Phantom 4 Pro V2 is now RID compliant

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
A new firmware update was just released to add RID support to the Phantom 4 Pro. See more details in the release notes here.

• Love
Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
You don't see what where?

I don't see a new firmware or anything in the pdf about a new firmware or I am blind.

Ok. I see it in the .pdf now. I had to re-download as it opened an old version of mine. But where is the actual firmware?

Did you follow the directions in the firmware release notes?

I was looking for the actual firmware file on the website and don't see it. Do I need to connect the bird to a computer and check for updates?

Will I be able to update the DJI Go 4 on my plus controller with screen? I remember not being able to do that.

I am going to have to dig out my drone from storage and try this out.

Will I be able to update the DJI Go 4 on my plus controller with screen?
No, but you can install new remote controller firmware -- which also updates DJI GO 4 when updates are available.

Since you're using that remote controller, the update will be even easier. Power everything on and install all available updates when prompted to do so on the screen. And make sure your remote controller is connected to the Internet so it can find the new firmware updates.

Any word on the Phantom 4 Advanced?
According to what DJI posted here, it looks like an update for the Phantom 4 advanced will not be released.

Same here Cavepig. Was glad that it only cost $90 and was delivered the second day. FAA approved too.
Will be switching from Mavic Pro v1 to P4P v1. They only sent one white Velcro, but I'm buying some heavy duty black Velcro. don't want to loose the RID.

That's what thought. Looks like I'll be hanging on to my Holy Stone RID mod that I just purchased. Thank you.
Just ordered mine yesterday along with the Holy Stone RID holder for Phantoms from Etsy, clamps to the leg so far away from gps.

Just ordered mine yesterday along with the Holy Stone RID holder for Phantoms from Etsy, clamps to the leg so far away from gps.
If attaching to a Phantom, I read it might interfere with connection with controller since antenna is in the legs.

OK. I downloaded, updated, checked the Go 4 and everything seems to be working right, but when I turn on my phone to check if it is working, I get nothing.

Reactions: DaveR1977
Downloaded and installed as well. Have the new 4.3.60 on my plus controller. Hooked up to the computer to verify and says the latest firmware is installed. Had a Fly Safe update. Took it for a flight to see if app Drone Scanner could see it and there was nothing. Go4 shows the AeroScope drop down with UUID and Identification and Flight info. Is this RID? Thought this was there before? If its not RID, where is it as I can't find it in Go4.

Downloaded and installed as well. Have the new 4.3.60 on my plus controller. Hooked up to the computer to verify and says the latest firmware is installed. Had a Fly Safe update. Took it for a flight to see if app Drone Scanner could see it and there was nothing. Go4 shows the AeroScope drop down with UUID and Identification and Flight info. Is this RID? Thought this was there before? If its not RID, where is it as I can't find it in Go4.
That is exactly what I have found. On the Go 4 app it states that Aeroscope is the license RID application provider and that is different that what it used to say, so something has updated, but I have 4 different drone scanners and none of them pick up a signal..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl