Phantom 3 + Samsung Gear VR

Can I use Gear VR to FPV with the P3?

• Total voters
I just got a gear vr for my Galaxy s6 edge. I heard you can use the litchi app with the gear vr, but it requires you to make a hole to plug the USB cable in. I can't figure out where to do this. Does anybody have any pictures of a gear vr with the USB cable cutout ?

It's going to really suck when the app crashes while wearing goggles.

This is why HDMI+Goggles is better than App+Goggles.

Reactions: Borntofly
I think the USB port is charging only and no data pass through

No sure Just need to test them out when you get them. I don't think you can cut a hole in them as when the phone clips in to place it sits right on the plug to connect the goggles to the phone. Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.

As I have a iphone I have had to go the HDMI module and headplay way.

Has anyone gotten this to work? I have a galaxy S6 and the Samsung Gear VR too, wanted to know if this would work for FPV flying.

Remember there's a v2 of the gear coming soon. I think it's half the price
That's true, its going to be 20% lighter and won't have the top head strap but thats the only difference. BestBuy in the states is actually selling the older one for the S6 and S6 Edge for 99 right now too.

Hi guys. VR using litchi and the Samsung VR is absolutely amazing. It does require a mod so that anot her USB cable can be integrated from the other side of the goggles. This works well as the original USB input does not need to be removed so all normal VR functions remain.
FB_IMG_1443686932105.jpg

The photo of the mall parts are all the bits that are not necessary so you can create a gap for the USB cable. (I used a soldering iron to burn a hole)
FB_IMG_1443207156582.jpg
FB_IMG_1443207156582.jpg
20150925_205329.jpg

The photo of the mall parts are all the bits that are not necessary so you can create a gap for the USB cable. (I used a soldering iron to burn a hole)View attachment 35639 View attachment 35639 View attachment 35640

Hey Cameron, can you give me a quick rundown of the steps you too to integrate the cable?? I'm about to pick up the new VR when it comes out and I want to understand what has been working for people as far as VR hacks go! Thanks.

I use fpc camera and dronevr app to split the live feed in two. Dronevr has option for full screen view. I havent tried it outside yt but looks more immersive than others

I have a P3 and got a set of the Gear VR (note 4 version). Can anyone provide the complete steps I need to do in order to get setup for FPV? I can handle the mod but I can't find any complete details on what is being modded to make this work. Is there a USB connection inside the VR goggles that is actually covered up by the outer casing? Any simple step by step details will be fully appreciated.

Reactions: kookydo
Just Bought a Samsung Gear VR for the S6 Edge. Is there any way to FPV with the P3 using the Gear VR? Is there a DJI Pilot app on the Oculus store?

If not, Is DJI working on this?

Found this app on google play called Dream Flights for Android, it seem your Phantom 3 Pro/Adv or Inspire 1 can be controlled by head & body movements with real time Video feed from the camera, there are three versions Demo is for free, Lite & full version charged, here is the link for the Lite on google play Dream Flights - Android Apps on Google Play have not tried it but would like to know if anyone has or what they think

Hello everyone,
I can see everybody is trying to get their gear VR to work but we are unable to find a straight answer haha.
can anyone please explain in a video or explain the step by step on what to do and what kind of modification needs to be done to the VR?
I already have S6 edge + Samsung Gear Vr + Litchi app ..
do I need another mini USB cable or something ? do I need the HDMI module?

I don't have Gear VR but what's the issue?

Following steps should work:

1. Install app such as litchi on your phone
2. Run the app on phone
3. Connect RC USB to phone
4. Start RC and P3
5. Switch to VR part of app
6. Place phone in Gear VR

I don't understand what mod Cameron is doing on his gear and why?

I remember 2 problems with Samsung Gear VR were reported by some guys on this forum:
1) unable to launch any VR app other than from Samsung's pool
2) USB connector on the Gear allows only charging but not transfer data
Never tried Gear myself so can't confirm the above - so would like to know either it true or not..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31