Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

In fact I also put back original 2.4Ghz antennas. They are actually very good.

This is what I found inside the "pseudo argtek" antenna I bought cheap from china.

IMG_0253.JPG

This is pure crap, and I'm going to paint it green and throw it into bushes so nobody will ever see it again.

Original antennas are 100 times better. The're now back in my remote and I'm very happy with them.

i built (it was a pain in the as but cheap) two 2,4 ghz 5 turn helical antennas for the remote, and two 2.4 ghz cloverleafs for the copter, using ibcrazys very elaborated tutorials (and use a bought 5,8 11dbi patch) and reach 2,5km with absolute fluid video, and i dont care that the antennas are ugly and big an heavy, but the limit is the 5.8 so (the 2,4 would go much much further, without any scriptmod) and boosting the 5,8
using a 30$ china booster would be unelegant, much better would be the resistor thing, very interesting, thanks for any piece of new information on that topic.

Last edited:
i built (it was a pain in the as but cheap) two 2,4 ghz 5 turn helical antennas for the remote, and two 2.4 ghz cloverleafs for the copter, using ibcrazys very elaborated tutorials (and use a bought 5,8 11dbi patch) and reach 2,5km and i dont care that the antennas are ugly and big an heavy, but the limit is the 5.8 so (the 2,4 would go much much further, without any scriptmod) and boosting the 5,8
using a 30$ china booster would be unelegant, much better would be the resistor thing, very interesting, thanks for any piece of new information on that topic.

I'm pretty sure it can be done by just tweaking the voltage bias on the amp itself.
I'd need a 5.8Ghz RF meter for that, otherwise it's like walking in the fog...
They're quite expensive. Cheapest one from Immersion is about 150 Euro.
Has anyone got a spare one to lend ? :)

With argtek 7dbm is only about 150m, 300m on stock antenna.
argtek is barely better than stock antennas, dbs mod is also not too good, and this fpvcustoms etc fancy stuff is hellish expensive for just a few windings of copper wire.

Last edited:
There are (were) also 1W replacement board. Or rather simplified version of 5.8 board which outputs constant 1W
My friend SingLag sent me this couple weeks ago.
I was not able to locate one on the net however. Anyone can read Chinese ?

1WTRASMITTER.jpg

Reactions: Argonaise
I'm pretty sure it can be done by just tweaking the voltage bias on the amp itself.
I'd need a 5.8Ghz RF meter for that, otherwise it's like walking in the fog...
They're quite expensive. Cheapest one from Immersion is about 150 Euro.
Has anyone got a spare one to lend ? :)

didnt build it yet, but there is a easy diy swr meter with just a microwave diode and a few smd parts, measuring is done with a multimeter via voltage output, it works for 5,8 , but for swr functionality needs a directional coupler (30-60$ used on ebay) but with no need for swr and only measuring (more like eyeballing)
the rf output not even the directional coupler is needed:

SWR meter - Do it yourself project

like obove, but readymade circuit:
RF Detector - SMA - ivc store - fpv gear and electronics

didnt build it yet, but there is a easy diy swr meter with just a microwave diode and a few smd parts, measuring is done with a multimeter via voltage output, it works for 5,8 , but for swr functionality needs a directional coupler (30-60$ used on ebay) but with no need for swr and only measuring (more like eyeballing)
the rf output not even the directional coupler is needed:

SWR meter - Do it yourself project

like obove, but readymade circuit:
RF Detector - SMA - ivc store - fpv gear and electronics

Thanks. I'll look into building one myself.
The readymade circuit looks very nice however it's spec show
  • Minimum input power: 20dBm (100mW)
I think the Phantom RC outputs around 25mW (14dBm).
Thanks again.

These are my findings so far.
I measured 0.4V at what I think is the Pdet. It would translate nicely to 14dBm according to some other similar chip specs.
Removing all those unneeded capasitors should bring up input level at the amp which should also result higher output. Also after amp there are multiple caps and a filter (?) than are not needed.

*** by "not needed" I mean I refer to the simplified chinese replacement board which you can find just couple posts up :
Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...
Original phantom board was design with additional connectors which are not being used for mass production. Therefore they got replaced with line of caps. Each cap reduces power tiny bit.

tx58board.jpg

Last edited:
Is it not easier to boost the 5.8 ghz signal with cheap amplifier like this one?
1pc-5-8Ghz-FPV-Transmitter-RF-Signal-Amplifier-amp-For-Airplane-Helicopter-Model.jpg

(Like singlag did)

Is it not easier to boost the 5.8 ghz signal with cheap amplifier like this one?
1pc-5-8Ghz-FPV-Transmitter-RF-Signal-Amplifier-amp-For-Airplane-Helicopter-Model.jpg

(Like singlag did)
I ordered one of these also. Should be here any day now.
The problem with it is that you'll need additional power supply of minimum 5V.
I also have 3.7 to 5 DC to DC inverter board that can handle up to 3A at 5V.
I'm planning to use internal battery which is 3.7V, but I'm affraid this is gonna draw a lot of current. Will deplete the internal battery twice as fast as normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ojcze Nasz
This is what I found inside the "pseudo argtek" antenna I bought cheap from china.

View attachment 58921

This is pure crap, and I'm going to paint it green and throw it into bushes so nobody will ever see it again.

Original antennas are 100 times better. The're now back in my remote and I'm very happy with them.

for antenna, i found some good stuff
2.4ghz dual input
2.4G定向双菱天线 大疆精灵增程天线 DJI精灵 悟 Q500天线改装

5.8ghz 15dbi
5.8G 15dbi平板天线 5.8G 15dB平板天线 秒杀14dbi平板 厂家直销

Last edited:
you guys should watch my Samsung drop test from my phantom 3 standard
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Ojcze Nasz

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic