Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.6.0040

Well I have had over 300 flights last summer no problems have flown in -10 C still no problems I don't want reduced power so I am not doing this new update for what my p3 is just fine

Reactions: aka1ceman
Can't gains be adjusted to emulate the new behavior of flight to mostly produce the same behavior?

Well I'm reading forum threads but so far all I can find is one saying his speed reduction was "drastic .. but then went on to say he achieved 36mph.
He gave no numbers to back up his claim about acceleration and no-one else joined in to say they were also seeing sluggish performance.
Out of the hundreds of thousands of users, I'd expect that there are quite a few that have updated ... but how many complaining?
And how many with a real complaint with real numbers rather than something vague like .. it seems a bit slower

You're only looking for confirmation of your delusion that DJI is crippling your P3 and that's all you'll see.
Go flying sometime and enjoy your P3 rather than constantly whinging about your imaginary restrictions.
Actually there ARE other people who have had nothing but unstable hovers since 1.1.9, but after a while no one wants to listen. I don't have numbers but that doesn't make my complaint invalid.
And Btw, if you imply that without numbers the complaint somehow means less, how about applying the same logic to those that say there is no difference in speeds with the latest update - nobody has applied numbers to those statements yet you (and I) accept them at face value. Seems a little unfair and inconsistent.

Reactions: Mordor
Regarding the Minnesota city ordinance banning all drone use: from reading of the whole thing it seems they were more concerned with the police use of drones to gather evidence to be used against one in court, and the potential for using drones as weapons. i.e., the ord. says if anyone, police included, use it without a warrant they'll be guilty of a misdemeanor, first time, felony second time.

Re possibility that dji is changing firmware to restrict flying, whether its zones, altitude, or distance, there's a built in conflict between the ultimate freedom we all want to fly anywhere our little heart desires, and the freedom we want to be able to fly the critter at all. That conflict will only get hotter with the new crop of Christmas fliers, many of whom will likely fly high and far till their P3 gets them (and us) in trouble.

hmm, where's that Quadcopters Pilot Association when we need it?

If only we could control stupidity, eliminate the a-holes in life things would be so much better...you will never stop the people who do stupid ****, no laws or FAA rules will stop them...laws and regulations only effect the law abiding and responsible people...these same stupid people come on forums and go on social media posting videos and bragging about the stupid **** they do and people complain when companies like DJI set limits in there software in order to protect themselves...fly responsibly and we will all enjoy this hobby alot more...that's just my opinion...but hey, like I said you can't fix stupid!

Can't gains be adjusted to emulate the new behavior of flight to mostly produce the same behavior?
Bump. Let's try and stay on topic please. This is a firmware thread.

Every time I upgrade firmware I get more features for free and better performance out my p3p Dji are the world leader for a reason.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Updated completed now we'll see what's gonna happen its -15C however I did notice one of my batteries had 85-% life after update 95% hhhhmmmm ok

Just upgraded to 1.6.0040 on my p3p and now can't access the camera. The text file from the upgrade shows success. The App says it is connected however when I click on camera the app thinks for about 30 sec and dies. I tried downgrading and now experience the same problem.

Steve

Every time I upgrade firmware I get more features for free and better performance out my p3p Dji are the world leader for a reason.
So I guess you didn't notice the vertical accent speed went from 11mph at full throttle to 5 or 6 mph with the latest 1.6 firmware. That's not better performance in my book.

There are other alternative solutions DJI could have implemented. They could have maintained the 11mph vertical accent speed with a fresh full charged battery, THEN if any of the cells reached 3.2V, that could have triggered a reduction of the accent speed down to 5mph, as well as muted horizontal acceleration. This would have accomplished the same goal of never pulling a cell below 3.0volts, hence triggering battery protection that shuts off the power. However, they chose to reduce acceleration and ascent speeds for any battery charge level. Disappointing.

Has anyone heard if DJI removed the battery protection SHUT DOWN routine altogether?

Last edited:
And Btw, if you imply that without numbers the complaint somehow means less, how about applying the same logic to those that say there is no difference in speeds with the latest update - nobody has applied numbers to those statements yet you (and I) accept them at face value. Seems a little unfair and inconsistent.
No inconsistency at all John ... look in the Drastic speed reduction with 1.6 thread and you'll see that I'm asking for someone to bring up some actual numbers.

So I guess you didn't notice the vertical accent speed went from 11mph at full throttle to 5 or 6 mph with the latest 1.6 firmware. That's not better performance in my book.
Finally someone with actual numbers!
JL, are those numbers from your own flight?
If so under what temperature conditions and do you see the same performance in different conditions?

No inconsistency at all John ... look in the Drastic speed reduction with 1.6 thread and you'll see that I'm asking for someone to bring up some actual numbers.
Hmm, what I was saying was that you consistently ask people who claim a problem to prove it, but not people who claim all is well. But im breaking my own rule of never arguing with cops, airline staff and mods.

Not unfair and completely consistent .. look at this thread: Drastic speed reduction with new Firmware | DJI Phantom Forum where I'm asking for actual numbers rather than accept the first post complaining of a drastic speed reduction.
Someone saying my Phantom seems to be faster/slower etc is non-information and to get past any misinformation or invalid assumptions, I would always want to get actual numbers to work out what really happened rather than what someone thinks might have happened.

I upgraded my new P3 Adv. from 1.19 to this build and the process was flawless and the drone is performing very well. Hovers in heavy wind today were remarkably stable and in my garage hovering was without vibration. My P3 Adv. is an older built with the original motors and I do not know if that make any difference or not. The upgrade path was 1.19 to 1.32, and then to 1.6.0050. I flew it for a very brief amount of time on 1.19 and it seemed to be very stable, but I cannot see any difference between that older firmware and the newer update as far as stability. I will update when the weather here in Tennessee passes.

Well I did update it does seem to hover better but vertical lift is reduced as for battery performance have new battery only 2 charges does not seem to be any better.going to do more flights and see

Not unfair and completely consistent .. look at this thread: Drastic speed reduction with new Firmware | DJI Phantom Forum where I'm asking for actual numbers rather than accept the first post complaining of a drastic speed reduction.
Someone saying my Phantom seems to be faster/slower etc is non-information and to get past any misinformation or invalid assumptions, I would always want to get actual numbers to work out what really happened rather than what someone thinks might have happened.
I did see that thread before I commented.
I applaud the sentiments but just thought you were being a little harsh with mordor.
(I'm one of the people who saw their P3P hover literally on a dime with the 1.1.9 fw, and never since. I miss that. I would elaborate but it would turn into a thread hijack..)

Reactions: Mordor
For people reporting speed changes, have you confirmed that your expos and gains are at or back at default please? If there is a reduction in speed, I would think those previous tweaks could make it more noticeable than if running with defaults. I'd still like to know if the same flight behavior in 1.6 could be equaled by adjusting expos in a previous firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures