Phantom 4 Pro V2 is now RID compliant

Never seen the documents before. Wonder if they messed it up and it should be a range. 2 odd serial numbers that appear to be the first and last of a range.

You can find the documents here.

Other DJI drone models look like this:
1702168268091.png

I'm betting the FAA posted the information incorrectly. If only two serial numbers were really submitted, you'd think that would have been flagged early in the FAA's approval process.

On the FAA website the serial numbers start with 1581F11V000000000000. The 1581f is a prefix that I do not recognize, but my serial number starts with '11U' which precedes '11V'. I am obviously missing something very important here. I have input every combination of serial numbers I can come up with on the FAA website and nothing matches.

EDIT: I just went to page 1 and went through this entire thread slowly and took notes. I now have my wifi signal on my phone. Still have to do the registration exercise, but you guys did a great job on this. I am a 74 year old Boomer with very limited IT skills, so thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starz
1581F = manufacturer. 1581F is DJI.

Not sure on the 11U. I personally think there is an issue with the serial numbers listed on the FAA. Read above.

On the FAA website the serial numbers start with 1581F11V000000000000. The 1581f is a prefix that I do not recognize, but my serial number starts with '11U' which precedes '11V'. I am obviously missing something very important here. I have input every combination of serial numbers I can come up with on the FAA website and nothing matches.

EDIT: I just went to page 1 and went through this entire thread slowly and took notes. I now have my wifi signal on my phone. Still have to do the registration exercise, but you guys did a great job on this. I am a 74 year old Boomer with very limited IT skills, so thanks.
On my Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced, the Remote ID # is the Flight Control # with 1581F added in front.

1581F = manufacturer. 1581F is DJI.

Not sure on the 11U. I personally think there is an issue with the serial numbers listed on the FAA. Read above.
The 11U was the start of the drone serial number, which as it turns out has nothing to do with this. My wifi signal from the drone had 1581Fxxxxxxxxxxxxxx0 where the xxx was the flight controller serial number, so I put that all in on my registration and it all worked. Doing a serial number look-up on the FAA site, I could never find the number that did, eventually, work. I got a signal, I updated my registration, so I am done with RID till it's time to jump through the next set of hoops. This thread made all the difference.

Just adding a note re. the FAA's listing of serial numbers for Phantom 4 Pro v2 ...

On looking closely at the FAA's Phantom page and comparing with similar pages for other models, I totally agree that they are providing a range of serial numbers that are valid; they're just showing it in a different format. For other models it's clearly a range; in the case of the Mavic 3 which shows a range of 1581F45T000000000000 - 1581F45TFFFFFFFFFFFF, I believe it would mean any serial number that starts with "1581F45T" following by 12 characters, which can be either letters or numbers. For the Phantom 4 Pro v2, the range shown is similar: 1581F11V000000000000 - 1581F11VZZZZZZZZZZZZ, i.e. "1581F11V" followed by 12 alphanumeric characters - so basically the same thing. There are only 2 differences, which make it a bit confusing:

-- The Phantom listing doesn't show the range directly on the page, instead you have to click on a link to view it, and then it shows the numbers in a format that makes it less clear that it's a range rather than distinct numbers. But the format of the numbers is so close to the other ones showing a range, that it's clear that this is also a range. Why the page is displayed differently I don't know; maybe the FAA just changed their way of displaying a range of serial numbers at some point.

-- The top of the range ends in ZZZZZZZZZZZZ rather than FFFFFFFFFFFF (which (as far as I can see) is how other DJI ranges are shown). There may be no difference here; they may both just mean 'some combination of 12 alphanumeric characters'. Or perhaps the Phantom serials can contain any letters, whereas the other serials can only contain letters between A and F?

So there are a few things that are confusing here - but overall this clearly indicates that for Phantom 4 Pro v2, any 20-digit string starting with "1581F11V" is a valid serial number.

Attachments

• 1703339438078.png
    1703339438078.png
    106.9 KB · Views: 41
Just adding a note re. the FAA's listing of serial numbers for Phantom 4 Pro v2 ...

On looking closely at the FAA's Phantom page and comparing with similar pages for other models, I totally agree that they are providing a range of serial numbers that are valid; they're just showing it in a different format. For other models it's clearly a range; in the case of the Mavic 3 which shows a range of 1581F45T000000000000 - 1581F45TFFFFFFFFFFFF, I believe it would mean any serial number that starts with "1581F45T" following by 12 characters, which can be either letters or numbers. For the Phantom 4 Pro v2, the range shown is similar: 1581F11V000000000000 - 1581F11VZZZZZZZZZZZZ, i.e. "1581F11V" followed by 12 alphanumeric characters - so basically the same thing. There are only 2 differences, which make it a bit confusing:

-- The Phantom listing doesn't show the range directly on the page, instead you have to click on a link to view it, and then it shows the numbers in a format that makes it less clear that it's a range rather than distinct numbers. But the format of the numbers is so close to the other ones showing a range, that it's clear that this is also a range. Why the page is displayed differently I don't know; maybe the FAA just changed their way of displaying a range of serial numbers at some point.

-- The top of the range ends in ZZZZZZZZZZZZ rather than FFFFFFFFFFFF (which (as far as I can see) is how other DJI ranges are shown). There may be no difference here; they may both just mean 'some combination of 12 alphanumeric characters'. Or perhaps the Phantom serials can contain any letters, whereas the other serials can only contain letters between A and F?

So there are a few things that are confusing here - but overall this clearly indicates that for Phantom 4 Pro v2, any 20-digit string starting with "1581F11V" is a valid serial number.
What I found to be most important is that when you enter a number within that range, on your registration, it accepts it and updates your registration with that number.

Not sure if it works the same but my Air 3 with factory RID constantly give visual and audible notifications of Aircraft when nearby. Have no clue if this firmware is supposed to add that feature but it is pretty neat. Does it mean my Air 3 is broadcasting, no clue…
From my understanding, you could receive the signals, so you know that there is aircraft close by. It does not work with all aircraft.They have to be broadcasting that special signal. Our Air 3 drones do not broadcast that signal but we receive it. Again that’s my understanding. Another thing you can do. To warn other flying aircraft is use your strobe light if you have one
during the day. I live close to an airport, so once I receive my straw, I will be probably using it during the day as well. It’s mandatory at night.

From my understanding, you could receive the signals, so you know that there is aircraft close by. It does not work with all aircraft.They have to be broadcasting that special signal. Our Air 3 drones do not broadcast that signal but we receive it. Again that’s my understanding. Another thing you can do. To warn other flying aircraft is use your strobe light if you have one
during the day. I live close to an airport, so once I receive my straw, I will be probably using it during the day as well. It’s mandatory at night.

This is DJI Air Sense. It is a receiver for ADS-B which some but not all aircraft broadcast.
ADSB is not Remote ID, and sUAS are not allowed to broadcast it.
It's pretty cool that the Mavic 3 Air has it, as DJI used to only have Air Sense for Enterprise sUAS.

The A2 and up use ADSB, nice addition and appreciate knowing there’s traffic nearby. Im surrounded by airports with low flying planes & helos. Many are Coast Guard

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl