POLL - Who's Got Cracking on their P3 and Who Has Not?

Who has / not had issues with cracking in their P3 aircraft

• Yes, I HAVE had cracks appear

• No, I have NOT had cracks appear

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have just changed the case on one of mine. It has over 200hrs on it, but I think mine happened when my dog accidently knocked it off the table. I decided to change because the plastic moulded around 2 case screw anchors was broken. Plus one the same as Bodine's pic, and a couple of hairlinecracks.

Mine had them. DJI repaired under warranty,received same bird back.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
They have known all the life of the P3's ......... you think a poll here is going to change them ?

They are sitting at top of the Drone Camera tree .......... others have tried to compete but for one reason or another have failed to topple DJI off.

Also do not forget that DJI revenue is also a large part from INDUSTRIAL ... not hobby .......... WE are lower down the list !!

Nigel
I've just received my new Xiaomi Mi 4k with handheld (Osmo like) gimbal holder. It's fantastic and way better than my Phantom 3 Advanced except for Litchi being able to pre-arrange waypoint missions. Total spend was around $400 and the flight time is nearly 10 minutes longer too!

Isn't IT True..D j i ..........will replace one....ONLY cracked shell by sending it back to them... and after that No More......such a dang shame !

Well.... I've finally become part of the statistic myself :-(
Being aware of the cracking issue from being on this forum I always check for stress cracks when cleaning my P3A..... and when doing so a couple of days ago I found a hairline crack on each of the right arm motor mounts.
Really disappointed, I have babied this quad from brand new (it was a very expensive purchase for me), always hand caught, never crashed or flown in harsh conditions, stored in genuine DJI hardcase etc etc.
I'm outside of warranty but less than 5 hours flight time on the thing!
After reading many other posts on the issue I'm going to split the shell and go the super glue and baking powder route to reinforce all motor mounts..... and then buy an Inspire 1!!
This will just be my backup quad after repairs, no confidence in the Phantoms whatsoever now!

I don’t get the reason to hand catch and stress 1 leg out . They are so easy to just land .

I don't get why hand catching would stress out 1 leg? The quad should easily cope with being carried / handled by human hands.
They certainly are easy to land.... if you have a flat area with no obstructions / long grass etc... which is rarely the case for me.

Remember there only plastic , and the legs at best are flimsy , you would agree there , well l think they are , stress cracks although not all are getting them , l can see why they do , those motors for what they are , are pretty powerful , and the mounting arms do cop a bit of a workout .. it’s not a biggie to reinforce them . And a relatively quick fix .

Remember there only plastic , and the legs at best are flimsy , you would agree there , well l think they are , stress cracks although not all are getting them , l can see why they do , those motors for what they are , are pretty powerful , and the mounting arms do cop a bit of a workout .. it’s not a biggie to reinforce them . And a relatively quick fix .

Yes I agree with you... the plastic is flimsy and brittle... but it shouldn't be.
I agree with you... those arms will take some stress from those powerful motors... and so they should be designed / produced to cope with it.
With regards to it being a quick fix to reinforce them... well I really shouldn't be having to redesign / repair a quadcopter retailing at £1000 after less than 5 hours use.
Although it's not a huge task for myself to carry out the repairs and reinforcing work personally, I can well imagine many an 'average' consumer would find it a very daunting task to start pulling apart their Phantom and pouring in bonding agents etc!
Bottom line is these quads shouldn't be cracking under normal use!
I'd never expect one to withstand a crash or even a fall from a couple of feet as they are a delicate piece of equipment but they clearly have an issue with this cheap plastic going brittle and not being up to the job.
I've always treated my P3A as a high value piece of photographic equipment like a DSLR, you can't expect to drop it and it be ok..... as such it really has been babied and has no reason to have stress fractures.

I agree that it shouldn’t be cracking / fatiguing at all and yes especially for the amount we paid for them .. l don’t know how good there quality assurance is at the phantom factory in China but if it’s like other products that come out of that country well , you know what l mean ..

I agree that it shouldn’t be cracking / fatiguing at all and yes especially for the amount we paid for them .. l don’t know how good there quality assurance is at the phantom factory in China but if it’s like other products that come out of that country well , you know what l mean ..
Yeah, they're the same as all those other crappily built Chinese products, like Apple, Dell, Canon, Nikon, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Makita, Fuji, HP, Epson, Seiko, Microsoft, Nintendo, Casio, Sonos, Pure, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Sennheiser etc. etc... Rubbish, all of 'em....

I didn’t say that everything manufactured in China is questionable , firstly the way things have panned out we rely more than heavily on products from this country due to its cheap labour cost , you know must make the share holders richer . And the company’s you just mentioned are highly regulated . But you know that also l am gathering or were just interested in just posting a smart comment ...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20