Please help, did I brick my Phantom?

Reaction score
So I made the mistake of ruining my motors by using mounting screws that were too long. Ruined the coils. I started the drone a couple of times and it had errors initially before I found out what was wrong. Not sure if the screws in the coils shorted anything out.

I ordered new motors, the correct motors (triple checked with DJI AND the seller). Installed the motors and my phantom takes off PERFECTLY.

But after 5 seconds of flight, i see 4 red lights and the "Battery Error" message in the top left of the DJI Go App. When the error hits, the battery status screen all goes to n/a and the phantom lands itself. All four red lights underneath the phantom are solid when this happens.

I've double checked my solder connections with the motors. They are all re-glued down with liquid electrical tape just like DJI had them originally so they dont shake loose. I look at the battery levels before the error has a chance to show up and it looks pretty good as far as I can tell (please check the attached image below).

I contacted camrise who I bought the motors from, and they are suggesting its a bad ESC board, althought I've not received a single ESC board error. Another guy said the battery could be bad now since I unknowingly ran it with the broken motors.

I also have test running the battery completely down and recharging it to see if I could possibly get it to reset in case that was an issue.

So my questions are this:

1. Should I buy a new battery and test that?
  2. If it IS the ESC board is it possible I wouldnt get an ESC error?
  3. Is there a way to use that NAZA app or something to run some sort of tests on teh board to check for failures?
Thanks guys, I'm dying here I wanna take this thing on vacation with my family so bad, but dont have a bunch of $$$ to buy a new one. any help would be amazing!!

Attachments

• batt-2.png
    batt-2.png
    682.1 KB · Views: 539
Possibly a poor data connection with the battery or the battery may not be fully seated. Are the four data connections (pins) for the battery clean and do they still feel springy when you push them in?

Reactions: JoBe and Jmack
Possibly a poor data connection with the battery or the battery may not be fully seated. Are the four data connections (pins) for the battery clean and do they still feel springy when you push them in?
Yep, absolutely. Checked that first thing.

Another caveat I've noticed with this, is that when i fly while it DOES throw the battery error, Ill fly up 100 ft, then the battery error disappears fly down to 5 feet it comes back on... i think it has a lot to do with load, when i stop it at a certain height, it stresses the motors to stop. when i drop and the lights go green, the load is less.

i keep coming back to this being an issue with the motors and the load they're putting on teh system or battery. maybe its a bad battery? I dont know... are those levels in the pic acceptable?

anyone else in your area with drone? try their battery for a flight.
But having a second battery is never a bad thing, unless you needed the money for a part to fly the drone.

Reactions: Jmack
anyone else in your area with drone? try their battery for a flight.
But having a second battery is never a bad thing, unless you needed the money for a part to fly the drone.
Not that I know of.ill get one from Best Buy today and see what happens

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav