance is 4.5 kilometers without getting a weak signal notice. Could have gone farther but my battery was getting low.

@OG Style .....Do you have anything at all between you and the aircraft? I.E. Trees, brush, buildings etc...?

No there is not anything blocking the signal.
Ok, how far is your max distance horizontally, at a lower altitude that you can reach before the signal gets weak?

What device are you using?

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy s7.
Is this the first time you have attempted to fly this aircraft? If not, have all flights been similar? I have a specific reason for asking that.

This is my first time. It's my friends and he bought it used.
Has he flown the aircraft with the same issue with a different device? And who registered it both with DJI and the FAA?

He has flown it with a different device and he was having the same issue. I believe he has it all registered in his name.

He has flown it with a different device and he was having the same issue.
Ok, let me ask you this. On your S7, do you have "developer options" enabled and "USB Debugging" enabled? I am looking more at the moment for a device issue as opposed to an aircraft issue, so just checking the boxes so to speak. Also, does he as well use Android?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31