POLL - Who's Got Cracking on their P3 and Who Has Not?

Who has / not had issues with cracking in their P3 aircraft

• Yes, I HAVE had cracks appear

• No, I have NOT had cracks appear

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
I thought it'd be worth having a poll to gauge the number of pilots who've had issues with their shell cracking.

Moderators, I've searched and couldn't find any poll on this subject but if I've missed it, please delete and point me to the poll please.

Trouble is as you know ... how many owners frequent this or any other site ? I would suggest there are more non forum owners than there are forum ones ...

Its like an election poll ... ask the right question - get the desired ...

Wishing luck ... but I think it will move to one side giving impression of majority and then like many polls on forums start to slide back again ...

Nigel

Here's a post I made on another site to try and get votes :

"POLL - Who's cracked and who's not

Go over and vote ...

I am not asking or expecting which way you vote ... just that you do ...

Nigel"

Note I have not tried to influence or guide any vote ... just trying to get more people on to it ... whichever way it goes.

Although my P3P hasn't cracked, I put strongarm braces on mine to help spread the vibration over a larger area under the motors. The prop guard clip in this area will help as an alternative.

Reactions: skeptic49
Your link brings it back to this one .
Maybe this is the link you meant to post . Go over and vote please ...

I was posting to show that I had tried to get people to come to THIS thread to vote ... not expecting anyone to question the link in it which of course brings you here ...

Nigel

My P3A has a hairline crack on two arms. Never crashed and fairly mild flying compared to my other quads.

Just one small crack at the lower left hand side of the battery compartment. Locktite 420 three times and now it has been holding for over 2M feet.

Of my 3 Phantom3 aircraft (1 Standrad and 2 Pro) only 1 has shown any cracks. Well outside of warranty and I filled them with As-Seen-On-TV LED Cured Glue and they stopped and no more have developed. I do want to say I have not taken it apart and looking internally as there could be more inside but if I don't see them they don't count right?

Of my 3 Phantom3 aircraft (1 Standrad and 2 Pro) only 1 has shown any cracks. Well outside of warranty and I filled them with As-Seen-On-TV LED Cured Glue and they stopped and no more have developed. I do want to say I have not taken it apart and looking internally as there could be more inside but if I don't see them they don't count right?
Right! LOL

Just spotted a small crack Saturday. It is one of the screws behind the motor. I think it holds the top and bottom shell together. Still under warranty.

I've found and repaired cracks in the arms under the motors on both my P3S and P34k

No cracks on mine. Even when I crashed 3 times. The main crash from 90" cracked the shell and snapped the camera off.... But still no stress cracks where the screws are lol

Irony

Cracks showed up on mine after flying in strong winds, gutted, got a spare body just in case they get any worse.

No cracks, as far as I know.

P1170721.JPG

I thought it'd be worth having a poll to gauge the number of pilots who've had issues with their shell cracking.

Moderators, I've searched and couldn't find any poll on this subject but if I've missed it, please delete and point me to the poll please.
if u get a crack use ties on the arms beats glue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31