Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

by changing the country to BO, it should allow us to set txpower to 33dbm (1Watt !!)
I'm not 100% sure and will try after enable telnet, my phantom default is FCC mode, so I can just set txpower on the fly....much safe

I think the hardware limit is 27dBm, +3 for the antenna, that gives 30dBm which is 1 Watt.
But if you really want to try then set it to BO.
Command via telnet is

iw reg set BO

Test it and let us know. Good luck, don't burn your remote.

Reactions: AngryBird
Well, you can't be blamed for trying to improve knowledges about this drone and its system... You did a very great job so far and we're all aware of the risks that occur in such procedure.

So now we have to think about how to proceed safely or at least in a way that won't brick devices definitely. I think if the telnet method allow you to restore config with reboot it's worth a try.

we have to modify the rcS file
Brilliant work Ojcze!

This made me wonder if the range of channels gets expanded to the extra few in the USA? Maybe you have found the '32-channel hack' for the Standard? ;-)

really though, I think you need to get out there and fly your new toy!

Have fun and safe flying!

Terry

set country to US,.it will enable fcc.mode and channel 12-14 is disabled

if set to JP, fcc mode still here, and channel 12-14 will be enabled, by using channel 14, it may less inteference with other wifi, but tx power is limited at 20dbm

IMG_0116.JPG
Phantom 3 hackers cheat sheet ;)

Last edited:
we have to modify the rcS file

set country to US,.it will enable fcc.mode and channel 12-14 is disabled

if set to JP, fcc mode still here, and channel 12-14 will be enabled, by using channel 14, it may less inteference with other wifi, but tx power is limited at 20dbm

I agree, Channel 14 is a non-overlapping channel at the high end of the band.
In dense residential areas with many wifi's you'll probably get better video reception on Ch 14 with 20dBm than Ch 2 with 27dBm

Channel 2 is set as default on mine. I'm thinking about changing also.
Make sure you switch your drone to JP first, otherwise it will not be able to see remote on channel 14.

To change country regulation

iw reg set JP

iw reg get <- to check.

To adjust trasmit power
iw dev wlan0 set txpower fixed 2700

I agree, Channel 14 is a non-overlapping channel at the high end of the band.
In dense residential areas with many wifi's you'll probably get better video reception on Ch 14 with 20dBm than Ch 2 with 27dBm

Channel 2 is set as default on mine. I'm thinking about changing also.
Make sure you switch your drone to JP first, otherwise it will not be able to see remote on channel 14.

To change country regulation

iw reg set JP

iw reg get <- to check.

To adjust trasmit power
iw dev wlan0 set txpower fixed 2700

my drone/remote will switch to different channel when i reboot, sometime it is channel 2, sometime channel 6
may be we need to lock the channel to 14 ?

In addition to power levels, it is also important to know how the 802.11 protocol acknowledges each received frame. If the acknowledgement is not received, the frame is re-transmitted. By default, the maximum distance between transmitter and receiver is 1.6 km (1 mi). On longer distances the delay will force retransmissions. So we can tuning "time out value" ?

Packet fragmentation can also be used to improve throughput in noisy/congested conditions.
We can use a lower MTU size in noisy conditions for better video downstream ?

PS : rts and mtu already fine tune by DJI, found iw phy phy0 set rts off and iw phy phy0 set frag 256 at rcS

Last edited:
Russian video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do not use a Microsoft Word to edit the file in Windows.

Hi Ojcze Nasz. Your video on youtube seems to be gone. Is it possible to re-upload?

Keep up the great work :grinning:

OK Guys !!! Done it right , I'm back on FCC.

I actually enabled telnet on my phantom to check ;)
Yes, it's doable, very easy indeed. Going to test it right now.

BusyBox v1.22.1 (2015-11-16 16:28:58 CST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/ # iw reg get
country US: DFS-FCC
(2402 - 2472 @ 40), (N/A, 30), (N/A)
(5170 - 5250 @ 80), (N/A, 17), (N/A)
(5250 - 5330 @ 80), (N/A, 23), (0 ms), DFS
(5735 - 5835 @ 80), (N/A, 30), (N/A)
(57240 - 63720 @ 2160), (N/A, 40), (N/A)
/ #

All you need to modify is to add following at the end rc script.

I'm not sure which one is what so I modified all four of them. No harm doing all of them cuz they're most likely used in different instances of init.
However these are the files you need to modify :

/etc/init.d/rcS
/etc/init.d/rcS_ap
/etc/init.d/rcS_aphand
/etc/init.d/rcS_cli <--- probably do not even need this one...

Simply add "iw reg set US" without quotes at the VERY END of each file in new line.

Reboot and enjoy your full power device ;)

Good luck.

Hello my friend.. can you please tell me what is the exact line or lines we should add to end of the rcS files.... now i m in FTP.. so if you can tell me now.. I really appreciate that... Thanks

Hello my friend.. can you please tell me what is the exact line or lines we should add to end of the rcS files.... now i m in FTP.. so if you can tell me now.. I really appreciate that... Thanks

/etc/init.d/rcS

Watch the video, I made the filenames in colored blue, but it looks like i might need to revise the video and make the filenames blinking red or something ;P

/etc/init.d/rcS

Watch the video, I made the filenames in colored blue, but it looks like i might need to revise the video and make the filenames blinking red or something ;P

Thank you very much I will watch it now..

/etc/init.d/rcS

SO my friend, According your video the only file we should change is "rcS" we can ignore
/etc/init.d/rcS_ap /etc/init.d/rcS_aphand , right??????? and also the only thing we need to do is change GB to OK .... Am I right my friend??????

SO my friend, According your video the only file we should change is "rcS" we can ignore
/etc/init.d/rcS_ap /etc/init.d/rcS_aphand , right??????? and also the only thing we need to do is change GB to OK .... Am I right my friend??????
Yes. This should do the trick.

I asked it because that Russian guy changes "GB to OK " in all the files bro....

I asked it because that Russian guy changes "GB to OK " in all the files bro....

In my personal opinion changing only rcS should be sufficient. However try it and test it. If doesn't work modify the other files.
I'm not sure as I first edited all of them, then I realized I probably didn't have to, but I wrote instructions so i left it like that.
Please test it and let us know.

Reactions: AngryBird
Do not use Windows to be more precise. There were two bricked controls so far.

Bro please bare with me about asking this.. Is it OK if I change all the files
In my personal opinion changing only rcS should be sufficient. However try it and test it. If doesn't work modify the other files.
I'm not sure as I first edited all of them, then I realized I probably didn't have to, but I wrote instructions so i left it like that.
Please test it and let us know.

OK bro thanks I will test it and I will tell you guys.., Thank you very much for helping me/./.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers