Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.6.0040

Anyone flying RC GL300B version, latest firmware with older 1.3.5 firmware on the Phantom?
I upgrade the Radio with the APP but the craft still on 1.3.5 shoul that be ok to fly?

Anyone flying RC GL300B version, latest firmware with older 1.3.5 firmware on the Phantom?
I upgrade the Radio with the APP but the craft still on 1.3.5 shoul that be ok to fly?
There is no 1.3.5.

Hi, you should do a IMU calibration on a flat surface.
I tend to do mine at a 45 degree angle!!o_Ocome on think about it of course you do,its got to be perfectly flat if you have a spirit level use it first on the surface your going to use i.e table!

The .txt file you placed in dropbox is corrupt. That file needs to come from the device used during the flight which the file can be loacted in the DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord/then look for the file in question. Also, I will need the .DAT file which must be downloaded from the aircraft. You must connect your pc to the usb on front of the aircraft, then enable r/c and GO app and go to the part in the menu to enable Flight Logs. You should then be prompted to power up the aircraft at which point you can select the .DAT file to download to your pc.

DJIFlightRecord_2015-10-18_[17-11-36].txt is the actual Flight Log pulled from the controller. The first part of the flight is not recorded correctly (could it be because my iPad had no free memory?) but the part with the freefall from 128 metres down to 59 metres is still intact.

The .DAT file I can never recover since the aircraft was lost. :-( Btw I uploaded the flight log here, don't know if you can gather any more information from it: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Thanks for helping me out btw, reaaly appreciate it! (Y) :-D

DJIFlightRecord_2015-10-18_[17-11-36].txt is the actual Flight Log pulled from the controller. The first part of the flight is not recorded correctly (could it be because my iPad had no free memory?) but the part with the freefall from 128 metres down to 59 metres is still intact.

The .DAT file I can never recover since the aircraft was lost. :-( Btw I uploaded the flight log here, don't know if you can gather any more information from it: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Thanks for helping me out btw, reaaly appreciate it! (Y) :-D

If your ipad had a issue it would have shown up throughout the file, and most likely not even had created the file to begin with.

The file needed to find the type of info you would need is in the DAT file. The HealthyDrone file conversion does not have enough resolution to see much detail. It is extremely bare in comparison to what is actually needed.

The .txt I mentioned in detail on my last post, is located on the device used to fly with. Such as where the GO app is located, your smart phone, or tablet/ipad. There is no files saved on the R/C.

Go here thecutter.net/djiconverter and log in using your dji.com account info. Then scroll the page and download the .txt of the crash. There is a slim chance the info needed is on that file.

So I understand completely...I just got my Advanced in Friday. Ordered it from DJI with a nice education discount. Anyhow, I did the basic setups today. Windy as heck here so didn't fly. I calibrated and setup basic features, but right off it wants an 2 updates. The current app is ok, but my aircraft version is 1.4.10+ and the RC is 1.5.7. The process is calling for a battery firmware update as well...so my main questions are should I upgrade the 1.4.10 and will the battery roll up then as well? BTW, everything did calibrate and the craft does fire up, I just did not fly because of high winds. Thanks

If I use updated batteries (1.6) in a 1.4 bird, will this bring an advantage?

So I understand completely...I just got my Advanced in Friday. Ordered it from DJI with a nice education discount. Anyhow, I did the basic setups today. Windy as heck here so didn't fly. I calibrated and setup basic features, but right off it wants an 2 updates. The current app is ok, but my aircraft version is 1.4.10+ and the RC is 1.5.7. The process is calling for a battery firmware update as well...so my main questions are should I upgrade the 1.4.10 and will the battery roll up then as well? BTW, everything did calibrate and the craft does fire up, I just did not fly because of high winds. Thanks

DJI will always want you to upgrade to the latest firmware. Not updating is your decision... I've updated to the latest firmware all 'round with no disappointment... to date.
I'm not sure what advantages there are (if any) to not updating. The battery firmware protects your P3 from cold weather battery issues. If you're in a warm climate, and
you're comfortable without that update, then fly with what you've got. Otherwise, the 1.6 firmware may 'compromise' cold weather performance, but will also protect it from
adverse effects of cold weather on previous firmware versions.
When you upgrade to 1.6 Firmware, the battery installed is upgraded... Each additional battery has to be installed prior to running the update again to update that battery.

Having never flown gives you the advantage of never knowing what you could've had.... o_O

Reactions: attygwt
After updating to newest firmware, no more connection between remote and bird (bird seems to look for a Phantom 4 ....), how to reconnect?

If it's looking for a P4 it's sounds like you updated the GO app too. On the home screen of the GO app it lets you select the craft model. Did you select P3P?

When I first got the drone it hovered on a pinhead. In my innocence I didn't think that would change, but upgrading from 1.1.9 killed that precision and I've never got it back. I got up to about 1.4 and then went right back to 1.1.9 directly and indirectly. Nothing helped and I'm left with a drone that doesn't have the same accuracy as it once did. Mordor has the same problem.
Now i upgrade in the hope that the next one will work but all I see is function being altered, some for the better, some not. Still no accuracy.
Reading the log, my opinion is that, opposite of what dji say, when you go back one step in firmware not everything is rolled back but just few parts of the firmware blocks. That's why you don't have anymore the stability you had.

DJI sucks huge use to have a bird that was dialed in now I have unstable 1500 piece of junk that I have to fight with to keep straight cuz these Dji idiots don't test there crap before hand and god forbid you have to call these idiots ..

I upgraded yesterday after a flight to 1.6.0 and now have no communication with aircraft !
If you updated bird to 1.6 and rc to 1.6 through the dji app then rc and bird can't communicate. You've to update the bird to 1.8 to have communication again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31