Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

hey bro dont need buy a remote.. if you are using 1.6.8 firmware then download 1.5.7 firmware. and put it in to a SD card. turn on the remote, turn on the aircraft, and then put the SD card to drone.. then I will downgrade the firmware in to 1.5.7+ so all the thing you made will be fixed.. you can do this because you are only loosing video feed...
Good idea it's worth a try!

Here are the previous Firmware binaries: DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

My test results today

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Control signal actually cut off at around 1400 meters. 100m high.
But I was still getting nice video and current telemetrics data all along the way.

Check out the screenshots. The control signal is 8% and video still at 100%.
That's the power of 27dBm ;)

Stock antennas BTW.

I'm happy with it now. 1km range is just about what I expected from it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1246m away 100m up - Control signal still OK, video Perfect
IMG_0117.PNG

1390m away 100m up - Control signal low , video Perfect
IMG_0118.PNG

1340m away 100m up - Control signal gone, video Perfect :) 100%
IMG_0119.PNG

Last edited:
My test results today

But I was still getting nice video and current telemetrics data all along the way.

View attachment 56694 View attachment 56695 View attachment 56696

Awesome bro, please tell me what is the firmware version you use, it is 1.6.8???

My test results today

Stock antennas BTW.

View attachment 56694 View attachment 56695 View attachment 56696
This is awesome. I'm looking forward for the return of my drone. Thumbs up for all you've done, your work has open an entire field of new possibilities.

My test results today

Stock antennas BTW.

Well done!....

This should also solve the range issue caused by the latest FW and DJI GO app on IOS.

I
would be mad to spend another 300 USD for flashy looking antennas like that.
22000 ft ? How did the drone come back lol ?

and bro did yoy buy litchi app or do you have any .apk file that supports for P3S .. I HAVE ONE ,.. but there is p3s model..

I have Autopilot beta for free for another 50 days or so. I don't like it. I used it few times. I has good features and all but seems ackward to set it up properly.

I bough Litchi 2 days ago and I'm extremely happy with the ease of use and clarity of user interface.
It has pretty much same features as autopilot as far as I can tell. At least very close to it.

Now, the DJI GO, I only used to activate the device and probably once more after that. It's total crap. It seems to struggle with everything. It takes ages to open it up, you have to go thru SKIP commercial first loool. Total crap. I could never calibrate the compass with it.

So to sum up. Go for Litchi, well worth the $20.

Last edited:
I have Autopilot beta for free for another 50 days or so. I don't like it. I used it few times. I has good features and all but seems ackward to set it up properly.

I bough Litchi 2 days ago and I'm extremely happy with the ease of use and clarity of user interface.
I has pretty much same features as autopilot as far as I can tell. At least very close to it.

Now, the DJI GO, I only used to activate the device and probably once more after that. It's total crap. It seems to struggle with everything. It takes ages to open it up, you have to go thru SKIP commercial first loool. Total crap. I could never calibrate the compass with it.

So to sum up. Go for Litchi, well worth the $20.

Hey bro you know what I did it.. I used your rcs files to get 27mW, and everything was completed nicely. this time I used windows 10 and FileZilla FTP client.. now it s 11pm here// I will test it tomorrow morning... Hope the signal issue will be solved

Sir, the problem is when I updated to 1.6.80 , that firmware reduced my range, and there are lot of other people having this issue.. even today I could only fly 40-60m only.. after that always signal loss and return to home. there are no any interference or obstruction.. all the things came with this bad firmware.. so I thought trying something is better than nothing.. and I will test it tomorrow morning and I will tell you..

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Guys !!! Done it right , I'm back on FCC.

I actually enabled telnet on my phantom to check ;)
Yes, it's doable, very easy indeed. Going to test it right now.

BusyBox v1.22.1 (2015-11-16 16:28:58 CST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/ # iw reg get
country US: DFS-FCC
(2402 - 2472 @ 40), (N/A, 30), (N/A)
(5170 - 5250 @ 80), (N/A, 17), (N/A)
(5250 - 5330 @ 80), (N/A, 23), (0 ms), DFS
(5735 - 5835 @ 80), (N/A, 30), (N/A)
(57240 - 63720 @ 2160), (N/A, 40), (N/A)
/ #

All you need to modify is to add following at the end rc script.

I'm not sure which one is what so I modified all four of them. No harm doing all of them cuz they're most likely used in different instances of init.
However these are the files you need to modify :

/etc/init.d/rcS
/etc/init.d/rcS_ap
/etc/init.d/rcS_aphand
/etc/init.d/rcS_cli <--- probably do not even need this one...

Simply add "iw reg set US" without quotes at the VERY END of each file in new line.

Reboot and enjoy your full power device ;)

Good luck.

Is this additional step besides changing "GB" to "OK" just like in your video?

How do I get the 27dbm? Is it automatically after changing GB to OK?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is this additional step besides changing "GB" to "OK" just like in your video?

How do I get the 2700dbm? Is it automatically after changing GB to OK?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

As I saw, for the new coding he had also added some lines to convert from CE to FCC without changing GB to OK.. so if you are going to use his "rcS" files.. then there won't be any problem..I just did it.. if you want the RCS files.. just look page 4 or 5 in this thread..

Use my rcS files for reference. They're few posts up.
All you really need is to do is to fool the script not to load driver with parameter (cert_country) - for that you need to change GB to OK.
However just to be sure I also added two lines at the very end of rcS

iw reg set US
iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700

Remember you must change 2700 according you your country's policy ;P

Reactions: TDKUK
I didn't say they don't work. I know they do from my other experience with wifi (not drone).
They are however way too expensive, and no...they will not give you flight distance of 22000 ft....not on this earth my friend.
Beg to differ but in fact there are multiple videos out there demonstrate flights up to 11 miles so any further discussion with you is pointless as it is clear you are a member of the clueless club. Enjoy and best of luck, donnie

Beg to differ but in fact there are multiple videos out there demonstrate flights up to 11 miles so any further discussion with you is pointless. Enjoy and best of luck, donnie

Just go sell them some place else. This topic is about adjusting TX power.

Reactions: TDKUK
Mr. Nasz, sir you are a legend.

I want to try out your mod, but im afraid of 'frying' my controller like others have.

I have read this entire thread about three times, and I understand there are different steps to undertake to change it to FCC mode. The video by the Russian dude required changes to various files which you clarified. However, you're video doesnt include the steps which you have just updated lastly by adding two more lines to the file.

Could I please humbly request you to make one consolidated tutorial on what all needs to be done. I am quite amateur at coding/scripting and I shall be using some FTP Client (FileZilla as suggested) on a Windows Laptop to download whatever file, edit it (using Notepad++ which I have just downloaded) and upload the edited file back on the aircraft as well as the remote.

My request is only in light of the fact that if I mess anything up, I will not be able to afford another controller, let alone another quad.

Sir, the problem is when I updated to 1.6.80 , that firmware reduced my range, and there are lot of other people having this issue.. even today I could only fly 40-60m only.. after that always signal loss and return to home. there are no any interference or obstruction.. all the things came with this bad firmware.. so I thought trying something is better than nothing.. and I will test it tomorrow morning and I will tell you..
Mr Dilan, Assuming it is the firmware update you might consider backing out and load the last firmware you were using. You can do this from the go app with a clean sd card as you used to add the latest update you did. Anyway it does allow you to go back on step at a time. regards, donnie

Mr Dilan, Assuming it is the firmware update you might consider backing out and load the last firmware you were using. You can do this from the go app with a clean sd card as you used to add the latest update you did. Anyway it does allow you to go back on step at a time. regards, donnie

No sir, believe me,, I have tried everything.. and I have a phantom 3 standard.. officially P3S does not allow to downgrade so when I put 1.5.7 in to SD card and try to downgrade, it completed but after that firmware shows as 1.5.7+ and the problem is still there and we can downgrade only one step.. that is the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31